Achievement Discussion

Webb

The singleplayer ones look pretty easy, beating the game on legendary looks a little hard but the rest should be pretty easy to get in one play through..

The multiplayer ones also look pretty easy, after about a couple hours of playing you should have them (I usually get at least 5-7 of them in an average game). Maybe an hour with a buddy trading..

Might actually pcik this game up and play it on my buddys PC. Mine is way too crappy and I don't feel like paying for Vista, he just got a really good computer with Vista on it..

Pretty nice to finally get achievements on a game I've been playing for over two years (and played almost exclusively for more than a year).

• 1 month later...

I hate the campaign complete achievements. I played through in Legendary but it didn't unlock - I did use select level once which shouldn't make a difference but whatever. Started again on a new profile (not gamertag) and went through again on Legendary but got disconnected from Live once (I restarted the level because it told me to) and at the end - still no achievments. So I've just finished playing through on Normal in one sitting - and still no achievements ... FFS! I've seen one person on another forum with this problem - has anyone here had this too?

It looks like I'm going to have to reinstall Halo 2 just to get these last three achievements (and play through the game for the fourth consecutive time - 3rd on legendary). Sorry to rant but I'm a little bit frustrated atm. :(

Yeah, looks like the Legendary achievement is the only difficult or even challenging one.. That and the Scarab Gun, but mostly cause I've never bothered trying to get it..

The Scarab gun is annoying and pointless. I only got it to reach 100% completion. I was disappointed not to see any achievements for the Skulls. The Skulls at least made the game more interesting and fun (for me anyway).

I wonder if u beat it on hardest diff u get all achievments like normal and stuff? I never played the singleplayer actually but always wanted to so now ill have a new chanche for doing that :) But dont feel like beating it 4 times. Hate those achievments in all games

I don't think you have to beat the game on each difficulty. If you beat it on Legendary all three should unlock. A Friend of mine beat it on Heroic and got both Hero and Warrior. I'm playing it through on Legendary now, so I should be set.

i always thought that the point of this live anywhere was you could gain achievements on both platforms. do you think they will release this on 360 for the achievements. dont really want to upgrade my pc just to play halo 2 again (cost me about 300 quid)

It is so you can get achievements on both platforms. It doesn't mean that games will be on both and with the same achievements if/when they are. I wouldn't mind seeing more cross platform competition on Live.

This game is so easy to get points in, it's almost sad. I went over to a friends house, who had it, and played on my tag. Within a couple of games, or 20 minutes, I already had all online achievements but 3; Violent Cartographer, Rainman and Hired Gun. I got 255 points, In a effortless breeze through a couple games.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...