Best & Worst Value Season Passes / DLC

ThrawnOmega

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L.A. Noir I didn't get the season pass for, but got the GOTY edition and must say I was very happy with the extra stuff they added.

The worst seasons pass I've heard of was for Aliens Colonial Marines that game was terrible and it never should have had a pass to begin with. I think Sega/Gearbox should have released it for free for the shear let down that was that game.

Best DLC: Fallout: New Vegas

I'd love this game no matter what, but "Old World Blues" was ridiculously funny.

Worst DLC: Aquazone

Paid over $60 for fish. That I stared at. They didn't do anything. They just swam back and forth, fed, repeat ad nauseum. And (if I had played the game legitimately) three months later I'd get an achievement. Maybe. To top off the "f*** you" bonanza, this was all a part of the game's original 1000g. AND IT STILL HAS 8 UNOBTAINABLES!

I'm really surprised by all the hate for Saints Row: The Third's DLC. Just shows how out of sync I am with the community-at-large's opinion on games and content. =P

Best:

Battlefield 3 Premium. Bought it first thing, got a nice shiny new knife. The new maps have mostly been a blast, some of the new modes aren't my bag but can be a lot of fun on occasion. It's been a blast ripping through all the new assignments. Honestly, no regrets here.

Honourable mention:

Metro Last Light: honestly have enjoyed the relatively less expensive than most Season Pass for this so far. Am waiting on GSL before diving into the newer stuff but I think 4A has made some interesting additions and am looking forward to trying out the rest (and nabbing 100% on it all, this game is fucking amazing)

Have my super amazing fully DLC loaded copy of New Vegas waiting for me, can't wait to dive into that one. :dance:

Worst:

Gears of War 3: This was the first SP I ever bought, played the fuck out of this game, loved the game, but honestly only enjoyed one of the new maps (Azura) and the campaign content. The rest I could have left behind. In retrospect, bad move.

MP DLC in general is not my thing (BF3 excluded), prefer campaign content. Even if I only play it once, it's generally more satisfying and leaves a more enjoyable memory than maps and skins I may or may not give a shit about.

Edited by Opiate42