Co-op is a broken, glitchy mess (post your finds here)

Hoborg

This warrants its own thread outside the bitching thread. I've found so many bugs in co-op it's inexcusable.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is why we couldn't play Far Cry 3 in September because Ubisoft had to "polish" (what a fucking joke) the turd they call co-op campain.

I'll start.

1. Co-op achievements are extremely glitchy. Apparently you have to be in the starting lobby for them to count. You can't join someone's game and unlock them. Fine, we figured that out pretty fast. I was just in the starting lobby. In fact, I was the god damn host. Got to the end of a public game and no achievement. Did have some people drop in and out but that shouldn't matter.

2. One time everyone died and instead of respawning everyone properly. The game decided to wipe out all enemies and all objectives. We ran around the empty map. Kind of freaky actually. No objective indicators, no enemies, just an empty map. Had to start all over again.

3. Can't kick players (though this is just general bitching). Anyone can just grief so easily. If everyone is down, all this person has to do is go AFK. That's it, everyone will be stuck in the "waiting to respawn" screen forever. Remedy? Start over.

4. Game glitched big on the grenade competition challenge in mission 4. Was unable to throw anything because the grenades disappeared from my hand.

GG Ubi.

Edited by Hoborg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This warrants its own thread outside the bitching thread. I've found so many bugs in co-op it's inexcusable.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is why we couldn't play Far Cry 3 in September because Ubisoft had to "polish" (what a fucking joke) the turd they call co-op campain.

I'll start.

1. Co-op achievements are extremely glitchy. Apparently you have to be in the starting lobby for them to count. You can't join someone's game and unlock them. Fine, we figured that out pretty fast. I was just in the starting lobby. In fact, I was the god damn host. Got to the end of a public game and no achievement. Did have some people drop in and out but that shouldn't matter.

2. One time everyone died and instead of respawning everyone properly. The game decided to wipe out all enemies and all objectives. We ran around the empty map. Kind of freaky actually. No objective indicators, no enemies, just an empty map. Had to start all over again.

3. Can't kick players (though this is just general bitching). Anyone can just grief so easily. If everyone is down, all this person has to do is go AFK. That's it, everyone will be stuck in the "waiting to respawn" screen forever. Remedy? Start over.

GG Ubi.

Hey there some threads here already mention it. Coop missions based is just extra mode that Ubisoft admit that just rush and add it for extra to play with.

I did explain in my thread about it from what one of my friends heard that Ubisoft said. Anyway this will be patches. Amazing game but only coop is problem. Don't worry about coop they just extra and not big forced in developed by Ubisoft. :)

Edit: plus not only they delayed this game for because of coop but also they delayed it because want more time polished for singleplayer and yes singleplayer finished around September but game need polished well which is why singleplayer is amazing at moment and very well polished. Coop again is just extra and want release it around christmas time. Also seem right time for Ubisoft and add up more sales points as well. :):):):):):)

Edited by cheevo360

You called it, and it still fucked up. ROFL.

Personally I am holding off on the co-op altogether until they patch it. I got a 7MB update the other day but not sure if that fixed anything?

Yeah agreed but I already got all 6 missions completed with my friend last saturday. Done it and really easy to complete on Casual difficulty but few trouble in missions where is some group of enemies around you that sometime enemies wouldn't show up on mini map so you then not know where enemy around behind or somewhere in buliding and he would shoot you in quick or even stab you quick when you close. Also some big enemies with white bar above him, he is easy takedown but sometime it not when you want kill him in close combat/range. :):)

Will patches by Ubisoft. I knew would be cos game is biggest title of course just like some of their games. :D

Also if you haven't got achievements for coop missions you could ask me Xbox Live and I help you get it out of way also. :p

Didn't you have another thread saying you weren't getting this game because of the delays due to co-op and MP? Now you have another thread bitching about the said co-op that you were imploring people to boycott?

Yes, and now you see why he didn't want the mode implemented. Wasn't needed and now it's a mess, apparently.

Didn't you have another thread saying you weren't getting this game because of the delays due to co-op and MP? Now you have another thread bitching about the said co-op that you were imploring people to boycott?

