The Ballad of Gay Tony Gold Star Achievement Guide

blee717

This may have been done before but I haven't noticed one so I've decided to make my own. This is to help everyone get the "Gold Star" achievement. One thing you should know is you don't have to get "checks" in all categories at once so you can replay and get one check at a time. For accuracy and headshots, I recommend using a pistol most preferably the Glock 17 (pistol with 17 rounds). Player damage is easily achieved by wearing body armor so you have protection for health. Player damage doesn't count for body armor damage.

Tony Prince's Missions Part I

I Luv L.C. - Very simple to do. The damage and the time can be achieved in one go. Just make sure not to hit anything while driving at full speed. If you are bad at driving, just go for the "0% Car Damage" first then try to go as fast as you can for the time.

Practice Swing - As different gamers of different skills, you may have trouble with 1 or more categories. For the time, you will only have trouble after driving the golf cart. Try not to crash into anything while following Rocco and after the cutscene, just hold down RT and drive. Don't leave the golf cart for any other vehicle even if it's a sports car as you will waste time. The "100% Golf Accuracy" is difficult at first but you will get it.

Chinese Takeout - Don't try to get "100% Headshots" and the time in one go if you're a slow shooter like me. It's very simple, just use your pistol to shoot all the enemies in the head. The way I shoot is to NEVER take cover but "Corner Shoot." Keep moving until you see the enemy and whip your RS left and right until you lock on and aim up a bit to hit his head. When going for the time, I used the Explosive AA-12 but that's me. Just kill everyone as possible and move forward as fast as possible. As soon as you get out of the building, wait for Tony to get in the car and do a reversing 180 and drive.

Bang Bang - The time for this mission SHOULD be attempted when you've unlocked Yusuf's chopper. Drive to the crane as fast as possible, throw 3 bombs on the crane and detonate. After that, put a waypoint on Yusuf's chopper and take it to the tunnel above the train. Try to land as hard and fast as possible, get out, and throw a bomb on the track or the train as long as the blast radius is within the train. Take the chopper to the airport but you must land the chopper on the pink arrow icon for the plane to spawn. As long as you touch the icon with the chopper, immediately take off and land NEXT to the plane not in front (one of my dumb friends have done that). Just like the train, the bomb doesn't have to stick to the plane but the plane must be within the blast radius. Get back in the chopper and fly off away from the cops. After you get out the circle, make sure not to fly too low or a cop may see you and put you back in the circle. For "No Bombs Wasted," only use 3 bombs on the crane, 1 for the train, and 1 for the plane.

Blog This!... - This is probably the hardest mission to achieve the time. When you go into the Booth Tunnel, take the left tunnel (opposing lane) because it has less cars and easier to get "0% Car Damage." When in the tunnel, drive as closely to a wall as possible. Scratching your car doesn't count for car damage. When exiting the tunnel, you will reach a hill and then turn left. Cut through the grass for a shortcut but don't go too far left or you will miss the lane. After Gracie and Tony get out, perform a 180 and go to the cafe and do your thing.

...Blog This! - This mission is very easy. Time is very easy unless you are bad at flying. When prompted, just throw The Celebinator out and push the LS forward to catch him in time and just land on Happiness Island behind you.

Frosting on the Cake - Time will mostly be due to the driving while you throw stick bombs. After the driver gets killed, drive straight as fast as you can. If you can't lose the cops like that, try again otherwise you won't make the time or achieve the "Escape Cops Time." For the "Bomb Accuracy, don't spam bombs. I used around 30 and still got it.

Boulevard Baby - The time isn't a huge problem. For the "Groove On," just dance perfectly which isn't hard at all. For the "Good Guy," just make sure not to shoot any civilians. In rare cases, when you kill the Bahama Mamas owner, his gun will drop to the floor and an "accidental discharge" may occur and hit Monique on the ground and this prevents you from getting "Good Guy." After getting out of the club, just run as fast as you can in one direction until the mission is over.

Mom's Missions

Momma's Boy - Time is absolutely not a problem unless you try to counter everyone. For player damage, try not to get hit more than about 3 times from the 1st guy or if you're at full health, 1 hit from the last 2 fighters. Don't take a dive and defeat the 3rd fighter instead. "Crowd Helped" is easily achieved on the 1st or 2nd guy. Just punch until they get grabbed by the crowd. "Counter Finish" is self-explanatory. Just counter someone before they die. Easily done on the 1st guy.

