People who don't take their turn?

Stufin135

What do you guys do with people who do not take their turn? I've got 3 or 4 people who are currently taking their turns (slowly but surely), but the rest still haven't taken their first move. It's really frustrating because I've been waiting over a week now, the only option is to resign. This adds a loss to my record though, I've lost 5 matches (3 to resigning) I'm never going to get a 1,500 rating at this rate.

What does everyone else do to deal with these, does sending a message help? Or is their a feature to quit without losing for non players?

Yes it does. I just resigned someone, got the win, and it boosted up my rating! :) I'm glad to know that you can do this now since I had tons of games with people who had not taken their turn for over a week XD

What?!? I just resigned like 10 people and didn't gain 1 win or 1 point in the rankings :(.

I wonder if it has to do with whether or not they even took a turn? Like if you send a random invite and they never accept it. But, if they take at least one turn, then perhaps it will give you the win/points when you force resign them.

I've currently got games with both types of people, so I can find out whenever it gets to where I can force resign someone. Someone else may find out before me, though.:)

If this is the case, then I don't see any reason to not spam random games and just hope people make a move or two and resign in order to rack up wins.

So if you send an invite and they don't accept it, then it doesn't count, right?

Well as I said, I resigned like 10 people without 1 win/loss increase. Kairi says she resigned 7 with a mix and got wins. So I would say as long as they play a move/invite you (same thing) you will get the win. If they have not taken a move, I would assume neither record is affected... Well your own will not be anyway.

EDIT: Just made someone resign who had made a move and I got a win. So basically as long as they've played a move, you'll get a win.

Edited by Stufin135

Thanks for letting us know how to do this - I had 3 games (2 players) which I got 2 wins from for doing this - the third game I accepted the invite and the other player had done nothing... helped my ranking a bit too :)

looks like I'll have a few more coming up as they're on about 5 days at the moment

EDIT: I know it sounds a little lame, but it does lower your average game score in "Statistics" (mine went from about 350 to 250 from the 3 "Force Resign" games)

Thanks for letting us know how to do this - I had 3 games (2 players) which I got 2 wins from for doing this - the third game I accepted the invite and the other player had done nothing... helped my ranking a bit too :)

looks like I'll have a few more coming up as they're on about 5 days at the moment

EDIT: I know it sounds a little lame, but it does lower your average game score in "Statistics" (mine went from about 350 to 250 from the 3 "Force Resign" games)

Are you sure between the two times of looking at the stats that you didn't play a move? Not that it really matters, these stats can only ever be viewed by you.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In order to get the walkover win or force a resignation the other player simply must accept the game invite. If you initiate the game and they do not accept the invite you will not get any wins or points, on the other hand if they invite you and you accept and play a word and they never play then you will also get the win/points for this as well.