any news on a patch??

i fist brown i

the mole brick doesn't register, i still can get that one but when it comes up on the counter as 16/16 bricks it saves then when i check it it goes back to 15/16.

so it doesn't work, believe me i have tried everything, im just going to have to replay the lot again someday.

damn this sucks. i was hoping for a nice 1000 but guess not. maybe if we all band together and get on the top of the developers to fix it then maybe they will change and actually patch the game

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn this sucks. i was hoping for a nice 1000 but guess not. maybe if we all band together and get on the top of the developers to fix it then maybe they will change and actually patch the game

i sent them an email, not got a reply yet though, that's if i get one.

here's a link if anyone else wants to send them an email, maybe if a few people send a nice email they may do a patch.

if anyone plans to send them an email send a nice one don't send an abusive one or they will just ignore it.

cheers.

i sent them an email, not got a reply yet though, that's if i get one.

here's a link if anyone else wants to send them an email, maybe if a few people send a nice email they may do a patch.

if anyone plans to send them an email send a nice one don't send an abusive one or they will just ignore it.

cheers.

They haven't responded to requests for patches for ...

LEGO Star Wars II

LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga

LEGO Star Wars III

LEGO Indiana Jones

LEGO Indiana Jones 2

LEGO Batman

LEGO Batman 2

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7

ALL of which have had glitches. TT have received emails about every single one of those games and not one has been fixed. Many have identical glitches. They don't even fix the things between games, never mind release patches. Their only patches ever have been to add online coop, NEVER to fix something

If you want 1000/1000 you are going to HAVE to restart I'm afraid, just as I did when mine glitched at 70-odd % There was no point carrying on as I knew it would NEVER be fixed

They haven't responded to requests for patches for ...

LEGO Star Wars II

LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga

LEGO Star Wars III

LEGO Indiana Jones

LEGO Indiana Jones 2

LEGO Batman

LEGO Batman 2

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4

LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7

ALL of which have had glitches. TT have received emails about every single one of those games and not one has been fixed. Many have identical glitches. They don't even fix the things between games, never mind release patches. Their only patches ever have been to add online coop, NEVER to fix something

If you want 1000/1000 you are going to HAVE to restart I'm afraid, just as I did when mine glitched at 70-odd % There was no point carrying on as I knew it would NEVER be fixed

i have just started a 2nd run, i enjoy the game the problem is all the travelling you have to do, you would think they would provide animals or abilities to call animals, especially someone like gandalf.

I'm not sure if this helps....or there is a limit on how many times you can do this.

But I noticed there is (certainly in my game) that I can keep going back and getting Mithril blocks. I'm not at my machine right now, but I can describe it.

There is a clearing with one of those hit 10 moles in 30 seconds things. Every time I fast travel back to that area I am able to repeat that same task and get a mithril brick.

There is a fetch quest just behind it which if I remember was for the green snake toy (that might be completely wrong) But yeah, I've had about 4 bricks out of that one just alone. So maybe if you are missing one to forge the last item it may be worth looking into it. I'll have a quick look on the net now to see if I can find the correct location in a guide.

I think....it might be this one at 2:37 in Amon hen

"Mithril Brick #35 – In Amon Hen, just north of the area in 33 is another ring of mole holes. As Sam again, hit the one you can see to begin a countdown of 30 seconds. Hit total moles to get the brick."

Yes, it seems it is that one.

Someone else is also calling glitch in that area but with a different Mithril Brick and confirming it can be picked up again.

"In Amon Hen on the overworld map, I have 7/8 Mithril Bricks collected. There are two bricks close to the elf who wants the toy snake - one is a "kill 10 bugs within a set time" and the other is in a cave that has to be blasted through and then hit with Gimli's axe."

well since i got a lot of time since any other game i want is coming out i might as well start a 2nd play as well. anybody have any hints or tips on how to prevent this from happening again?

i think its caused by saving and then quitting out of the game, but then coming back and continuing the level at a later time. I only did this on ONE level, and it happened to be the level that glitched, so whenever i play through again, ill try to muscle through it all in one day/sitting. doubt it will happen, but i am definitely not going to use mid level saves.

i think its caused by saving and then quitting out of the game, but then coming back and continuing the level at a later time. I only did this on ONE level, and it happened to be the level that glitched, so whenever i play through again, ill try to muscle through it all in one day/sitting. doubt it will happen, but i am definitely not going to use mid level saves.

