Still not played the 2nd, but so hope they get it right again with the 3rd outing.

theNomad

• 4 months later...

I love the second game. It isn't without its faults, but I feel like the characters are stronger, and setting it in one city over the course of a decade had me hooked. Plus, having the protagonist voiced really helped make it feel more cinematic. Probably the best aspect of the game, putting more personality into the playable character.

It of course wasn't without its faults. I wish they allowed more customization of your allies, and many of the plot threads made choices pretty irrelevant to the outcome. I felt DAII was two steps forward, one step back.

I'd like to see a voiced protagonist in DAIII and some more RPG elements infused back into it.

If we could get Tal-Vashoth Saarebas in our party in the next game, I'd be pretty happy. Or a "reformed" Desire Demon perhaps? Both of those character types have such amazing character designs, and both could make for interesting character arcs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should definitely play the main story of DA2, very interesting way everything unfolds lol. The DLCs are worth it too; you'll receive some good armor sets and buffs from all 3. Achievements are about on the same level of difficult as the first game's.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I agree with you! I actually loved a lot of things better in DragonAge 2. I understand the complaints people had and sometimes walking into the same cave that was supposed to be 10 locations felt a bit lazy but I really enjoyed the characters and storyline and so much else more than DA1.

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the first DA which is why the second was such a let down from my POV.

That said, when I went back to DA2 a year or so later, it is actually a pretty enjoyable game albeit with waaaaay too many re-used locations.

OT I have already pre-ordered DA3 in the hope Bioware have indeed listened and produce something suitable epic!

Do we know if Flemeth makes a return?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing the second because I finally wanted to finish it before this comes out.

There are a lot of flaws with game (repeat environments, combat is repetitive, choices don't matter, ect.) It seems more targeted at action gamers or people new to RPG games.

It just doesn't hold a candle to the first in my opinion. I think since DA:O sold so well, EA rushed Bioware to put out a sequel.

Either way I hope the backlash they received from DA2 makes DA:I a better game.

• 2 weeks later...