Yeah I have no idea why he done it. Something changed his mind to get game then complaint over and over again. I don't judge it anyway and that his choice. :drunk

It's an achievement site bro. Are you implying because I bitch about co-op I am not allowed to play it for achievements only? Trust me dude, the co-op without the achievements is a horrible, bland, boring mess that no one should ever touch besides the end goal of getting said achievements.

And also for the fucking record; I don't touch co-op unless I am forced to. I played RE5 on pro with the stupid AI. I also did more or less everything in Borderlands 1 and 2 on my own.

It's an achievement site bro. Are you implying because I bitch about co-op I am not allowed to play it for achievements only? Trust me dude, the co-op without the achievements is a horrible, bland, boring mess that no one should ever touch besides the end goal of getting said achievements.

And also for the fucking record; I don't touch co-op unless I am forced to. I played RE5 on pro with the stupid AI. I also did more or less everything in Borderlands 1 and 2 on my own.

Yes I do understand dude. That's your opinion but some people found annoyed if person keep repeat threads with complaint same thing over and over. So this is getting them annoyed. I complaint some games yeah but I don't making too much threads in one game forum so that all I am saying. I knew it is frustrated way when your opinion of game. :):):):):):)

Someone get him a cookie and 12 internets please. Bravo sir, bravo.

This thread bought to you by the refreshing whine of Hoborg Ltd, where every day is bitching day.

Someone get him a cookie and 12 internets please. Bravo sir, bravo.

This thread bought to you by the refreshing whine of Hoborg Ltd, where every day is bitching day.

Hehehe made my night wonderful dreams. :):):):):):)

His opinion is fine but I understand and found annoyed with repeats with too much same reasons of threads over, over and again. Lol

This isn't a repeated thread. My one thread called to the attention the fact why the game was delayed and how that had a seemingly negative impact on gamers such as myself. The other thread called into question how and why co-op achievements don't unlock.

This one serves the purpose of highlighting to the community, by the community's input why the co-op is defunct.

This isn't a repeated thread. My one thread called to the attention the fact why the game was delayed and how that had a seemingly negative impact on gamers such as myself. The other thread called into question how and why co-op achievements don't unlock.

This one serves the purpose of highlighting to the community, by the community's input why the co-op is defunct.

I knew that but you don't have to making too many threads with complaints in one forum. That all I am saying, your opinion is fine and we all know and understand but too many complaints in one forum though. So getting many people annoyed to read or having laughed. Just be warned. I knew it is internet of course. Like my grammer sometime is bad for some people annoyed to read. But I tried not to bring grammer unreadable when I typing but sometime is hard. I have be careful with some people and I tried my best not annoying them. Lol

Also you need patience when game is delayed and remember time and life is short and bring timer quick to get game. Good news we all had is Far Cry 3 with well polished in full game (aside Coop mode is just rushed and extra for Ubi's reasons, I must said Coop is bit like add-on which is what Ubi mention when they in developing from my friend said and explain also again delayed is not only Coop it is polished for singleplayer campaign. lol).

Achievements doesn't unlock some to players as it is random bugs. That natural for some games did. Myself got fewer bug achievements but fixed by clear the cache and other is delete profile, clear the cache then re-downloading a profile and achievements become wonderful fixed. This is how I did. They is perfect fixed to me but I knew it not worked for some other players. Well sad I knew but it is way as random bugs hits on anyone.

It is a glitchy mess, and loads of people have problems especially with the challenges.

• Ammo just disappears on you and you can't shoot/throw anything.
  • Under normal play if you switch to a secondary you find you're unable to fire your weapon, even though you're fully loaded with ammo.
  • I've seen friends go through this weird zoom up/zoom down sequence and suddenly die for no apparent reason.
  • I've had enemies spawn right next to me, and seen it happen with friends as well.