i played through the entire level of track the hobbits on free play without quitting out and the glitch still happened, the 3 items reset at the end of the level.

well when you guys go through your 2nd run let me know if it happens again and if it doesn't what you did to prevent it. and apparently according to a couple of random guys on other forums travellers tales knows about the glitches and have planned a patch and on the patch they will fix the glitches. i didnt see anything announced anywhere online but they might have contacted them and got an answer but they have no proof of them saying it as of now. so if its true that would be great im not getting my hopes up though

Edited by Links249

I didnt save mid level at all and mine glitched, just standard Travellers Tales practice...you get used to it.

As for tips...this is how I approached my 2nd play through...and it was successful

Step 1

On your new play through, try to get through each level without collecting any kits, treasures or blacksmith designs (you will be forced to collect a couple of treasures but thats all). Don't collect any mithril bricks along the way, just beat the game.

Step 2

Go back through each level concentrating on collecting things. Every time you collect simething, watch to make sure that the counter at the bottom increases by one. If not, immediately hit the guide button, then hit Y to go to the dashboard. Reload and replay that level. You might want to focus on the levels containing blacksmith designs for stud multiplier red bricks first to make TrueAdventurer easier. Make sure at the end of each level you receive the correct number of mithril bricks (one for all kits, one for all treasure, one for BS design, one for TrueAdventurer)

Step 3

Go through each map area in turn fulfilling all quest, collecting characters and getting mithril bricks. Make sure you get a brick for each one (except red brick quests). Clear up each area in turn before moving on to be sure you havent missed any. If you collect a brick that doesnt register for that area check the local areas on the map by hovering over a map stone (if you are doing one area at a time it should be obvious which area the brick actually came from as it will be the only thing unlocked there) Dont get worried if you cant find the last red brick in Bree as it actually North-East of Weathertop but counts for Bree

Step 4

Go back and craft any mithril items you have left to craft.

Step 5

Play the bonus level. Some say you can just exit after getting 1 stud but with the glitchiness of this game I wouldn't risk it. Choose berserker and just launch explosives at everything in sight. There are well over 1,000,000 studs available so it should take less than 10 mins.

Some people say you need to use a code to unlock Lurtz (newborn) to get the 100% but he just automatically unlocked for me after I beat the bonus level. I dont think it was the bonus level that gave me him (in my first play through i did the bonus level before the end and didnt get him) but as the bonus level was the last thing i did this time i think that was why he unlocked.

Hey anyone know how to get the brick thats right in the middle of amon hen? Trail leads up there near where the brick with the wack a mole keeps spawning.

Also ever since I started collecting bricks in that area the brick count to 250 is stuck at 202. Every time I get a brick it doesn't go up.

EDIT: Never mind. I found out that it leads to the wrong spot. You have to go through the cave by the water by fishing out a crank. Also on gameFAQs it says if the count gets stuck at any number its only visual. You will still get the achievement.

Edited by SpongebobRoundpants

Patch? In a Lego game? Ha!

They only "patched" Lego Harry 1-4 and Indy 2 to add online co-op to them. They didn't do anything with the games themselves. They never do.

in all fairness, they patched Lego Batman 2 to fix some of the glitches. It took them til october, but they still patched it.

like 5 months late, lol.

I didnt save mid level at all and mine glitched, just standard Travellers Tales practice...you get used to it.

As for tips...this is how I approached my 2nd play through...and it was successful

Step 1

On your new play through, try to get through each level without collecting any kits, treasures or blacksmith designs (you will be forced to collect a couple of treasures but thats all). Don't collect any mithril bricks along the way, just beat the game.

Step 2

Go back through each level concentrating on collecting things. Every time you collect simething, watch to make sure that the counter at the bottom increases by one. If not, immediately hit the guide button, then hit Y to go to the dashboard. Reload and replay that level. You might want to focus on the levels containing blacksmith designs for stud multiplier red bricks first to make TrueAdventurer easier. Make sure at the end of each level you receive the correct number of mithril bricks (one for all kits, one for all treasure, one for BS design, one for TrueAdventurer)

Step 3

Go through each map area in turn fulfilling all quest, collecting characters and getting mithril bricks. Make sure you get a brick for each one (except red brick quests). Clear up each area in turn before moving on to be sure you havent missed any. If you collect a brick that doesnt register for that area check the local areas on the map by hovering over a map stone (if you are doing one area at a time it should be obvious which area the brick actually came from as it will be the only thing unlocked there) Dont get worried if you cant find the last red brick in Bree as it actually North-East of Weathertop but counts for Bree

Step 4

Go back and craft any mithril items you have left to craft.

