Skate Franchise!?

Dinh Master

What was your favourite Skate game?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favourite Skate game?

• Skate
    • Skate 2
    • Skate 3

MAN did I love those games. It's been a really long time since they've released one. Anyone know what's up with that? Any news as to whether or not they're done with the Skate games? Not only did I enjoy every moment of those games, but they introduced me to two of my favourite bands, Band of Horses and Animal Collective. Dug the music so much in those games.

Seriously, give me some deets. I'm gonna shake my ass with my arms in the air if they announce a Skate 4 :ass

Edited by Dinh Master

I voted 3, because it's freshest in my memory. The first one revolutionized skateboarding video games. The second one was a lot of fun, but they had a few too many tedious online achievements. The third one I know the map inside/out, I love just skating around.

Skate 2 for me. it was a big leap ahead of the first one, I sunk a ton of time into it. For me, Skate 3 kind of felt like Skate 2.5. Much like a ton of developers do, as you see in games like Forza, there was just a ton of repeat Skate 2 boards, clothing, and similar events in Skate 3. It didn't feel original and innovative like Skate 2 did to the original.

Have never played a skating game. They any good if you aren't a skateboarding fan?

They're extremely fun. If you aren't a skateboarding fan, you can enjoy the downhill death races, and the wipe outs, and just throwing yourself off cliffs and buildings. Obviously being a skateboarding fan enhances the fun considerably, but either way it's a great franchise. Don't bother with Tony Hawk

I voted Skate 2. Something about that game just felt right, and I'm with most of you guys saying that it had the right difficulty level.

I don't understand why EA doesn't come out with another one. Skate 3's online community is still pretty active and you'll occasionally see it in the top 20 games on the 360, years after it released. It would sell like crazy

• 3 weeks later...

If this is indeed true, then I'm all for the annoying a-hole to continue playing Skate games.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/how-pewdiepie-fired-skate-3-back-into-the-charts/0137447

EA should just allow a mode in the next Skate game where bugs/glitches are left and not fixed. That alone will sell a few thousand copies.

Not gonna lie. Bought Skate 2. Can't get into it. Not a fan of the analog-controlled gameplay. Much rather go back to the Tony Hawk button commands. Hell, just give me a modernized remake of Tony Hawks Underground 1 and 2 and I think we would be set on Skating games for the rest of eternity. They were the epitome of perfection and among the last good things Activision did for the industry. Giving me THUG with Ryse-level graphics, achievents and the original soundtracks, but doubled in size and I'd be happy to terminate my 6-year strike against Activision.

Not gonna lie. Bought Skate 2. Can't get into it. Not a fan of the analog-controlled gameplay. Much rather go back to the Tony Hawk button commands. Hell, just give me a modernized remake of Tony Hawks Underground 1 and 2 and I think we would be set on Skating games for the rest of eternity. They were the epitome of perfection and among the last good things Activision did for the industry. Giving me THUG with Ryse-level graphics, achievents and the original soundtracks, but doubled in size and I'd be happy to terminate my 6-year strike against Activision.

Well, the Tony Hawk games were ridiculously unrealistic. Skate did what the NHL franchise did and made the games much harder, more realistic, and fun and challenging. Don't think I could ever go back to a Tony Hawk game, aside from the N64 ones, for nostalgic reasons

Well, the Tony Hawk games were ridiculously unrealistic. Skate did what the NHL franchise did and made the games much harder, more realistic, and fun and challenging. Don't think I could ever go back to a Tony Hawk game, aside from the N64 ones, for nostalgic reasons

I'm definitely not denying what the Skate series has done for the genre. It filled a niche that Tony Hawk strove to avoid by bringing a sense of realism to a franchise filled with glorified skating eye candy. It kind of ends up being like Racing games at the end of the day. Some people like the hyper-realistic simulators like Forza and Gran Turismo while other people like the Arcadish nature of games like Need for Speed or even the insanity of the Burnout games.

It's just a disappointment that they took the Tony Hawk into uncomfortable territory with that awful Ride and Shred controller, than completely killed the franchise. They could've just eased it back to a new entry every few years instead of annually and actually take the time to introduce new elements like THUG did, but that's apparently not how Activision works...

Ah, there can only be ONE game right? I love gamers who hate games. And variety.

Edited by WalterWhite

All the Skate games rule. The 1st is the best. It has the most realistic graphics and you can do the longest powerslides. :cool: Then Skate 2, (really good also) and lastly Skate 3. Really fun, but least fun of the three, it can be kinda glitchy at times.

Edited by Pumm3l W33d