Road Map and Achievement Guide

Tailz

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me the Guide was very helpful, thanks a lot.

Was good to know that you can simply replay the levels and get every achievment so I just played through without worrying about achievments and then got what was left. Luckily nothing glitched.

The only things that could be better wouuld be to divide the achievments in the ones that come naturally and the ones that you should keep in mind while playing through. For example "Blind Eye" would be something for me that would be mentionable in the Roadmap part above, as I never Blind Fired while playing through and then had to find one of every enemy.

But in any case thanks for the great guide was helping me a lot to get my 1000 in this game.

I'll vouch for not needing the Reclaimer for the 100 headshots. I was switching weapons back and forth and there was no way I got 100 with both together when my achievement popped.

Also, I mentioned in another thread but a great place to boost for Fireworks is The Revolt. After the cutscene in the round room, flying enemies will come out of the hole on the screen. Just cook and toss grenades. You have to be on the ground though hence why Revolt is the best. You have no Jetpack til later.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/694/UPuArjg=.jpg 15http://live.xbox.com/xweb/lib/images/G_Icon_External.gif Fireworks- Kill 10 Flying Enemies with Grenades

This Achievement seems to be Glitched and very random. I personally achieved this by killing 10 Knight Soldiers in Chapter 1-3 The Village. Several of other people have not been able to get it this way. My best advice would be to get this would be to continually spam grenades near flying enemies such as Chapter 3-3 The Revolt. Play through it and throw grenades at any flying enemies you see. Outside of that, nobody seems to have a definitive way to attain this achievement.

<deleted post content by myself as for not being accurate>

EDIT: So far I've tried

- killing more than 10 times the 2 Knight Soldiers at the end of 1.5.

- killing 15 floating Watchers in the beginning of chapter 2.1

- I've got the achievement on Chapter 1.2 "Crash Site". When you come to the weapons locker for the first time (after crossing a bridge), you'll find some grenades in front of them. Pick those up, cook a grenade and throw it at the door to break it open, then cook another grenade and throw it at the 4 enemies that came through the door. When they're all dead, jump into the void and you will respawn again at the weapons locker. Rinse and repeat until you've got the achievement.

I don't understand this achievement, because in later levels I threw grenades at flying watchers and killed way more than 10. But I'm glad I've got the achievement.

So, if you're struggling with this, try to do like I said (Crash Site)

Good luck!

Edited by Trikke

Great guide. Appreciate you pointing out where the glitches are and how to avoid them =)

The glitch is very well pointed out on the first post if you took the time to read it.

I went through it and got the Grease Monkey achievement easily.

But the other one, the Fireworks one, this one as said, there is no right way to do it so far. Who got it, always got it on different ways from each other.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tailz - thanks for the guide really helped me a lot. Here's hoping for a patch soon to fix the glitched achievements.

Just did this last night. I used the level 2 sniper rifle. You can put one down with full ammo in the rifle. What I did was head down to were the gun locker is at. From there you can hit one. Put that one down, but before heading up to finish it off, go to the locker again (it should be right behind you) to reload the rifle. Go up and finish that one off, then head to the one up on cliff in front of you. Go right by it and up on the cliff behind it. Put that one down and finish it off. Quickly head to that locker, reload and the last one should be to your left. There is a ledge to the side off it for you to land on. Put it down and finish it off. You have to be quick and a little lucky not to get torn apart by the UFO's, but it is doable.

You sir are a legend! I was ready to pull my hair out, tried your method and did it on my second try.

• 2 weeks later...

3 questions...Is this game really THAT bad? Because it is at 800 pts for GFWL. And Im thinking about get it. Second, are the PC version achievements also glitched?

And finally, I want to hear more opinions about how hard is the hard mode. (That wasnt a question.)

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished, never upgraded a weapon the whole time so that I could do them all at once. The guide says "roughly" 100,000 tech points are needed, but I did the math for it and it's actually 141,600 tech points to fully upgrade everything. I consider that a bit more than roughly 100,000. It equals quite a few more 2-4 runs to reach that goal. Normally I wouldn't nitpick such a thing, but with such a glitchy achievement, I think it helps to be as exact as possible.

