Beware of Multiplayer! Some gamers have figured out how to hack the game...

BrinkX

It wasn't that they were steering the pickup for me, it was more like they TOOK AWAY the ability to steer the pickup and also made it so that you were accelerating at full speed constantly... which eventually caused the car to run straight into a wall. I would think that once they figured out how to mod weapons and number of enemies, changing those attributes of the pickup wouldn't be difficult at all.

I had a case of my truck not steering the way I told it to when I had 3 random guys in it with me (my hosted game). Not too big of an issue really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh i'm sorry did i break your heart?

and of course if i don't agree with you like grandpa here i'm a troll, of course...

I got all cheevs and played over 100h Dead Island and i never met any one

who can be described as hacker/cheater.

sure i met different people from different countries, and the obvious 13 year old amercian kiddies which are annoying as hell but there is an thing u can do:

drop out of the game, press start and drop out, and you're on your own again.

Who said that it was cheating or such things?

This game is buggy als hell, and i encountered some in my 100+h,

and even after the patches i saw some things which clearly are bugs.

Next time you play dead island, message me, i will play with you.

You played 100H and never got anyone cheating? Yoiu must be a hell of a lucky person. Like, ridiculously lucky.

Towards the end of my 98H with this game, anyone who joined me, or whom I joined seemed to be cheating.

They were duping items - I joined a game and the guy had like 10 piles of literally hundreds of the same item. I also had someone join who made it rain diamonds.

I had someone who had hacked the game who everytime he killed someone they would get $500k plus each time they killed a normal zombie - 2MIL plus each thug. The XP was also raised a similar ridiculous amount.

Finally, people had hacked the game's weapons, whether it was a pistol that killed anything in the game as a one hit, or regular weapons that didn't deplete, unfortunately I experienced it.

There is a big difference between "using a glitch"/"cheating" & "hacking".

I played the game when it was new all day, sure the dupeglitch was there and i (abused) it to copy diamonds/Zed's Demise to get money but that's nothing like hook up your Xbox with a Pc and alter the game.

Then after i had enough of the game i put it away for months.Then back to get the DLC cheevs, when i saw all this new hacked stuff. 110h to be accurate. ^^

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/ky4y3o3d/DIStatistics.jpg

I ran into a group of guys who had modded weapons and it was lame. One had infinite ammo while the other was literally sniping and head shotting the zombies from across the map. It ruins the experience that is for sure. I booted them and just kept playing.

If anyone here is looking for someone who doesn't glitch in the game add me and tell me what it is for.

For the issue of the modded weapons you don't have to go too far to see:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=354876

Btw I've played the game just a week, I'm in the first run. So I joined another's person game in order to get the achievement for "A people person" (or something like that), and then he gave a me a lvl1 orange pistol, the stats seemed low. So I equip it, and yeah, unlimited ammo and kills in one shot.

EDIT: It ruins the game, period. I gave that weapon away, I prefer playing with the game's weapons, since once you got Left hand of Glova, the game doesn't need more.

Edited by EloyOn

The driving issue is just a glitch. its happened a few times to in both single and multiplayer. All they sound like is bad glitches. I've only heard of people hacking weapons not spawns nor driving. I don't know if they fixed it but there was a glitch that if your partner was in the passenger seat and you was driving. if he keeps shooting the front window repeatedly you can't steer the car.

• 2 weeks later...
This is kinda sad... I wish someone would join my game and spawn dozens of zombies. Seriously, if you know how, please text me and I'll add you. I'd love to ramp up this games difficulty!!

Then take a walk across "quarantine" in the city, it's a zone with high respawn rate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just had the same thing!

I left it paused while I was making a cup of coffee and when I cam back there a duplicate of my character, another player had joined my game (I hadn't invited or agreed to join them). A player called bomberman, kinda apt, since the douche bag had somehow hacked infinite grenades and proceeded to blow me up every time I re-spawned.

So yeah set the game to single player unless you want to lose all your cash.

• 1 month later...
Beware of players online in Dead Island's multiplayer!!!

