Love/Hate this game

fredsanford

I love this game. The colors, mechanics, sounds, etc. I hate that I have to collect a certain number to move on. I never liked collecting in games. I also play next to my sons room so I have to keep the volume very low, so I can't really hear the little guys screaming/crying.. I just wanted a fun play through platformer.. not an easter egg hunt :(

I sort of agree, as I have rented the game and have a limited time- I really love it, but I fear I won't finish.

But- I think I actually prefer it this way. The game reminds me sooo much of classic 16-bit platformers. It really has a Donkey Kong Country feel to it. I absolutely love this game. The secret-area-completionist stuff in those games is duplicated perfectly in Origins.

But- I think I actually prefer it this way. The game reminds me sooo much of classic 16-bit platformers. It really has a Donkey Kong Country feel to it. I absolutely love this game. The secret-area-completionist stuff in those games is duplicated perfectly in Origins.

Agreed. I like that this game doesn't hold your hand as much as most modern games do. Reminds me of how hard a lot of games were during my childhood.

• 3 weeks later...

loving it so far, very nice looking, feels great to play, none of the annoying jump through hoops crap that all other modern platformers seem to do these days, great achievemnts and collectibles. the only reason someone could not appreciate this game for what it is may have something to do with the fact that it is actually quite challenging, especially the speed runs.

• 2 weeks later...

This was my favorite game of 2011, no exaggeration. Everything about it (The visual designs, control and level layouts, scoring and reward system) just appeals to me. It's a shame that we'll probably never see another Rayman game after this flopped in terms of sales, but what a way to go out.

I´m loving it too. The game plays smooth and that´s something I love, specially because when you die you know it´s your fault, so it push you to try again and again till you get better, it´s the same gameplay I loved about Super Meat Boy and Splosion Man, and visually this game is more powerful (also on the sound department, that soundtrack is just awesome).

I wish the game was longer though, I´m still some speed trophies and the Living Dead Tour thing away from 100%, but if I had just go for finishing main story that would have been a problem, you can easily finish in one day, not a good thing for a retail game- And, if anything else to complain, the story is just inexistent, which may work in a 80´s retro-fan way but sill fells cheap when you end (I repeat, I haven´t go to the living dead part, so maybe I´m losing still the real ending or something like that).

Except for those two things, the game is just awesome, I was expecting a good game, I get an even better one. To me this is one of the best of 2011 just for that, one of the few games that actually gave me more fun than I expected from the initial trailer. Something the rest of the games of this past year hadn´t even get close to do.

Loved the game. The collecting side of it wasn't too bad as you diddnt really ahve to go searching.

Most annoying thing about the game is the music. When doing time trials and you keep failing, the song for the level just restarts and they are only like 4 second long songs that just repeat constantly. They also diddnt include any audio options in the game which was rather disappointing

I love this game. The colors, mechanics, sounds, etc. I hate that I have to collect a certain number to move on. I never liked collecting in games. I also play next to my sons room so I have to keep the volume very low, so I can't really hear the little guys screaming/crying.. I just wanted a fun play through platformer.. not an easter egg hunt :(

Get a headset, even the cheapest Turtle Beach set works good. You can mute the TV and control the volume on your headset. I think the cheapest Turtle Beaches are like 30 bucks at Target. Just a suggestion to fix your problem :)

the only reason someone could not appreciate this game for what it is may have something to do with the fact that it is actually quite challenging, especially the speed runs.

Tell me about it ha. Great feeling of achievement when you finally hit the time though! Some really hard ones but i love hunting for achievements like this, makes them worth while.

Tell me about it ha. Great feeling of achievement when you finally hit the time though! Some really hard ones but i love hunting for achievements like this, makes them worth while.

This really reminds me of the old rayman games. Frustrating yet fun. Totally love this game. I like the fact that you can't get these achievements through a guide but only with skill

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving the game. The achievements are brilliant and playing a nice old school side scrolling Rayman game is wonderful.

The only thing that bugs me is that only player one can receive the achievements, it's much more fun to play multi-player but that's pretty difficult when there are two achievement hunters in the house.

Also, while I was playing with my eight year old nephew, we had just unlocked the first Nymph when he turned to me and said 'O.O Aunty.... she's half naked!'. Which is right, these Nymphs need some more self respect!

8/10 mostly for nostalgia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Until I transfer the licenses onto our new Xbox 360, my wife can only play Rayman Origins on my profile. So we're tag-teaming the achievements. I get the time trials and skull teeth, and she gets everything else. And we're having a blast. the music is fun, the characters are adorable, and the game just looks terrific. I will say that it suffers from the trademark Ubisoft floaty controls (right, Assassin's Creed, Beyond Good and Evil, From Dust, etc.?), but it is great fun to play with friends and family. Keeping this one on the harddrive for when the nieces and nephews come over. ;)