And I died plenty more than twice on hardcore. Heck, I died a few times just trying to figure out the rocket pack at first. It wasn't super hard though. I kind wish I had done a casual run first though, gotten my weapons upgraded first, then did my hardcore run, if only to have a chance to enjoy using the souped up weapons.

Just finished, never upgraded a weapon the whole time so that I could do them all at once. The guide says "roughly" 100,000 tech points are needed, but I did the math for it and it's actually 141,600 tech points to fully upgrade everything. I consider that a bit more than roughly 100,000. It equals quite a few more 2-4 runs to reach that goal. Normally I wouldn't nitpick such a thing, but with such a glitchy achievement, I think it helps to be as exact as possible.

And I died plenty more than twice on hardcore. Heck, I died a few times just trying to figure out the rocket pack at first. It wasn't super hard though. I kind wish I had done a casual run first though, gotten my weapons upgraded first, then did my hardcore run, if only to have a chance to enjoy using the souped up weapons.

I think that what was meant was that after you have completed the campaign ONCE, you will need roughly 100,000 tech points more to get enough to buy everything, because after my first playthrough I had ~50,000 tech points. I know it doesn't read that way, but I think thats what was implied. Nevertheless a change is probably required.

• 3 weeks later...

There's some room for editing, so hopefully Tailz is still checking this forum often.

- If you beat the game on casual first and had all upgraded weapons for hardcore, along with not going for other achievements, it's probaby best not to say how "easy" hardcore is and that you only died twice. You imply that you can just start on hardcore and that it's a walk in the park. Though it isn't hard, I've died 7-10 times just on specific checkpoints trying to go for certain achievements.

- For the Fireworks achievement I got it in the burning village the first time you encounter jetpack enemies. I would kill them and reload/die. I had to kill about 20-25 of them, and my achievement unlocked when I killed the next ground unit with a grenade (which could have possibly been a flying one).

- There is nothing simple about colliding with an enemy. 50-60 UFOs on chapter 2-4? Maybe, but only around 4-5 at a time! I imagined 50-60 all at once, so that is a bit misleading! It's very hard to crash into an enemy. You say easiest to highjack a UFO, so I can get this with the survivor planes? Which is extremely easy to get in (dont have to highjack) and has a longer wingspan allowing you to hit UFOs a little better. Just curious if they count.

- "Roughly 100,000 tech points to fully upgrade". I was also under the impression that was a total amount. I guess another user said it was around 141 thousand.

- You could mention in your achievement description for Squishy Center to make sure you do the kill action on the tail and not the head. Though I haven't tested the head, another post mentioned you had to do the tail and not the head. Also it's best to do all the Archon achievements on the first one you see, as it's shooting at the ship a lot and you aren't having to watch out for 3 of them at once! Not sure why you mentioned the 3 later.

There are just some things I would like to suggest changing or thinking about putting more detail. This isn't complaining, just trying to make sure everything is covered :)

- Blind luck literally was luck for me, I can barely tell the difference between most of the enemies, I was thinking they would be colored different which isn't always the case. The ps3 trophies side lists what guns they use, and that as well might be helpful. Also, if you Snipe someone in cover and let go of the zoom, it counts as blind fire becase the enemy is dying while you're in cover with your gun out. I got my achievement totally by accident, not knowing who I did or didn't kill. I sniped a guy (who I thought I've killed blindfire) and let go. Achievement unlocked. I was a bit surprised!

Edited by Tyger7

Episode 2 chapter 4

Once you get to the big wave there are only 40 UFOs exactly. What you can do is put it on hard mode and kill around 30-35 of them to get 3000-3500 tech points preferably while your turret is warning you to abandon. Once you get that amount, let the UFOs kill you. For some reason while in the turret dying, it will still save all your tech points. I have done this numerous times, and it's much faster then reloading the episode and doing it all over again multiple times.

Edited by Tyger7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...