Spell Locations

kantizuni

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grand Staff is such an annoying place to hide spells >=(

Can someone confirm that they can definately be bought from the auction house after visiting both of the Grand Staff sites? I don't want to take too long in there when Gongora can have his arse kicked in a matter of minutes.

Anything (spells included) that you do NOT pick up in any of the Grand Staff parts, will be available to purchase at the Auction House.

I can confirm this.

• 2 weeks later...

Level 3:

Ailment Void - Northern Cape - Treasure Hunt item. Hunt starts with 1000 Year Dream "So Long, Friend." Dream acquired at Tosca Inn after Old Sorceress Mansion.

The spell hasn't been showing up for me.. I've gotten the dream and viewed that now annoying cutscene around 200 times trying to get this. Is there something else I need to do to trigger it's appearance on the Northern Cape? Thanks!

Has the hint not shown up, or the Treasure itself?

If you mean the treasure, try updating your Treasure Locator to Level 2. It should enable you to see hidden treasures on the map as a little orange bleep so you can find it easier.

I did this one on disc four though..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there! Great guide!

I just wanted to give you a tidbit of info that might help some people out.

All-Shield and All-Barricade (Level 2 White Magic), along with Aqua and Ground, can also be found at the Item Shop in Numara, in case you missed the chests for them in the Sea of Baus.

It's good to know if you're only going to for the spell achievement, and not the Treasure Trove one. ^^

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone give a more accurate description of where to find the Groundus spell in the engine section of grand staff? Much appreciated.

[spoiler=admiringworm1]<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< XVIV. Grand Staff [GRSF] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Aquarus

White Charm

Shinus

Sorceror's Discus

Groundus

Ok before we head off, now's a great time to finish some side-quests. The

White Boa can charge through ice, which means the world is your oyster,

sky is the limit, etc. So check out the sidequest part of this guide or

roam around if you wish.

When you're ready, head to Grand Staff, surrounded by ice. If you cannot

find it, check your map for a big glowing spot.

After some cut-scenes, it's time to get to the top. You'll need to cross

a few pipes, but be careful! Hot steam is blowing, and if you get caught

it the crossfire you'll be thrown to the level below. As you reach the save

ball, save if you wish, and continue on.

Walk straight, and take the ladder to your right up. Operate the terminal to

shut off the fans. Continue on, and climb the ladder on your right for the

spell Aquarus. Climb back down, and head to an elevator. Ride this to the

next level, which should be the Second Boiler. Up ahead is another elevator,

which will take you to the Armory. In the Armory are some tanks. By examining

a tank, you can optionally battle a semi-fierce enemy known as Experiment 1.

The only real reason to battle these guys throughout this place is that

they sometimes drop the White Charm accessory. Head to the shaft in the

lower part of this Armory, and head down. You should see another terminal.

Operate it to turn off more fans, yippee!

Jump over to the pipe on your left, and make sure you are holding A to walk

slowly, as the pipe is quite slippery. Ride the lift to the north for the

spell Shinus. Head back down and go through the shaft until you are at the

Second Boiler again. There's a chest here that contains the Sorceror's

Discus weapon. Now ride the platform, and take the elevator back to the

Armory. Walk down and take the next elevator to get to the First Boiler.

Climb down the ladder on the other side, and operate another terminal to

shut off some fans. Climb down the ladder to your right, and kick the

trash cans for some Godly Dragon Tears and the spell Groundus. Climb

back up the ladder, and this time head north over the pipe. Before the

next pipe, take the ladder down to your left, and turn off the fan by

operating a terminal. To get to this terminal, push the block in front

of it.

Walk back to the elevators, and head back to the First Boiler. take the

ladder up, and walk past the elevators and Experiment 1 tanks. Climb

the ladder and ride the elvator up up up. Get ready for a boss battle!

Now before this battle, some great skills to have equipped:

Absorb Fire/Water/Ground/Wind

Absorb Magic

Auto Barrier

Ailment Resistence

The battle will be a lot easier with those.

• 2 weeks later...

can anyone help with all curse? it's one of the last spells i need. i'm on disc 4, in the sewers behind the inn in uhra. i followed this guide to get the thingies to empty which is all good. but the ladder in the middle takes me to a platform halfway down, i can see the item sparkling below me, and if i go down the ladder in the other one, it takes me all the way to the floor but i can't walk under the gate to get it even though it's open. i only found those two ladders to go down, so am i missing something? i can't figure out how to get over there

nvm FOUND it here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57924&highlight=curse same thing but different order

Edited by ashwee1218
found it

• 5 weeks later...

Im trying to find forceus im at the Ipsilon mountain and ive gone behind the save point to were the chest should be but I cant seem to be able to find anything there. So am i missing something out?

P.s. ive checked and I dont have it in my spell book.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice is barricudas and shieldas the only missable thing related to achievements in the game that you cant go back and get cus Id really like to know and also about what point in the game is the store where you can buy them

If I remember correctly, those two "missable" spells are for sale in Low Town of Gohtza in the building where the Backyard is, if you wondered around earlier in the game the store keepers wouldn't talk to you, but now that everything is frozen they are only to happy to sell to you, again I could be wrong but I think it is on the 10th floor of that particular building. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Im trying to find forceus im at the Ipsilon mountain and ive gone behind the save point to were the chest should be but I cant seem to be able to find anything there. So am i missing something out?

P.s. ive checked and I dont have it in my spell book.

stupid question, but you have the item that allows you to view the invisible chests that you obtain from playing the 9th cubic music score? If so then it should be there behind the save point where the boss was...it took me a while to find it but it is there, right behind the save point.

• 2 weeks later...
what do you mean by jump behind the rocks at the waterfall for gamble

In the middle of the village there is a pond...and in the pond there are like 3 or 4 rocks. If you walk up to the pond near the closest rock you can jump to the rocks and use them as stepping stones to get to a platform that is hidden behind the waterfall.

I have already missed the barracadus and shieldus and im gutted. but another that no one has ever mentioned as missable is level 1 'refresh'.

I have gone back for this and the spirit lift will not activate :uzi:'refresh':mad:

Oh and im on disk 4

Edited by BoBeTo1986
missed a bit

• 4 weeks later...
I have already missed the barracadus and shieldus and im gutted. but another that no one has ever mentioned as missable is level 1 'refresh'.

I have gone back for this and the spirit lift will not activate :uzi:'refresh':mad:

Oh and im on disk 4

I'm in EXACTLY the same place as you are. Oh well. Was planning to play this game through twice anyway...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So for example, if i'm missing a spell in an area that STILL DOES EXIST I can only obtain that spell by going to said area to retrieve it manually? That makes sense, BUT but but...if I can't get to a certain area anymore all I have to do is buy the spell at the auction house or whatever it's called? (excluding shieldus and barricadus)I have no idea where this auction house is but it can't be too hard to find, I'm going to assume it's in a big city and failing that I'll check Saman. Many thanks for the spell locations:woop:, I only wish I had taken advantage of this before I broke grand staff.