Gun Bros Glitches

XBOX ISAAC82

Also, if anyone has been grinding it out on Bokor, you will definitely notice that the game just randomly resets the thumbsticks whenever it feels like it. This makes boosting kills/XP/money a chore, because with the Corona Ejector, you do not necessarily know when it isnt tracking your shots (cause the round per minute is so low) and you get mobbed by Zombies and die before you even look away from your TV and back to you phone. Can anyone else confirm this or offer a method to better boost? Thumb placement or a technique or such?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New annoyance for me. No matter how many times I pick a particular Bro to play with, it just cycles through all of the bros by level to the lowest before being able to repick the one I originally chose.

If it's the same problem I had you can turn this off in the options

Today I also lost all my inventory L All what I left are 2 weapons and 3 pieces of armor (all what I was wearing). Good thing I haw done all achievements where I need to spend money but from other side now I must pay for weapons /armor /powerup’s which I haw bought already :rant:

Today I also lost all my inventory L All what I left are 2 weapons and 3 pieces of armor (all what I was wearing). Good thing I haw done all achievements where I need to spend money but from other side now I must pay for weapons /armor /powerup’s which I haw bought already :rant:

As long as you always keep the Corona Ejector equipped, even if your inventory is wiped, you can earn over 100,000 coins in just 30 minutes grinding on Bokor. Hope you did that! :p

So today I tried to load the game up and it kicks me right back to my games collecion menu...

I'm not going to delete the game so I guess I'll just wait for a title update or something...

:mad:

Edit: And this below didn't work for me. :/

"Game permanently stuck on loading screen

After about a day of playing the game I could not get the game to start up at all. After trying a phone restart (including removing battery) still had no luck. Finally got the game to start up by putting the phone in flight mode so it could not connect to the servers. Just played a few waves and then purposely died, converted my crystals and then quit the game once I was back in the main menu. I then disabled flight mode and restarted the game from the Xbox Live tile and it loaded fine. "

Edit again: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Messing with the phone settings messed with Contract Killer... Now that game won't load now. I do not suggest doing this... This sucks because I really enjoyed both of these games now I can't play either of them...

Edited by yamayamayaamaa

I've had the game freezing constantly, been unable to fire or move a few times and all green bucks disappear. TWICE! The bro I select is never the one with me in the game, it's always the one with the lowest rank (annoying, since my highest ranked friends all have the same best weapons!), or even worse, it's just the CPU controlling my bro with the base weapons. Ohhh it sucks so much!

Has anyone been able to figure out why some people (like me) cannot (ab)use their friends as bros? As with some others, I have several people on the leaderboard, but absolutely zip-zero-nothing in my brotherhood. I want to play this game, but I really don't want to start it with the chances of having one rather easy achievement unobtainable.

I was stuck in the loading screen, then I switch the phone to Flight mode, loading the game only took 2 second, then...my progress has gone, the screen showed up asking me to pick a bro, it's just like i'm playing the game the first time.

I spent MS points to purchase and upgrade some of the weapons, now all of them are gone?

Then I turn off the Flight mode, the stuck shows again...:(

I'm starting to think that Glu games are made in an "infinite monkeys" scenario where instead of typewriters the monkeys are sat in front of computers and they randomly type code until some semblance of a game is made. It would explain a lot.

Two important things to note:

Glu Mobile actually contracted Bug Village, Gun Bros, and Contract Killer out to a different developer. The WP7 ports don't really reflect Glu themselves.

More importantly, the certification teams at Microsoft should have caught all of these major problems before the games were released. Developers count on MS to do the bug testing. If MS passes a super buggy game, it's not truly the dev's fault as the dev didn't know about those bugs.

Not saying the developer shouldn't be held accountable to some extent, but what's important is how they react once the game is out and the bug reports (which should've been caught long ago) start rolling in.

Glu Mobile actually contracted Bug Village, Gun Bros, and Contract Killer out to a different developer. The WP7 ports don't really reflect Glu themselves.

More importantly, the certification teams at Microsoft should have caught all of these major problems before the games were released. Developers count on MS to do the bug testing. If MS passes a super buggy game, it's not truly the dev's fault as the dev didn't know about those bugs.

Not saying the developer shouldn't be held accountable to some extent, but what's important is how they react once the game is out and the bug reports (which should've been caught long ago) start rolling in.

I have seen Bug Village on my wife's iPhone, and it is graphically and functionally superior to the WP version. Are the iPhone versions also riddled with game-breaking glitches as well?

I have seen Bug Village on my wife's iPhone, and it is graphically and functionally superior to the WP version. Are the iPhone versions also riddled with game-breaking glitches as well?

I can't say, but the iPhone versions were actually made by Glu as opposed to a third party. Also I believe developers are responsible for their own bug testing on iOS, so it's a different certification situation as well.

I'm just speaking from my familiarity with their products, which is just those three games on the WP7. If it's true that they outsourced the ports of those three to an outside developer then they should seriously consider another option. I would also agree that a share of the blame lies with the certification process if those games are able to pass in that state. If anything their poor handling is going to create a negative stigma in peoples' minds about Glu, free to play games, and the WP7 marketplace, as was the case with me and Glu.

I have two achievements in the game that are not showing on my profile. Anyone else experience this? Not sure how to get them to pop onto my gamertag.

Yes it is an ongoing issue with all WP7 games. It is best to hold off playing all games, unless of course you dont mind playing games over again to re-earn the achievements. See THIS thread.

Game just won't start. No matter if I put my phone in flight mode, have it connected or whatever it's permanently stuck on the first screen and nothing will work. Worked perfectly well first week and I got the bro - op achievements no problem.

Phone model is HTC HD7