Obviously some people have figured out how to mod/hack this game. BEWARE when you play this game. I highly suggest that you do not leave your 3 co-op slots open to the Public as this issue has now happened to me, my co-op buddy and my brother (and my brother had just started playing the game so he thought it was just part of the game and almost quit playing it forever). I HIGHLY suggest that when you first start playing the game you set your 3 co-op slots to Private so that you don't end up getting hijacked by these a-holes.

Here is what happened and like I said it happened to all three of us at one point or another (and at different locations as well). Luckily enough I figured out quickly what was happening and was able to educate both of them.

I was doing the missions in the southwestern part of the Resort map, at the gas station. I had pretty much cleared out all the enemies in this location and was just looting and exploring the area. All of the sudden more and more enemies started showing up. Eventually there were about 10 Thugs, 20 Infected and a number of Walkers. For the first 20 seconds I was thinking, "Man, this is a tough mission! I can't imagine what Acts II, III and IV are going to be like". Then I saw two Logan characters a little bit off in the distance. So I decided to hop in my truck and leave the area to get away from the mass amount of enemies. My truck wouldn't steer right, I couldn't control it at all and I ended up getting "driven" full speed right into a wall. So I asked my buddy if he remembered to keep his co-op slots private and told him that we needed to drop out. Sure enough, after we dropped out, he checked his settings and somehow they got switched to public. So two jerkoffs had joined our game and start screwing around with us.

When this happened to my brother he had no idea what was going on and he also thought this was part of the game, but since he was just starting to play he wasn't thinking about the co-op possibility. I had been getting text messages from him earlier saying how great he thought the game was and all these messages about how cool this was or that was. Then his text messages changed drastically! "This game went from fun to a nightmare in no time. I am about to throw the game disc out the window and never touch this nightmare again!". So I quickly called him and asked if he noticed any other players in his game and asked him if he had changed his co-op slots to Private (I had told him before he started playing the game, but he never listens to me). Sure enough same thing had happened to him. Man I hate people some times.

Needless to say, BE VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU PLAY WITH IN MULTIPLAYER, because there are just too many immature gamers out there who seem to need to be a pain for no reason. I have played with a number of good, legitimate players, but just be aware of the possibility of people glitching your game. So if extremely strange things start happening, you will know it is not the game, just some gamers with nothing better to do with their time.

Thanks for the heads up. Don't worry about the trollers, they're just little insects waiting to be squished.

:o

its getting to the point where i cannot even find a co-op partner via 'game lobby' anymore. pretty much over half of the kids who play this have some infinite ammo explossive rifle that breaks the game. most of the time they want to drop you one and spread the bullshit, which makes me even more angry. those are the people who deserve corrupted save files, not people who have put legit hours and hours into the story.

honestly whats the point of playing a survival horror game if you want to cheat like that? the worst is when i legit actually have a great co-op partner, and some douche comes in 1-shotting everything "do yous have modded guns, i can drop you a modded AK. i have unlimitted ammo, blah blah." which usually results in both of us dropping out of the game..

most of the games i join now either have some kid playing samB running around 1shotting everything, or its some morron who has his slots as public but boots everybody who joins.. wow, people still do that? 1 year later and people still dont know how to set the game to private.

Edited by niko da bos

• 3 months later...

I sure wish I read this thread first, It wasn't even 5 minutes after I opened up public slots that this happened.

I was playing last night and for the first time turned on public slots. I am still early in the game and had just reached level 10, a few people popped in and out of my game and I just went about my business doing quests. Then I hopped in a vehicle and decided to mow down some zombies working on the analog fight control achievement because apparently you can do that with a vehicle and I ran over 2 zombies on the road and some how unlocked both the achievements for reaching level 25 and level 50. so now my game has level 56 zombies and my character is level 10. I guess I need to start over.

This has nothing to do with a player hacking the game or something, the game just fucked up.

The game (if you as you were saing early in the game) is very glitchy & buggy, you would've noticed this way in the game.

