Official bitching thread

sjmleicester

Got to start somewhere.

Although a lot of the game is fun to play I am finding some of quick time events where you have to press red to stop to arrow on the blue part of the bar which gets rapidly totally smaller very quickly totally frustrating.

I've tried to jump off that stupid coach about 7 times now in chapter 4 and keep failing. Arrrghh. Totally hit or miss and seems to be just luck.

The team approval voice system seems to be a joke. I seem to have an ennerving ability to say the wrong thing most of the time. lol. Red arrows all the way!!!!

That small quicktime event is a bit lame but then again you only get it 2 or 3 times.

The voice thing I used for about 2 minutes and I started feeling like an idiot and turned it off :)

None of these things hurt the overall experience for me and it's still a great game to me that is not getting enough love at all. Syndicate really stole it's thunder :(

The random QTE event's surprised the hell out of me the first time they popped up, but I still haven't messed up a single one yet. Anyway my only big gripes about this game would be in the "RagDoll" physics, the "Weak spot" on some of the bosses, and The A.I. commands/overall performance.

By Ragdoll I mean when your body gets knocked over all you go limp and flop around until you get up. Which is normally not a horrible concept, but add in the fact that you have to sit through the Ragdoll animation while you can still get combo'd by bosses and such...And it becomes pretty annoying>,>

The weak spot on bosses is another issue. It is usually identifiable, and that's a plus. But It felt like sometimes that it wouldn't do what it was supposed to. Like I would be shooting at the weak spot glowing on a bosses head and they don't react. But I shoot them in the neck and they get stunned(was that just me?). Also I CANNOT get that damn robot Liger to open it's mouth(won't spoil anything here). And I unload clip after clip of my fully upgraded assault rifle into it's glowing head:( It could be the difficulty that I'm playing on but still...it should be possible(I'm really determined).

Lastly the issue with the friendly A.I. The obivious one being that they run into your line of fire. That doesn't bug me a whole bug really, but there is one thing they do that I can't stand. And that's going idle in combat. I'll be in the middle of a gunfight and after already giving them a command to "FIRE"(which should be common sense to do anyway;)) sometimes my teammates will stay in cover and wait. Or wander around aimlessly like they don't have a purpose. Also the commands aren't implemented fully after you give them. Like"Cover me" for example doesn't really seem to help much.

But it's weird because sometimes the A.I. will do some pretty amazing things...Except during boss battles, they are completely useless in most of those(Highway boss for example) Anyway those are my things that irk me about BD. But I still like the game and DO NOT regret getting it. And really all those things I listed aren't major to be honest.I only wish more people would give this game a chance(.-_-.)

Got to start somewhere.

Although a lot of the game is fun to play I am finding some of quick time events where you have to press red to stop to arrow on the blue part of the bar which gets rapidly totally smaller very quickly totally frustrating.

I've tried to jump off that stupid coach about 7 times now in chapter 4 and keep failing. Arrrghh. Totally hit or miss and seems to be just luck.

The team approval voice system seems to be a joke. I seem to have an ennerving ability to say the wrong thing most of the time. lol. Red arrows all the way!!!!

The quik time events are just three in total and once u get the hang of it its not so bad, i found out as soon it shows up hit the B button and 8 out of 10 times you get it spot on! Just hit it as soon it shows up. The more annoying part i encountered in this game is the fact that every time you advance ahead one of your team members always have that nasty habbit to run straight into yourline of fire and so hitting them that their trust level goes down just when you had it up for having a convo before and saying the right answer.

About that trust level the answers you give are pretty straight ahead, its always logical and mostly actualy just consisting of agree with them and their trust level goes up. Example: Bo ask you what you will do after the mission,"Hey bro you going to have fun on the beach and have a couple of chicks then?" And you just select "Yeah" and pang trust level goes up.

That small quicktime event is a bit lame but then again you only get it 2 or 3 times.

The voice thing I used for about 2 minutes and I started feeling like an idiot and turned it off :)

None of these things hurt the overall experience for me and it's still a great game to me that is not getting enough love at all. Syndicate really stole it's thunder :(

That's exactly how it was for me too. I used the mic for a bit, got annoyed with it then stopped. Same with the quick time events lol

The quik time events are just three in total and once u get the hang of it its not so bad, i found out as soon it shows up hit the B button and 8 out of 10 times you get it spot on! Just hit it as soon it shows up. The more annoying part i encountered in this game is the fact that every time you advance ahead one of your team members always have that nasty habbit to run straight into yourline of fire and so hitting them that their trust level goes down just when you had it up for having a convo before and saying the right answer.