Corner Kids - Very simple mission. Just take your time for headshots/accuracy. If you didn't make the time, just try again but just kill them as fast as possible.

Clocking Off - Same as the last. Just take time with headshots/accuracy and run through again if you need time.

Mori Kibbutz Missions Part I

Kibbutz Number One - Time is only a problem if you take too long to kill someone. The most difficult is probably "Quickdraw the RPG." After killing about 3 or 4 guys, lock-on to the guy with the RPG on the top left. You'll know you've done this if either he doesn't shoot or he shoots an RPG at himself. "Top Boat Speed and Boat Damage" are not hard and you will get it without even going for it.

Yusuf Amir Missions Part I

Sexy Time - The time on this mission is difficult and must be done through trial and error unless you can actually fly and shoot the Buzzard on a decent level. Drive to the docks and get the boat and drive to the Yacht like you're supposed to. After getting on the Buzzard, destroy the boat (not the yacht) before flying away to get the 4 "Boats Destroyed." You may have to do this gain for time as destroying this boat wastes time. Then fly off towards the pink marker but when you get a call from Yusuf, immediately turn around and destroy the yacht. After that, this may cause you to waste time if flying isn't your thing. Hold down A and X while bobbing the chopper up and down to get random hits and hopefully a rocket will hit and reduce the time for you. After the 3 boats are destroyed, just fly to the pink marker and land.

High Dive - For the headshots/accuracy, use the AA-12 and aim for the head. Unfortunately, it's not possible to destroy the 5 helicopters and have accuracy because accuracy is based on hitting people and is reduced by hitting anything else so you will have to make at least 2 playthroughs. For "Freefall Time," I believe this is similar to the Adrenaline Junkie achievement so pull the cord at the last second

Mori Kibbutz Missions Part II

This Ain't Checkers - Time can be difficult again if you're bad at driving. For "Landed in Boat," try to fall to the left and when you pull the cord, move to the right as landing from the side is difficult because even if you land and fall out of the boat, it wont count. This way you will be entering from the back and the steering wheel will prevent you from falling out. Driving the boat is pretty straightforward. After getting into a car, activate the nitro on straight paths as much as possible. "Always First" is always achieved unless you crash too much and someone passes you. If you someone passes you, it's guaranteed you won't make the time.

No. 3 - The hardest part is to "Follow Close" because of all the random objects on the ground that may cause you to spin out of control. As long as you don't spin out, you will never fall behind. "Car Damage" is connected to "Follow Close." If you don't hit anything, you'll do fine. Make sure during the ramp to slow down when Mori tells you to or you'll overshoot and land in the water.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yusuf Amir Missions Part II

Caught With Your Pants Down - The only hard parts of this mission is "Sharpshooter" and making sure the APC doesn't blow up when crashing into burning vehicles. When shooting the bolts of the APC, I missed 2 shots and still got "Sharpshooter." After getting into the tank, mark a waypoint on the construction area (southern Algonquin). As you drive to the waypoint, make sure to shoot as many cops as possible to reduce your wanted level. Make sure not to crash into burning vehicles as this will cause an instant explosion and inflict serious amount of damage to the APC.

Tony Prince Missions Part II

Not So Fast - The only part worth mentioning is shooting the helicopters with the Buzzard. Time, again, is affected by the way you fly. When shooting a police helicopter, use both miniguns and rockets to take them out. When they get to a certain distance, the helicopters will just hover and turn sideways. Just point your Buzzard at a helicopter and ascend and descend as much as neccessary so your rocket/miniguns will hit

Ladies' Night - "Helicopter Damage" is simple, don't hit stuff. For "Low Fly," I believe you have to fly close enough to the red car until Tony tells you to back off at least once OR you have to not fly too high. For "Close Pursuit," don't lose the car for even a second. You'll know you've lost it when Tony yells asking where is the car. When the car goes into the Booth Tunnel, you can either hold B to follow the car OR if you know where the other end of the Booth Tunnel is, just fly over there and wait.