I got 172hours playtime in the game, and you wouldn't believe what glitches,bugs and fucked up stuff i have seen in this game.

Just started to play this game again in coop with a friend when a hacker joined us. He killed us somehow over and over again, drop out didnt help, he just kept joining. He even maxed out our characters to lvl 60, gave us 99999999$. Had to start all over with private slots on. This is not some ordinary hacks like for example dark souls, where hackers just make themselves immortal, they destroy your characters!

Oh i'm sorry did i break your heart?

and of course if i don't agree with you like grandpa here i'm a troll, of course...

I got all cheevs and played over 100h Dead Island and i never met any one

who can be described as hacker/cheater.

sure i met different people from different countries, and the obvious 13 year old amercian kiddies which are annoying as hell but there is an thing u can do:

drop out of the game, press start and drop out, and you're on your own again.

Who said that it was cheating or such things?

This game is buggy als hell, and i encountered some in my 100+h,

and even after the patches i saw some things which clearly are bugs.

Next time you play dead island, message me, i will play with you.

Same here, the only cheating that ever happened was the weapon duplication glitch

Completely agree with the OP, the coop in this game is a mess. You can't go 2 minutes without running into someone with a modded weapon. I've been killed at least a dozen times from randoms who join my game and start shooting me immediately (I was also going for the People Person achievement at the time). The game also lags like crazy when there's 4 people. And then there's the idiotic feature where you have to have everyone standing in the same spot to progress in the storyline. Just a horrible coop game overall. It's honestly the only game I can think of where I'd rather play the single player than the coop.

• 2 months later...
Completely agree with the OP, the coop in this game is a mess. You can't go 2 minutes without running into someone with a modded weapon. I've been killed at least a dozen times from randoms who join my game and start shooting me immediately (I was also going for the People Person achievement at the time). The game also lags like crazy when there's 4 people. And then there's the idiotic feature where you have to have everyone standing in the same spot to progress in the storyline. Just a horrible coop game overall. It's honestly the only game I can think of where I'd rather play the single player than the coop.

SAME HERE MAN. I set it on Priveate til' I get my 1,000 gs. It draws me into the story more and I know ''If I screw up I'm a dead man'' type feeling of despair. Plus I get tired of at times my game freezing cause of Co op. :( (I got tired of other people completing my quests FOR ME)

The OP is right Heres my story.

Ok me and my bud ''Toothed Gnu'' wanted to co op and mess around in Dead Island cause I was new at the game at the time and wanted to ''learn the ropes'' (Got game on 12/23/2012). He said there was this lil kid who was 6 years old that was crazy good at Dead Island he beat it like 12 times. I was like ok ? (I don't like playing online with most people under 17,as immaturity is a factor)

He got mad that me and toothed were kinda doing our own thing he says ''Stop it'' and glitch our characters were we can't move and he was like ''You're dead'' then a second later my character just fell to the ground when I was in full health,no zombies around'' then I lose cash.

He hacked our game so much at once all 3 of our 360s froze. I restarted the game and never played online with that kid again. Toothed wound up deleting him LOL,sometime after that. All that kid ever wanted to do was play Dead Island with Toothed and it started annoying him. ha ha

So yes there are hackers. This was no ''Glitch''.

Edited by Deadsea 1993

• 2 weeks later...
Beware of players online in Dead Island's multiplayer!!!

Obviously some people have figured out how to mod/hack this game. BEWARE when you play this game. I highly suggest that you do not leave your 3 co-op slots open to the Public as this issue has now happened to me, my co-op buddy and my brother (and my brother had just started playing the game so he thought it was just part of the game and almost quit playing it forever). I HIGHLY suggest that when you first start playing the game you set your 3 co-op slots to Private so that you don't end up getting hijacked by these a-holes.

Here is what happened and like I said it happened to all three of us at one point or another (and at different locations as well). Luckily enough I figured out quickly what was happening and was able to educate both of them.

