What do you think about the 2nd episode?

The Ep.2 resembled me the 11th Volume of the Comix series ('Fear The Hunters') which is one of my favourites. What the 'Dairy farm' really is became clear for me almost from the very beginning. It's some sort of local WD series cliche. I liked it anyway, thought not sure if Ep2 is better than Ep1, but definitely it's not worse.

I liked some stylish camera solutions very much - such as the dead crawling after the tractor, or one of the final scenes where you are to choose between killing the second brother or spare him.

Edited by MikeRo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No no no! She's not her mother. Just some crazy woman who lost her own girl I guess and wants to replace her with Clem. The name of Clem's mother is Diana.

You're right! Thank you for correcting me. I'm guessing that too much human meat (?) or the state on how things are going in the world are driving her crazy...

It was very predictable but I'm glad they got cannibals out of the way. I was sure the game would have them eventually somewhere.

You're right! Thank you for correcting me. I'm guessing that too much human meat (?) or the state on how things are going in the world are driving her crazy...

I was arguing with someone on another message board about it. On my second play through in the tent there is a picture with the lady and a little girl. It doesn't look like Clem and if it was I'm sure the main guy would have commented on it. My guess is her daughter got eaten and in her head she thought Clem was her daughter/replacement for her.

Edited by sleepydumbdude

I felt it was too predictable. I guessed the cannibal storyline during the walk to the diary farm just by the way the brothers were acting. I also felt some of the choices were too linear. Seems like even if you tried to save someone they still ended up dying. My biggest complaint is the change of Kenny. If you choose to help Larry, Kenny acts like you were against him since the first episode. I sided with Kenny throughout the entire first episode but as soon as I try to revive Larry, Kenny hates me? But there's a nice Easter egg if you succeed at doing four chest compressions. Fleshes out Kenny even more. I also wonder if the final choice at the episode is going to have some major repercussions. I choose not to take it, but if I go to find it in episode 3 it has no major effect, then what is the point of being given that choice?

I frickin' loved it! Thought it was really really good. I noticed the little pauses at the start but seemed to get better as time went on. Perhaps I'm easily pleased but thought the whole thing was great. Can't wait for Episode 3. :)

Weird that a lot of people are complaining about lag. I didn't encounter but maybe 2 lag spikes after certain points.

Anyway, I loved this episode and the way this series is going. It had me going all the way until the end, and after Dan shot the woman, I was super tense the for the rest of the game. I'm pretty curious to see how the final episode ends and if any major choices have an effect on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i thought this episode was seriously fantastic. it started off slow, and i seriously trusted them, even though i do admit they seemed a little off. however, i love the route the episode, very dark, and towards the end it seems like lee may be our new leader.

i just finished it, and i really want to talk about it, but i'm ready to start the next, haha.

i thought this episode was seriously fantastic. it started off slow, and i seriously trusted them, even though i do admit they seemed a little off. however, i love the route the episode, very dark, and towards the end it seems like lee may be our new leader.

i just finished it, and i really want to talk about it, but i'm ready to start the next, haha.

Ha

Ha

HA

Lol.. Enjoy Ep 3. ;)

• 2 months later...

Just finished this up, and I loved the episode.

I figured right from the start that the brothers were up to something. They just seemed to be too nice. Was completely expecting the cannibalism storyline, but they pulled the story off well.

Surprised by the death of Larry, thought he would be a pain in my side for at least another episode or two.

Rationing out the food was a tough choice, I really had to put some thought into it, but I'm glad with the decisions I made regarding it.

Overall, I enjoyed it much. Gonna start story 3 tomorrow, can't wait!