Head Chomp Achievement Help Here

I just did the Head Chomp Achievement and there are three ways you can do it. In order to explain them I added 3 videos of each method I used video 1, which seem the easiest. Hopefully this will help

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ3twE_ZyYE&feature=related]Video 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhxy16luxas&feature=related]Video 2[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96pVx4W0As0&feature=related]Video 3[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've tried the second video a lot and haven't made more than about 20. Think I'll give methods 1 and 3 a go today. I'm in the same boat as Hells Zargon, this is the last achievement I need.

you guys!!! use method 1. it is on level 2-1

stay in that corner, and when they get ALMOST level with you, bite and they will get scared. move over their head and press A ONLY when you are in a confident position in the air. this will automatically make you hit their head. rinse and repeat.

dont bother counting because you might as well make this go as fast and as easy as possible and counting really won't help that much, it will just make you more nervous at the end.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Used method one just now and FINALLY got it after about a few hours practice haha. Was having problems with the Mad Hatter achievement, don't know why. Was still glitched from the patch I guess. But, I got that one and the Head Chomper achievement thanks to the first video here. Thanks, now I can FINALLY put this game to bed haha.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I did it with method 3 because it's the one listed in the achievements guide. At first i thought it was really difficult and couldn't get past 10 chomps. After some practice i noticed a few things:

1) Your position matters... try to be just where the author of the video is standing. The tower needs to be visible so that you have some space to move around.

2) You don't need to scare the bad guys... you just need to make sure you can be over their head after you head chomp the one you're riding.

3) Enemies move at 3 different speeds... so before attempting to head chomp, make sure you calculate exactly how much time you need and where the enemy will stop.

After i noticed [3] it was a piece of cake.

Edited by Mastermnd

Got it on my 2nd real attempt on getting it. I used method 2, it seems to be easiest, in method 1 and 3 you have to be DEAD on the map to get the right area, but method 2 is right at the start, heres some tips to help:

1) Take out the buildings behind the metal sheet. I took it out just incase I touched it and ruined my streak.

2) Do not attack FBI agents who come from behind or from a rope behind you unless they stop, I did it 3 or 4 times and almost failed to grab there head 3 times... its risky

3) As soon as you scare one by pressing X, go above him and press A to keep him there till you land on his head.

Method 2 was easiest for me but we all can't be the same right?

Video one is the best one for me, there is four people to kill and once they are on your side off the screen you can just kill them right after each other, just be patient and be sure that they are standing in the right spot, dont scare them or they will run away and your streak is lost. I just got it, so you guy's should be able to get it too :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

i got this achievement using method 1.

first let me say this to the people who cant seem to get it, it has nothing to do with skill at all. (your only hitting two buttons will moving the joystick slightly.) the people who have this achievement have one thing you don't have and that's patience. i got the achievement after maybe trying for maybe 15 min and the reason i failed everytime for the first 15 min was because i wanted to speed things along and try to jump too far away or at the guys who pop up underneath you. let them come all the way down the hill and when they pop up underneath you let them walk away and then come back. it might take alittle longer but then again maybe not. because if you rush and fail it will take forever.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The lvl 1-3 video looks really useful so I might give this achievement one last try... I made attempts on the Russian levels before but got so frustrated after getting about 45 kills then falling so many times... ARGHH! xD

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I just did this using video one, and I found it to be much easier to do when the enemies are not facing you. When they see you chomp off a guys head they get scared and move in a random direction, but if they are not facing you they usually just stand still. It took me a while to firgure this out, but once I did it only took me like 2 more tries, so I hope this helps

well to ensure that you will jump on the next enemy's head just repeadily tap A untill the alien lunges onto the next enemy's head instead of just pressing A once... Hope that helped.

This really helped me a lot, guarantees the lock-on as long they're in the right spot.

Thanks for the vids, just finished off the achievements using method 1! :) Best advice I can give for others going after it is to only chomp the guys who run down the hill all the way onto the flat ground where you're standing, the ones who run down it and then sit at the bottom of the slope (still slightly elevated) can occasionally be missed and aren't worth the risk. Don't chomp the people who pop up under you on the flat ground either, let them run off and get them when they eventually come back down the hill onto flat ground.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...