Possible To Get "Untouchables" Alone?

xthewhiterabbit

I actually got it alone on easy,and the level was no mercy,i killed the other three survivors,called the evac chopper,Then i just kneeled on a pillar type thing to the left of where the radio is until the tank would appear,kill it,then go back to my spot,took me a few tries but i was able to do it.

Edited by ONSLAUGHT o

• 3 weeks later...

Hey OP there is a very simple way to get it on the Dead Air finale on Easy with 3 bots.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFJdh8AiTNo&feature=related]YouTube - Left 4 Dead - Dead Air - UNTOUCHABLES Achievement w/ BOTS[/ame]

A friend recommended this way to me and I watched a video on YouTube to see how it was done, fairly simple.

yes u can get it alone with 3 AI..

i done the whole campaign on expert with 3 AI.. its hard as fuck but doable..

for untouchables just sit against the fence behind the plane on the dead air finale.. the AI will stop most zombies from getting to you and you just shoot from distance..the only tricky bit is the 2 tanks that spawn but just make sure a rock doesnt hit you and you will be fine.. i got it 2nd try n both tanks i killed from distance.. not very hard at all.. blood harvest finale by myself on expert was fucken hard..

• 1 month later...

I got it on No Mercy solo. Call the chopper, run up the stairs, then jump up as high as you can on the building. You can see every infected coming from a long way. Keep your eye out for Smokers. They are the worst thing about it.

The AI are crack shots so don't worry to much. As soon as the second tank is dead, make a mad dash to the landing zone. Hard, but not as much as you think.

Thanks for the videos and walkthroughs guys. I'm quite a soloist, so if I can do something without having to boost with people I definitely prefer to do so.

Looking forward to trying this out tonight after the gym!

Rented this one from Gamefly, I'd like to get the untouchables done and a few others with a group of likeminded players.

I intend to buy the GOTY edition later on, but waiting til genocidest is done so I dont get pwned by a reset.

Also the multiplayer ones as infected, boosting or just playing for fun.. I am game... add me

The Teaza <---Gamertag

• 2 weeks later...

actually got this by a fluke, when i wasnt supposed to lol. after losing finale on crash course in co-op.

if you cant find peeps to play with, i would suggest just use two controllers and play versus. make sure you kill off player 2 when tank comes though, otherwise there is a ai smoker (or wtv it was) comin for you! <--player2 becomes tank

if you need "nothing special" you can run thru whole campaign and this makes it easy. also the boomer achv (no1 gets puked whole campaign) is easily done with this strat.

• 3 weeks later...

I found it easy to get this achievement on Death Toll with 3 bots. Choose to play as Francis and at the start pick up the sniper rifle. That way everyone will be long range shooters. Go through the fifth chapter in the campaign till you get to the radio in the cabin. Load up, make sure you have double pistols and grab a pipe bomb. Go outside the cabin so your bots are with you before you hit the switch (sometimes when you hit the radio they stay too long to follow you to the docks and end up taking damage). Once they are all outside run in really quick and hit the switch and run back out the front door the way you came. Get out your double pistols and fire continuously at the ground all the way to the end of the dock where the boat picks you up. From here just sit with your double pistols and pick off the horde as they come at you. The bots always see the infected a mile away and pick them off. The tanks are the tricky part. But only because they sometimes throw boulders at you. Whenever he is picking up a chunk to throw try to veer away from your huddled together bots since normally he's chucking it at you. Then just make sure you dodge it. You should kill the tank before he even gets to the dock everytime because the bots are such incredible shots. Just repeat this until you kill the second tank. Once the second tank has been killed just relax until the boat shows up. You'll want to throw your pipe bomb right before the boat arrives...and PRESTO. It took me around 8 tries to get it.

Edited by RumpleFoarskin

I got it on dead air with 3 bots. Played as the bitch so nobody had sniper rifles. Louis kept stuffing it for me a few times by getting hit by blocks hurled by the tank but I worked out if I attracted the tank towards me and dodged his blocks by the time tank realised the bots were there he would be killed...do this x 2 and hurl a pipe bomb when its time to get on the plane and you got yourself an achievo

I'm not the best player, but this achievement is not easy unless you are extremely lucky. It took be about 12 tries or possibly more to do it. Bill decided he liked to go away from me and get smacked around by the Tank, and then Louis decided he also enjoyed it. I got to the evac. plane 5 times. Every single time the AI took a ridiculously long time to follow me and always got injured by either a Hunter or a Boomer's Bile. I finally got it, but it was incredibly aggravating for me.

It is not impossible to get it with the 3 AI's. But, very complicated. I almost got it once in Dead Air but then stupid Francis got hit with a rock from the Tank. Another try and we all had 100 health but then when the Rescue Plane came Bill got pounced. So I kind of just gave up on doing it with AI's after many failed attempts. I tried with real people on my friends list and got it. I got in Death Toll on the "Jesus Rock". You can also try in Dead Air on top of plane. If you don't know how to get up there then look it up on Youtube. :)