I was doing the missions in the southwestern part of the Resort map, at the gas station. I had pretty much cleared out all the enemies in this location and was just looting and exploring the area. All of the sudden more and more enemies started showing up. Eventually there were about 10 Thugs, 20 Infected and a number of Walkers. For the first 20 seconds I was thinking, "Man, this is a tough mission! I can't imagine what Acts II, III and IV are going to be like". Then I saw two Logan characters a little bit off in the distance. So I decided to hop in my truck and leave the area to get away from the mass amount of enemies. My truck wouldn't steer right, I couldn't control it at all and I ended up getting "driven" full speed right into a wall. So I asked my buddy if he remembered to keep his co-op slots private and told him that we needed to drop out. Sure enough, after we dropped out, he checked his settings and somehow they got switched to public. So two jerkoffs had joined our game and start screwing around with us.

When this happened to my brother he had no idea what was going on and he also thought this was part of the game, but since he was just starting to play he wasn't thinking about the co-op possibility. I had been getting text messages from him earlier saying how great he thought the game was and all these messages about how cool this was or that was. Then his text messages changed drastically! "This game went from fun to a nightmare in no time. I am about to throw the game disc out the window and never touch this nightmare again!". So I quickly called him and asked if he noticed any other players in his game and asked him if he had changed his co-op slots to Private (I had told him before he started playing the game, but he never listens to me). Sure enough same thing had happened to him. Man I hate people some times.

Needless to say, BE VERY CAREFUL WHO YOU PLAY WITH IN MULTIPLAYER, because there are just too many immature gamers out there who seem to need to be a pain for no reason. I have played with a number of good, legitimate players, but just be aware of the possibility of people glitching your game. So if extremely strange things start happening, you will know it is not the game, just some gamers with nothing better to do with their time.

brinkx, most of the people who replied back then was cheater's them self those that would defend hacking and cheats by making out they was glitche's tend to be 9/10 game moder's, PS3 version of the game is the same only a lot worse when you click L2 or R2 instead of you being able to chose a weapon you get setting's like option's or you get put in to you map/player's/levl up point's and every time you click to exit that page it takes you back in to it, and once you kick a player the problem's stop, I sold my xbox because I was fed up with hacker's and played on PS3 only to find more and more hacks are showing up on that console also, so I bought the Amiga CD32 console that has no hacker's or cheater's just real fun on old game's, no stress no agro no lie's by gaming company they will stop it and your custom matter's no it dosn't hackers and cheats go hand in hand with gaming company's they get far to much from hacker's to put you or any decent customer first, money/education on hack's, you offer money nothing else except a head ache for moaning, hence I ditched PS3 and xbox and never looked back after getting the amiga cd32, very good for your stress and anger level's and much more fun,

He hacked our game so much at once all 3 of our 360s froze. I restarted the game and never played online with that kid again. Toothed wound up deleting him LOL,sometime after that. All that kid ever wanted to do was play Dead Island with Toothed and it started annoying him. ha ha

So yes there are hackers. This was no ''Glitch''.

Ok explain to me how he hacked the game?

I can make assumptions all day.

I know this game way more than you all here, 200h playtime now,

and i know alot of ways to freeze or glitch the game without "hacking" a thing.

• 4 weeks later...

They're called save editors. With it you can pretty much hack your save to have max cash, any weapon you want, and also dive so deep into the data that you can alter the ammo on a gun to have over 800 million bullets in it. You would be surprised at how many save editors people have made for any game. It's like a Codebreaker or Gameshark for the 360.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
They're called save editors. With it you can pretty much hack your save to have max cash, any weapon you want, and also dive so deep into the data that you can alter the ammo on a gun to have over 800 million bullets in it. You would be surprised at how many save editors people have made for any game. It's like a Codebreaker or Gameshark for the 360.

THIS !!!

I could careless what Ethfrehn says. He was kind of rude to OP for no reason. Then replys ''I know more about online then you all Ive played like 200 times''

Well if he can be like a machine and encounter every player in the World that is playing this game I will give him a cookie.

I could care less if NO ONE believed me. I know what I saw and it was no ''game glitch'' it was same pattern as a ''hacker''.