Quest - A Cure for Vampires

Sci0n

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I got sick of it and just said F it, and went back 10 hours in saves, it sucked for sure.

Am thinking of doing that but I know I won't bother playing it if I do that or trading it in :s

I tells yah, becoming a vampire is a pain in the arse. I didn't notice and somehow I reached the final stage of vampirism. I stepped outside and damn near burst into flames!

thanks for the guide, real helpful

Yeah happened to me.

Anyway I haven't played for awhile and this is why :p

Anyway I was going to play it today and remembered I can't talk to the guy in the Mage Guild, He just tells me to piss off because either A) I shouldn't be in there or B) I am a Vampire :s

Any suggestions or how to stop this? :S

Anyway I haven't played for awhile and this is why :p

Anyway I was going to play it today and remembered I can't talk to the guy in the Mage Guild, He just tells me to piss off because either A) I shouldn't be in there or B) I am a Vampire :s

Any suggestions or how to stop this? :S

You probably need to feed, then talk to him. You basically want to be able to walk in the daylight if you are going to talk to anyone so that you don't appear so undead.

• 2 weeks later...

Finding the gems is definitely the hardest part of getting cured. But if you're a member of the mages guild then you can open a bunch of display cases with some in them. There's also a guy in Chorral that can sell you some.

I realize this is an older post but it is still relevant to me. I have currently played my entire Oblivion career as a vampire (the first inn I went to level up to level 2 is when I got bit. Go figure lol.) I am currently working on the mage's guild quest line from the main leader and am wondering stealing these gems from the display cases will most likely get me kicked out. Are they any others (other than the Witch's house one) or will I most likely will have to steal them after I finish the quest line?

PS: I might have accidentally filled the first one a long time ago too :(

Can I use a simple spell to stop it getting worse if I do contract it though?

You have 24 hours after you get the message that pops up saying "You have contracted polyporphoric (geeze, I hope I speeled that right...) homophilia" to use a cure disease spell. If you use a cure disease spell before the 24 hours are up, you will not become a vampire. You could also go to the local temple for healing too, but that may take too long, and you may become a vampire. :)

good luck.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

theres also a piece of nightshade sitting on the desk of t hat wizard in his tower from the theives guild quest to get the arrowhead key i forget his name but up toward the outside part his ruined tower he has a small alchemy lab and there the nightshade sits

• 1 month later...

I have done the quest and now i talked to Hai-Liurz and she says wait here I'll get the count. So I wait for about a week and nothing. I follow the marker, she's just standing next to the bed in the 'forgotten' place. I speak to her, same result. I find the count, he just says 'go'. I check my journal 'I need to give the count time to mourn and then I should speak to Hai-Liurz'!!! It doesn't work, I think it's glitched. If anyone knows how to fix this please help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Im stuck on getting the gems, i cannot pick a lock to save my life. I have the 3 that you can buy in the above guide above and i have yet to snatch the one in the witch's basement. Anywere else i can buy one?

Try to obtain the Skeleton Key, an unbreakable, stat boosting lockpick, from the Umbranox Daedric quest. You will thank yourself for doing this one. Also you can get lock opening spells with enough Alteration skill, another life saver .

thanks this will help alot vampirism sucks

Were you trying to make a pun there or did it just happen?:D Vampirism has its advantages if you spend most of your time in dungeons and has its laughs when you're on the hunt for a meal. You find things out about the NPCs that you otherwise would miss if you weren't raiding their houses.

Not sure if any of you realize it, but Vampirism is one of the best things that can happen to your character in the game. You just have to be skilled enough to pick locks on houses in order to feed to keep your quests going. But when you don't have any quests, Vampirism is amazing. Dungeon diving becomes much easier, and you don't have to worry about getting any further diseases.

But if you really think vampirism sucks, you could have solved your problem if you had just paid attention to your active effects after you get done cleaning out a Vampire lair.:eek:

If anyone is having a hard time getting Grand Sould Gems.....

If your in the thieves guild, wait for the quest "Turning a Blind Eye"

In the caverns there are at least 6 grand soul gems......I forget if they have to be filled or not, I dont think any of the 6 I picked up were.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well i think Bethesda screwed the game up it means i cant go out in the day light and have 2 do a stupidly long quest just to get it cured i would of liked the advise when i caught the desise :p but i spose they have ruined it for me i think finding the grand soul gems is enough but having to do the rest is silly it should be alot easyer than this.

Here's my super quick guide to losing Vampirism:

You easily find 5 Grand Soul Gems at each of the Mages' Guilds. For example, there's one in Anvil, Bruma, Cherodyl, (lmao edit: I meant Cheydinhal) Chorrol, Bravil, etc... Either buy them fairly from the person who sells them, or pickpocket them but make sure you still have it when you walk out. I had some weird bug happen to me that caused me to not have it once I left the place.

So that will take you about 20 minutes if you find each guild house and the person to barter it from.

Then you collect the ingredients. The 2 bloodgrass you should already have; just find an entrance to Oblivion. You don't even have to go in, there's usually a couple shoots of bloodgrass sticking out just around the portal.

The nightshade took me about 20 minutes to find... Just run through the area between Skingrad and Bravil and you will eventually find some of them spread far apart. They look like a weeble wobble with purple leaves. Very droopy plant. You need 5 of those.

The 6 garlics are very easy, just go to Weynon Priory. In Jaffre's area, there are 2 baskets that each hold 3 garlics. In fact, one of them is on his desk. The other is on the shelf near the entrance to his area.

Stab an Argonian with your Enchanted Blade... but not Amusei. I made that mistake and had to pay a fine to the Thieves Guild. :-)

Follow the quest marker to find the vampire to get his dust. It's a pretty straight-forward dungeon run and the dude at the end fist-fights you and goes down pretty quick. Not a big deal.

All in all I would say you will probably spend a few hours trying to get this cure, and then you have to go give it to that dude in Skingrad for his dead wife. Ahhh! But don't worry, you still have it in your inventory once you give it away, or at least I hope you do -- I did. ;) And you get 2500 gold for completing the quest.

BY THE WAY, If you can't go out during the day because it hurts, you need to FEED -- Feeding on sleeping bums or whatever will keep the sun from hurting you during the day, but you have to make sure you feed every night. It also makes you look more human when you feed, and people will talk to you. If you don't feed, you'll look like a monster and people will yell at you. :-)

Edited by Oinkness

• 1 month later...
I think I'm screwed... I turned into a vampire and in the process of this quest.. I guess i turned completely.. because I can't talk to vendors anymore and can't buy the garlic -_-

Am I actually screwed? Or anyone know where i can steal some garlic?

the baugues(sp) manor in anvil has about 234234 in the basement throughout barrels. also the inns in random location seem to have them.