Ray Bulgarin's Missions

Going Deep - This mission may require a few playthroughs because getting headshots/accuracy reduces time drastically. For "Hidden Bomb," I placed a bomb under the car and 1 in front and got it. For "Sticky Bomb Carnage," I believe you have to use sticky bombs to kill the tailing NOOSE cops after leaving the parking garage. You can destroy countless vehicles in the parking garage so that's not a problem. For the time, after detonating the bomb(s), kill the first wave as quickly as possible hopefully before the 2nd wave arrives. For the next few waves, use an RPG to shoot the NOOSE trucks and FIB (yes it's FIB, not FBI) cars as they enter the garage. When the game prompts you to leave the parking garage and you leave, immediately look left and fire a rocket at the truck. Then turn around and kill the FIB agents with BULLETS. Use the FIB car and drive off. With this, you can drive straight through tolls booths without a wanted level.

Dropping In - Time is a problem if you take to long to shoot. For "Perfect Landing," as you parachute to the top of the building, pull back on the thumbstick as you try landing. For "Ashvilli Plummet," after you kill all his men, he will move to the window and you can just shoot him and he will fall out the window. Make sure not to shoot Ashvilli among his armed men. Ashvilli is not armed and will not shoot you. "Truck Landing" is self-explanatory. Just land on the truck after killing Ashvilli.

In the Crosshairs - This mission is strongly advised to do during the daytime to make it easier to see snipers. For "4 Shots, 4 Snipers," just hit the snipers. 1 bullet is enough to kill them and make sure not to miss. After killing the snipers, a helicopter will appear. Shoot it with a rocket. When trying to get down through the stairs, shoot the enemies near the closest car only. Get in the nearest car and drive off in 1 direction until it's over.

Yusuf Amir Missions Part III

For the Man Who Has Everything - Time is only affected at the driving in the beginning. Drive as fast as possible to the marker. When on the train, use the radar to destroy as many helicopters as possible while moving to the front. For "Duck Chopper," there will be 2 helicopters that appear in front of you and shoot at you. You MUST click on the LS on the 2nd helicopter.

Tony Prince Missions Part III

Ladies Half Price - The only hard thing is "Hanger On Time." All you have to do is reverse when the cutscene is over after rescuing Gracie.

Rocco's Mission

Party's Over - The easiest way to kill all the Russians in Tony's club is to use the M249 (Advanced MG) while aiming for the head. Destroy the enemy vehicles with an RPG. Remember this decreases accuracy so you may have to play this again.

Tony Prince Missions Part IV

Departure Time - Time can be a huge problem if you either suck at shooting or suck at driving. For headshots/accuracy, use a pistol and take your time. For time, I used the AA-12 to kill everyone. When Timur arrives, the game starts with you taking cover and Timur running. To save time, simply get off the cover and run towards Timur and shoot him with whatever weapon you have and turn around and run towards the bike. When parachuting, turn towards land and hold forward on the LS and land on the road. When you land on the road, a car should be around you so take it drive to the marker. At the end of the GPS, get out jump over the wall and run to the marker.

Can someone tell me why Yusuf's chopper isnt there even though i already unlocked it when i do the mission "Bang Bang"?

It may be a bug in the game like how The Lost and Damned was prone to freezing although all of the times I've played, it has only frozen once.

Just a little tip, on High Dive you can blow up the choppers using sticky bombs and it won't count against your accuracy. Just don't use the explosive shotgun. Dunno if rockets are ok. The easiest way to destroy them is to just throw it into the blades of the chopper and you won't even have to detonate it.

Just a little tip, on High Dive you can blow up the choppers using sticky bombs and it won't count against your accuracy. Just don't use the explosive shotgun. Dunno if rockets are ok. The easiest way to destroy them is to just throw it into the blades of the chopper and you won't even have to detonate it.

Hmmm silly me. I never thought of that. Go for it

Great guide. but one qestion. do you have to get all in one try like on the first.

Do The damage on one try then use the phone to do it again. do you then need to get the damage again or is it alredy taken and you dont need to vury about it??????