I had that empty map thing,i told the guy i was with that it seems gliched,he walked right to the water and killed himself,i did the same and we respawned properly...took a few minutes out of our play

Other than that it was 5 hrs play to complete and probably wont touch it again(i only did it for the Cheevo's),i suggest you do the same Hobs

Just start from the start,and never leave the room you are playing in and just get it done,we failed so many times on the last chapter,and shit loads of people came and went,but i stayed with it and finally got it done with new people who came in

it's not actually that bad,but wait until you finish it though,no doubt there will be a new thread by you to tell us how shit the ending was for Co-Op(it was,it was fucking Shite compared to the opening movie :p ..i hate to even call it an end )

He just stated his oppinion ;) and here we are again picking on someone that not agrees with the general oppinion. Anyways as a solution you could try playing private co-op, i did it with a good friend and we had everything working fine and unlocked all achievements in one go. But...there is one thing he and myself noticed when the US guys start getting the game it seems to getting worse, co-op was fine no lag no glitches, yesterday we played it again just to get some XP and it was horrible! Enemies appear and dissapear right in front of you, or all the sudden an enemy decides to fly like 2 feet in the air out of the blue. It was all fine before so i start to wonder what Ubisoft did, fact was it worked fine without bugs or glitches before the US start getting the game, this may sound odd but true.

He just stated his oppinion ;) and here we are again picking on someone that not agrees with the general oppinion. Anyways as a solution you could try playing private co-op, i did it with a good friend and we had everything working fine and unlocked all achievements in one go. But...there is one thing he and myself noticed when the US guys start getting the game it seems to getting worse, co-op was fine no lag no glitches, yesterday we played it again just to get some XP and it was horrible! Enemies appear and dissapear right in front of you, or all the sudden an enemy decides to fly like 2 feet in the air out of the blue. It was all fine before so i start to wonder what Ubisoft did, fact was it worked fine without bugs or glitches before the US start getting the game, this may sound odd but true.

You really don't understand the cult of Honorg do you Richard? Take a look at some of his posts and you might understand a little better. Saying that, I doubt you'd spot anything so I'm wasting my breath...

I had that empty map thing,i told the guy i was with that it seems gliched,he walked right to the water and killed himself,i did the same and we respawned properly...took a few minutes out of our play

Other than that it was 5 hrs play to complete and probably wont touch it again(i only did it for the Cheevo's),i suggest you do the same Hobs

Just start from the start,and never leave the room you are playing in and just get it done,we failed so many times on the last chapter,and shit loads of people came and went,but i stayed with it and finally got it done with new people who came in

it's not actually that bad,but wait until you finish it though,no doubt there will be a new thread by you to tell us how shit the ending was for Co-Op(it was,it was fucking Shite compared to the opening movie :p ..i hate to even call it an end )

Lol completing all 6 of those god-awful chapters in one sitting? No thanks. I am only missing one chapter that glitched on me so hopefully I can get it on my second try.

Just want to be done with it so I can enjoy...you know the REAL game.

You get the achievements if you're there from beginning to end of a chapter. I've didn't fail to get an achievement if I was present from before the first checkpoint to the end. I did not get them joining mid game.

If the game gets stuck and doesn't move you forward after a checkpoint, run out of bounds. It takes a maximum of 30 seconds to restart the checkpoint and you can move forward.

If someone is griefing or just plan being a jerk you can always take the 3 good players to a private game. You'll have to complete whatever you've done again but you won't have to worry about some random coming in and screwing everything up.

Never had the competition thing actually happen to me but as long as it was completed it doesn't really matter does it? I know when my weapons don't appear in my hands I try to switch and that usually gets them up. Probably wouldn't work for grenades but it's a thought. Try using the explosive box as well!

--

Since the patch I've had absolutely no problems getting into or finding decent matches. Joined one mid progress where it seemed a guy was just AFK being useless while everyone else was dead. I left and was in another in less than a minute.

If someone needs a specific chapter but keeps getting put into the same one over and over shoot me a message over XBL - HandymanJames. I'll host a private and we can do your chapter, I'm done with the achievements so I don't care which I do. To be honest I like the sniping competition much more than anything else though.

You get the achievements if you're there from beginning to end of a chapter. I've didn't fail to get an achievement if I was present from before the first checkpoint to the end. I did not get them joining mid game.

That needs to be clarified. You need to be in the actual lobby not just join after the game has launched even if it is right at the beginning.

Also, if you join someone's game half-way, play it out you will be transferred to the starting lobby. If you start and finish a new game, even though you were present at the lobby, you won't get the achievement.

This is what happened to me. Also, I hosted it once from a lobby and I didn't get the achievement at the end. It is extremely glitchy.