Scariest moments

MR MACLAINE

what where your scariest moments in fear 2? although i only played 1/3 of the whole campaign i still had some "memorial moments" yet hehe...

some of these where (watch out for mass spoilers):

in level 2 (or 3?!?) you can crawl through a funnel to get a file that contains some information about alma - when you return and want to step out of the fennel alma comes round the corner and just walkes over - goddamn, the whole time after i got the file i was wating for her and just as i thought "haha noting happens here" she appers. whoa man that frightened me A LOT!!

and at the beginning of the fifth level you have this massive head-ache and there's a room with a med kit down some stairs - when you grab it and tourn around alma just stands a few feet away and just stares a couple of secends - man i sh*t my pants!!!

i also had a real shiver at the beginning when the sound of the music box appeared! the secene doesn't scares me but the sound of the box MAN that was so strange :)

sooo what where your scariest moments?!?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

none were shocking, jumpy or scary:/

But I did like them, I think this game could have been better if it's was like a movie-type of game:/

LOL at the ending:P

The part she runs at you was really really good:) I said to my self "here we go, this is where I battle her", when she starts running towards you.

man either you guys/gals all have iron nerves or I'm just too easy to scare.

I just can't believe the fact that FEAR 2 didn't make people at least jump once or twice.

I'm in level 5 now and there were 2 things until now that really, really made me jump and gave me a good scare.

the first one was in mission 1 or 2, when I just turned around and there was alma staring at me, gave me the creeps.

second one was at the beginning of lvl. 5 (replica) when you get the radio transmission from snake fist that alma is very close to you.

fuck me, right after his message was over, I pick up a med kit, I turn around, and she just stands there and stares at me again.

after nearly wetting myself, I thought "ok, maybe she's gonna disappear again".

of course not, she's right there until you approach her, then you just see her walking away slowly.

I don't feel like a pussy at all for getting scared and being jumpy during this game and I seriously feel bad for anyone that didn't get scared or didn't yell out a quick "WOAH!" a couple of times.

not getting scared is taking away so much of the atmosphere of this game,

I love being on edge while playing it.

second one was at the beginning of lvl. 5 (replica) when you get the radio transmission from snake fist that alma is very close to you.

fuck me, right after his message was over, I pick up a med kit, I turn around, and she just stands there and stares at me again.

after nearly wetting myself, I thought "ok, maybe she's gonna disappear again".

of course not, she's right there until you approach her, then you just see her walking away slowly..

haarr yeah this one i mean - excatly :)

and yeah myself plays with surround sound - some cool effects coming up with this - but the sound in dead space was a lot better - you'd feel more "hounted".

just at the moment i'm in the school - until the first remnant nothing really scarry appeared - but when im honest must say that i had a very strange feeling walking through that emptied building...

The elementary school level was the worst. When I say worse, I mean scariest. I mean jesus, I always thought schools were scary at night but damn this level just confirms it. The first time you see the specimens running on the wall it's creepy. And the Specimen chambers where they keep busting out of the chambers and it plays that brief but creepy noise. Also, the bathrooms in the hospital..open all of them. Scary ass shit!!!!!!

I thought the bit where she telekineticly lifts all the boxes then runs at you was sick. That was crazy spooky. Also in the school. When all the locker doors slam towards you. WOOAAAA pooped me pants.

The bit I found really upsetting though was when harlem told the soldiers to move alma and she was really upset at the tree location. That was nasty no wonder she killed those fuckers.

I jumped on the first and last missions.

The first was after the Pool scene whenever you grab the Armor, you turn around and she greets you warmly.

Last Mission because I was grabbing a piece of Intel only to turn around and one of the Invisible Hunter's comes up and swipes me in the face.

Twas dirty.

The school was very creepy but the part that reall really got me (none of you have mentioned it so I think you might have missed it) in the last chapter after you get off the tram and make your way in to the courtyard with the tree in it. Alma is whispering and when your about in the middle by the tree if you turn around to face the way you came in Alma is behind you creeping towards you. Freaked me the frak out.

This game was a large dissapointment for me. The only time that really scared me was once in the school when u walk into a classroom, and u get teleported to that weird alternate dimension with the tree and alma grabs u... thats it. the only other part i thought was weird was the part in the demo at the school when the lockers fly open and you have to walk down the hallway with the lights flickering and the ghosts running at you. every time the lights flickered it seemed like alma was getting closer to you... i also noticed that alma has like 2 forms. one form is when she is like anorexic and another is when she is just normal. that kinda ruined the scaryness because when she was normal i was just like wow there is a naked woman grabbing me how scary... it kinda turned me on. it also turns me on how alma rapes you at the end and you hear her moaning....

Okay you said you werent scared, but then jumped at a few scenes. Which means you got scared.

Yes but there’s a big difference between getting cheap scares by making someone jump and really scaring them. I've now finished the game and it didn't do it for me. Dead Space for example really had my scared all the way through, this just felt like a normal FPS.

Yes but there’s a big difference between getting cheap scares by making someone jump and really scaring them. I've now finished the game and it didn't do it for me. Dead Space for example really had my scared all the way through, this just felt like a normal FPS.

You kidding me.....Dead Space was absolutely not scary. Cool game, but not scary at all. Nothing haunting about it. Its just aliens!!! Cool game, but far from scary