Enjoying this game??

oneluckybullet

I tried the demo out last night and I have to say it, unfortunately, is nowhere near as good as Puzzle Quest in any way. But playing this game served to show me that since there was little else to compare Puzzle Quest to. Now I can fully appreciate just how great of a game Puzzle Quest was.

It just isn't fun how you aren't, technically, fighting anything, each of your 'techniques' are just unoriginal explosions, you can only move the randomized pieces on the board clockwise for no apparent reason, your 'monsters' feel like cardboard cutouts, and there isn't an overall area -- you treasure hunt through preset maze paths fighting talking trees and other monstrosities as filler.

It's unfortunate it turned out not to be a good game, but Puzzle Quest's online function is always a good supplement for this.

I'm enjoying so far. It's no puzzle quest but it has something to it that's got me addicted.

I will say I hate how Squareenix and Popcap decided that you have to pay in MS points to get more remedies, mirrors, and what not. I know some of this stuff in chests but I just keep getting mirrors. Only 40 MS points but still...

Besides that still a better game then Galaxtix (or whatever the scifi PQ game was called) :p

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny... I'm just a complete Puzzle Quest's hater. I hated it on XBLA, DS, everywhere I tried. I don't like the fake/boring/generic fantasy universe and the simple but... simple gameplay.

I tried Gyromancer and I was convinced to tried once more to play a puzzle/RPG game because I'm trying to figure out how to mix opposite genres (I'm working in the industry). And then... BAM! It hit me in the face. OK, the story is still bland and boring, but the gameplay is addictive and the fight are fast, somewhat violent. You've to think about 100 things at the same time.

I'm loving it right now... but I'm afraid it's gonna get boring in a few hours. It's so sad when it comes to this :(