Step 5

Play the bonus level. Some say you can just exit after getting 1 stud but with the glitchiness of this game I wouldn't risk it. Choose berserker and just launch explosives at everything in sight. There are well over 1,000,000 studs available so it should take less than 10 mins.

Some people say you need to use a code to unlock Lurtz (newborn) to get the 100% but he just automatically unlocked for me after I beat the bonus level. I dont think it was the bonus level that gave me him (in my first play through i did the bonus level before the end and didnt get him) but as the bonus level was the last thing i did this time i think that was why he unlocked.

alright thanks i'll try running through it again in a couple days hopefully it works for me

in all fairness, they patched Lego Batman 2 to fix some of the glitches. It took them til october, but they still patched it.

like 5 months late, lol.

Fair enough. I completed the game way before that, so there was never an update when I played it. Nor did I ever come across any glitches.

The only glitch I have had happen to me was in Indy 2 during The Last Crusade on the "Cannon Canyon" level when you are being chased by the tank. The game froze on me twice while doing that level.

I have completed every Lego game except the two Harry Potters (and LotR) and that's the only glitch I have come across. Guess I'm lucky. My bro-in-law had the "crossing-the-river" glitch on Endor in Return of the Jedi in SW Complete happen to him countless times. Took him hours just to finish that level.

Thanks for proving me wrong.

well so far I seem to have a glitch getting the map stone achievements. I count all 16 on my map and have traveled to & from each one AND done it both day & night, but the achievement still doesn't pop. I'm going to have to count to check, but I'm sure that I'm also getting screwed on the fishing achievement.

well so far I seem to have a glitch getting the map stone achievements. I count all 16 on my map and have traveled to & from each one AND done it both day & night, but the achievement still doesn't pop. I'm going to have to count to check, but I'm sure that I'm also getting screwed on the fishing achievement.
You know not only do you have to travel to them but you have to go up to them and click B.

havent went back and completed this yet because of the recent release of Far Cry 3. But im half tempted to trade it in since Gamestop is doing a $30 trade in for it (til December 16th) but i know how its subject to change, so i feel kinda rushed to beat Lego, but i dont can't pull myself away from Far Cry.

• 1 month later...

I've had recent email conversations with Sam @ Travellers Tales and yes there is a solution.

They released a patch just after Christmas to fix this.

The only problem is that if you loaded the patch just as you began playing the game, then it doesn't seem to work.

BUT THERE IS A FIX

1. Delete the patch (Cache from your Xbox)

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

2. Load Lego LOTR and play the level (without loading the update) and it should be fixed.

(in fact it came up as fixed once I started the game, not even accessing the level)

Note: If you have your game saved to cloud, then you'll have to copy it across to your hard drive or USB as it will want to load the update before letting you load your cloud game (accessing Xbox Live)

3. Reload the patch.

Enjoy

I've had recent email conversations with Sam @ Travellers Tales and yes there is a solution.

They released a patch just after Christmas to fix this.

The only problem is that if you loaded the patch just as you began playing the game, then it doesn't seem to work.

BUT THERE IS A FIX

1. Delete the patch (Cache from your Xbox)

http://support.xbox.com/en-AU/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

2. Load Lego LOTR and play the level (without loading the update) and it should be fixed.

(in fact it came up as fixed once I started the game, not even accessing the level)

Note: If you have your game saved to cloud, then you'll have to copy it across to your hard drive or USB as it will want to load the update before letting you load your cloud game (accessing Xbox Live)

3. Reload the patch.

Enjoy

Just to clarify cus part of this post confuses me. I started playing this today and was prompted to download a patch which I did. Does that mean I'm immune to the glitch now or still at risk of it happening? Just the

"The only problem is that if you loaded the patch just as you began playing the game, then it doesn't seem to work."
part of your post confuses me is all. :/