For the sake of this achievement, you only have to do the objectives once. For example, you achieve the player damage one time, you don't have to do it again

Blog This!... - This is probably the hardest mission to achieve the time. When you go into the Booth Tunnel, take the left tunnel (opposing lane) because it has less cars and easier to get "0% Car Damage." When in the tunnel, drive as closely to a wall as possible. Scratching your car doesn't count for car damage. When exiting the tunnel, you will reach a hill and then turn left. Cut through the grass for a shortcut but don't go too far left or you will miss the lane. After Gracie and Tony get out, perform a 180 and go to the cafe and do your thing.
Found a better way to do this one so I thought I would share. When the mission starts instead of backing up and turning around go straight and make the first right up the one way street and then follow that path into the booth tunnel. This seemed much faster to me. For this mission I stayed in the right lane of the tunnel the whole way and just slowed down a little at the end to avoid causing a huge mess. Also and most importantly when you come out of the booth tunnel instead of making the first left go down two more blocks and make the left there. From here it is a straight shot to your location and it is so much faster than going the way the gps wants you to. After that just head to the internet cafe and you should be in good shape time wise. Edited by IIISETIII

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the guide but I think I'll be giving the 80/100% a miss. Have to be honest, it is the most anal achievement I've come across.

Agreed. Even when I played through the story it's not like I rushed it, and I always go for headshots, and I still wasn't coming close to the requirements.

I'm pretty sure 80% for all missions would be like missing 1 of the objectives. I understand you can play them multiple times for each objective, but I honestly can't be bothered to do so.

They should have made the 80% achievement something like 100% half of the missions, rather than 80% all of them. I hate achievements that require zero margin for error.

EDIT: Well I was bored so I actually went for the 80% and followed each guide for it. I basically didn't go for time on any of them. You can easily 80% all of them with just taking your time, and using a Pistol for headshots and accuracy. Not difficult at all. I'm terrible with time limited missions/quests/objectives; I get too frustrated.

Edited by MartyMcFly

Bang Bang - The time for this mission SHOULD be attempted when you've unlocked Yusuf's chopper. Drive to the crane as fast as possible, throw 3 bombs on the crane and detonate. After that, put a waypoint on Yusuf's chopper and take it to the tunnel above the train. Try to land as hard and fast as possible, get out, and throw a bomb on the track or the train as long as the blast radius is within the train. Take the chopper to the airport but you must land the chopper on the pink arrow icon for the plane to spawn. As long as you touch the icon with the chopper, immediately take off and land NEXT to the plane not in front (one of my dumb friends have done that). Just like the train, the bomb doesn't have to stick to the plane but the plane must be within the blast radius. Get back in the chopper and fly off away from the cops. After you get out the circle, make sure not to fly too low or a cop may see you and put you back in the circle. For "No Bombs Wasted," only use 3 bombs on the crane, 1 for the train, and 1 for the plane.

Interesting, and brilliant idea...however, when I get to Yusufs helipad, there is no chopper there...

Edit: Ok, so after restarting my xbox and trying for the 5th time, it was there. Weird.

Did it first go with the Buzzard in 4:40 :D

Edited by Wolfie99

Just got my 100% in all of the TBoGT achievements :D I did find this, which I wish I had found before I got about 70% of the missions to 100%:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=66B7A2BB2B106E05

A video of every mission to 100%, with some great tricks to getting the time on Departure Time, Dropping In, In the Crosshairs (which doesnt work for me, but climbing down the building did!!), oh, and Bang Bang.

The guy who made those videos is damn good at this game!

Is there a way you can view the objectives for each mission vs the ones you have already met? i have done the game once, but it was over a month ago and I have no idea what scores I met in each one - only the % complete by looking at the missions option on the phone screen

Go to Player stats. It will put a tick in the box of "one-off" targets (quick-draw the RPG, for example). It wont say if you have completed accurac, headshots, time, etc until you finish the mission and compare it.

Or, do what I did, and compare them to this thread or the video link I posted above :)

Go to Player stats. It will put a tick in the box of "one-off" targets (quick-draw the RPG, for example). It wont say if you have completed accurac, headshots, time, etc until you finish the mission and compare it.

Or, do what I did, and compare them to this thread or the video link I posted above :)

Ok thanks, I think I understand... also - when I complete the mission it says 'NR' next to some targets - does that mean I've already completed those ones? When I did a mission twice last night it said NR next to different things both times

Ok thanks, I think I understand... also - when I complete the mission it says 'NR' next to some targets - does that mean I've already completed those ones? When I did a mission twice last night it said NR next to different things both times

New Record, i.e. if you beat your previous best.