Traffic events are a bitch

I can't even beat the first one on Hard. I think I'm 0/50+ so far. The worrying thing is, there's actually an Expert difficulty which I haven't unlocked yet. If Hard is Impossible, I guess Expert must be Double Impossible :D.

Anyone got any tips for the Traffic events? I'm gonna try another character cause Sonic ain't working for me.

I figured it out on my own. However I would suggest to anyone struggling with the game to read the solutions on TrueAchievements - there's a guy on there who has 1000 on the game and has posted what are the best tactics and riders to use for each event. A couple of guys on x360a have 1k as well but don't want to reveal their secrets. Fair enough. I think that shows why the community on x360a can be its Achilles' heel sometimes :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I cannot for the life of me complete a single Traffic Attack event on Expert difficulty no matter what I do.

I've tried every character and used both Speed and/or Handling mods with Sonic, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, and many other characters but every time, I either am forced to swerve to avoid the orange cars, and that causes me to hit a 'green' car, or I find myself against a 'wall' of cars when going around sharp turns, to the point that the green cars are as bad as the 'police' cars as far as I'm concerned.

I've gotten multiple races, boost events, and many races completed on Expert and have managed to finish the entire Sunshine Coast Tour but just recently, I sank multiple hours trying to beat the Tokyo Traffic event but almost every time, I just can't seem to avoid hitting the vehicles especially at the U-Turn after going over the bridge and the gaps. Most of the time I go around that curve, I encounter a 'traffic jam' of multiple vehicles to the point that either I collide or am forced to slow down so much that I lose those critical seconds that I could've used to go through the checkpoint ahead.

I've also completed and gotten 1st place on the first two Career events on Expert Difficulty in Grand Prix and am closing in on "Welcome To The Victory Lane" but the Traffic Attack challenges are downright impossible and the incredible rage (In terms of gaming) has reached a level that it has just about ruined the fun of an otherwise marvelous game.

I really do love "Transformed" and think it's a great sequel to the first S&S All-Stars Racing and am a huge fan of the Sonic Franchise but these Traffic Events have just about ruined an otherwise great game.

I DO love challenging levels and may come back to try these 'Traffic' events in the future but after days of trying with no luck, I now see myself maxing this game at around 700-720G. The traffic disaster events have taken 150G out of consideration as far as I'm concerned. This really pisses me off.

Perhaps Divine intervention will happen and I'll finally complete the Expert Traffic Attack events but as of this writing, the damn cars, even the green ones, are almost like giant magnets and I get drawn towards them and lose by so many collisions.

I've managed to complete at least several events of other Challenge types as of this writing.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: I've finally, FINALLY completed these dreadful traffic attack events and finally have the Triple-Star license!

God, these events made me pull my hair out many times especially where I kept hitting almost every car in the damn universe that I could possibly hit. Even the green cars felt like giant magnets that pulled me towards them.

The worst event to me ironically wasn't Ocean Outrun but it was Shibuya Downtown because of the lack of boosts or gloves that could block vehcles that could cause me to lose speed and time. Shibuya Downtown lacked any boost items and has no glove items that could help you block them. This made the Shibuya Downtown traffic event a rage-inducing butthurt nightmare level to beat but Man, Oh Man, I cried with joy when I beat it. The other traffic events while still a major pain in the ass, were much easier by comparison.

My advice is to use Sonic with either the Speed or Handling Mods and you MUST get the bonus time that you earn when you go through the two green cars and the green line. Trust me, these really come in handy, even when you're not hitting anything and maintaining adequate speed.

Shibuya Downtown is hands down the hardest S-Class level and it will take a tone of practice and be prepared for a bit of gamer-grief but it can be done but it is a giant nightmare to do IMO.

I finallybeat the other traffic events and got all 232 stars and my Triple-Star License! I felt so happy to get it and earning that triple-star license and the 150G to go with "All Stars" and the triple-star license is probably my happiest gamer moment since earning Halo:Reach's "A Monument To All Your Sins" achievement! :D

Good luck to all in trying to do the traffic attack on Expert difficulty. I gave up on these several times in the last couple years before I finally beat them for real. :D

Funny how my earlier rant on this thread is now moot...:biglaugh