Onyx Medal Guide

TehGoomba

Yeah but Longshot is not a starting rifle so I thought this shouldn't happen? Plus I thought this medal was only for public/ranked matches? It doesn't work against bots on Private but seems to work against a player 2.

Either way it's a good way to get lots of headshots and kills.

It should work with any weapon, so I don't see why not the Breechshot. The spawn point system shouldn't change.

You need to be able to kill him from distance though or you can't get back to that barrier in time, plus it wouldn't be as fast if you've gotta keep crossing the map.

You can get Rifleman against bots just has to be Versus not Survival or Overrun.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get Rifleman against bots just has to be Versus not Survival or Overrun.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.

I am doing this with the longshot just cos it's easy headshots, then I will do some more with other weapons maybe.

I suppose you could also do it with the Markza and get that medal too, so 5 at once!

Edited by robrock3

I've checked it - kills with longshot add to Rifleman medal but not Master at Arms. Played against bots on private. Still a nice one since it also adds to map based weapon kills and headshots if you aim right.

Thanks for confirming it - yeah I thought that, it's good because you shouldn't be able to get Special Teams (map-based) and Rifleman with the same kills.

BTW Onyx Headshots is 4000, I just got the gold medal (1500).

Onyx Special Teams is 3000 map-based weapon kills.

I've perfected this Headshot method now. All you have to do is get him to spawn where you want him. Make Player 2 do a forward roll each time he spawns - you're already pressing A to speed the countdown up, so just mash it a bit longer.

Then run round and pick up 4 longshots so you have full ammo.

Stand where you need to be, just outside the doorway in the Pork Chop's alley, then line up your first headshot with full zoom on. Shoot him right in the centre of his face.

Then strafe left until your shadow disappears off the wall in front of you. Spawn the Player 2 and make him forward roll. Strafe right till your target goes red, LT to aim and spot him, then no-scope him.

You can do this with your 23 remaining bullets, then go get 4 more longshots and repeat. I'm getting a headshot every 5 seconds in this way - plus map based and rifleman kills.

You don't have to forward roll him, you can still no-scope him in his spawn position, it's just easier and quicker to make his head "bigger".

You could also do this on shorter matches, like score limit 10, if you want to get your Veteran and Match Winner Medals moving faster.

Edited by robrock3

Easy way to get ammo giver is to play survival on island with bots.

Allow the enemy to take the first lot of fences then commence killing

At the end of each wave your ai team buddies will all stand around the hole for you to give ammo to!

That's good - another one I've seen is you can get up to three friends to play with you as Baird, stand together and keep firing their repair tool when you have thrown them an ammo crate.

You can also do this with a second controller, player 2 as Baird...go hide in a corner and hold down P2's trigger when you've thrown him an ammo crate. While you're waiting for your next ammo crate to load, fire away your Booshka rockets so that you'll supply yourself with ammo as well (or go kill some grubs to make the game last longer).

Edited by robrock3

Here's some of the Onyx targets that I know from my own medals board, and from on here:

Special Teams: 3000 map-based weapons kills

Shock Trooper: 3000 first blood ribbons (i'm guessing MVP is the same?

Headshot: 4000 headshots

Heavy Weapons: 1000 Heavy weapons kills

Explosives: 6000 Explosives kills

Pyro: 1000 Kills with fire

Ammo Giver: 6000 times supply ammo (one crate gives 6 per character)

Defender: 25 times defend the first E-hole for first 4 waves (you can quit at start of wave 5)

Tripwire Crossbow: 500 It's A Trap! Ribbons

Finisher: 500 Executions in Campaign

All the medals:

http://forums.epicgames.com/threads/946753-List-of-Medals-Guide-In-progress

Rifleman Onyx 24,000

Master at Arms Onyx 36,000

Healer is not that painful as it sounds. I played single matches with casual bots as kantus all the time. On average I got around 40 heals each game, sometimes more when using my ultimate heal spam:

You need a bot playing as a grenadier and Baird on the other side. Stay close with grenadier and wait until Baird spams sentry. Then, instead of using your heal (LB) keep spamming (X) to pick him up. How many you'll get depends on how quickly you spam the button. Onyxed in less than a week.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Found an easy way to boost onyx medal kills on checkout for those of you going for the medals

[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7fQsX4J9ffw]Easy onyx medals gears of war judgement - YouTube[/ame]

I can get 200 kills in around 25 mins using this method. I have not yet tried it with more players in the match. Counts towards rifle kills, master at arms, markza, spots and head shots.

EDIT: If you have a turbo pad you can use my above method but stand the opposite side of the map up on that little stage thing. Once in position set you turbo pad on with A pressed down for your other player... U can refill your ammo up there but don't move any for forward than that

The other player will jump forward and slide down on the counter - kill away! You dont need to move just aim and shoot

Edited by YAT0

• 5 weeks later...

Good post YATO, thanks!

I was doing something similar on Streets but it took about 40 mins to get 200 kills. This is much better and you can use any weapon (not just long range).

On another note, I'm finding Medic (revive 500 team mates in Survival or Overrun) very slow going...

I've been playing on Normal so that they die more, sometimes hardcore, and not shooting anything unless it gets near the objective...basically I am being the worst team player ever!!

Does anyone know a fast way to do this? I am on 216 revives at the moment but it is taking ages.