Yeah I've had that problem a lot sadly.

They should have just stuck with a simple press A quickly as a QTE rather than the stupid slider.

Another thing which is doing my head if is trying to get the trust up amongst your various partners.

Rapid killing of enemies seems to help as well as headshots and you are doing fine until the stupid AI keeps walking across the screen in front of you and takes damage. "Can't you see I am shooting?" or 'Get out of the way you idiot' comes to mind.

The multiplayer is awful with you spawning in exactly the same place everytime enabling one team to just spawn kill constantly. Rubbish

Edited by sjmleicester

The multiplayer is awful with you spawning in exactly the same place everytime enabling one team to just spawn kill constantly. Rubbish

That is the epitome of BS, why does it allow that I'll never know:confused: I mean spawn camping can occur in any shooter pretty much. But to allow the opposing team to stand in front of your spawn and mow you down before you're even aware of what's going on is...bleh. I will say this about BD, the single player was fun and worth it. But the multiplayer is just plain FILLER, and completely not needed.

i don't really have any issues. first time in a while. the only thing i can think of that annoys me is AI walking into my line of fire. very refreshing storyline/gameplay. the voice acting is good too in my opinion, unlike most shooters.

& Skill Master is not glitched. follow the guide & you'll get it.

http://i39.tinypic.com/k3ngcw.jpg

Anyone noticed some of the atrocious lag in multiplayer where enemies just disappear off the screen. Really annoying

It's hard enough trying to get six players into an online match and then if you apps o be on the winning team the other side just quits and the match is cancelled.

Please patch this game Sega so you can play private 1vs 1, weapon kills count and points go towards ranking up XP. This minimum 6 players is a joke because there are so few people playing the game.

Highly unlikely they patch this, there was an update abit earlier but no idea what that was about. I realy enjoyed the single player been thru it 3 times by now: survivor,no mercy, and then cake-walk just to get the last bits i was missing and the more i play it the more i actualy see how great the graphics look and how amazing the cutscenes are and voiceacting is spot on. To bad the didn,t transfer that into the multiplayer or just added some extra missions you could tackle along with your original team played by your friends or other gamers on-line so to speak a co-op mode.

The problem the MP faces is that there just not enough gamers around that actualy got, i agree with you all the lag and the quiting of ppl in MP matches is a serious letdown. That same issue we faced a few times in Invasion mode aswell. Why ppl leave just close to a match end is a mistery to me realy if you sticked in a match this long why leave at the very end, even if your not on the winning team at least you still get some points out of it. I def not mention the long time it takes to level up and with so less ppl playing this my geuss is boosting the MP part is the only way sadly if your keen on getting it all.

I am loving this game!!! This has been on my radar for a while. finally picked it up the other day. Gamestop said that not too many copies are around. The SP is awesome. Kinda like mass effect, i robot, gears, and tranformers all had a baby together. My only bitch so far is they need to have some checkpoints in the boss battles. Wanted to throw my controller on the big ass monkey battle!! I am trying to get by the racer now on surviror. MP is going to a total boooost grind but doable. Supriesed not to many people are playing this.

My geuss is that its facing the same fate as Vanquished back then also from SEGA, they just not advertising enough let alone doing commercials for their games, so as been shown with these otherwise great games, Binary Domain had the cruel fate just to be released a week or so before the big hit MASS EFFECT 3 and gamers rather waiting for that instead giving Binary Domain a go. It might also have something to do that most gamers not expect much from SEGA anymore and thus rather skipp games like this then rather just give it a try.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I though that the QTE event's were great. I wished that they were more harder all you had to do was press B it was to easy. this game has everything unlike so many other games out there. Overall I would give it a 10 out 10 for the single player so great and such a fun ride all the way to the end.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Tsar Runner on Survivor. Fuck that bastard to hell. Considering him, not sure I'm even gonna try No Mercy. The game so far has been so easy that I can run up and melee most enemies, then that transformer-wannabe comes along.

The Tsar Runner on Survivor. Fuck that bastard to hell. Considering him, not sure I'm even gonna try No Mercy. The game so far has been so easy that I can run up and melee most enemies, then that transformer-wannabe comes along.

Really, I found that easy, took a while though, playing it the second time on Survivor so I knew what to do I guess, but really not looking forward to the final boss, I struggled on Rustem Up (well it was more my allies dying).

Ok I just did the final boss on Survivor first attempt - strange but glad.

Edited by cjdavies

• 1 month later...