Best way to clean xbox slim

wilson1874

They make cleaning wipes for electronic equipment. They are like Clorox wipes but specifically for electronics. I got mine from Office Depot but I assume they'd sell them at most electronics stores.

Here's what it says on the container:

"Cleaning Wipes for electronics

-premoistened lint-free wipes in a convenient pop-up dispenser

-ideal for TV & computer screens, keyboards, telephones & most electronic equipment housings

-removes smudges, dirt, dust, oil & fingerprints

-anti-static wipes won't scratch or leave lint or residue on surfaces."

I use them on my TVs, computer monitors, 360 controllers, computer mouse, Zune, cellphone etc etc...And have had no problems.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, we have all probably tried your wipe with hand and blow into vent method, at least until we stopped kidding ourselves that doing such a thing would make any kind of difference and somehow save us the trouble of having to maintenance the machine...

I used to do that way back in the day to my NES cartridges to get them to work after they got old, but luckily I learned my lesson about blowing into electronics on that generation of equipment and not here on this one. Inevitably you will end up blowing some of your saliva in there as well (whether you realize it or not), which is the last thing you want to do! Sure, I will use my hand to wipe the dust off the console surface, but sooner or later you will have to man up and take the time to clean the dust buildup out of the guts of the machine properly (and carefully) if you want to keep it alive. That is of course unless you are one of those people that automatically thinks the console is broken and gets rid of it, blaming Microsoft the whole way. Treat your car that way when it comes to oil changes and see how long it will go before having a critical failure!

My console is giving me the warning signs now though. Skyrim has started to freeze up a lot, and I can feel the excessive heat that isn't venting properly because of internal dust buildup. I cleaned my original 360 several times by opening it and every time I was amazed how much dust was in there, and every time it worked like a new machine afterward. But now I have a slim and this is the first time I have reached this point, so I don't know how to open the chassis yet, and no one on this thread has given any advice on how it's done, so I guess I will ask YouTube...

They make cleaning wipes for electronic equipment. They are like Clorox wipes but specifically for electronics. I got mine from Office Depot but I assume they'd sell them at most electronics stores.

Here's what it says on the container:

"Cleaning Wipes for electronics

-premoistened lint-free wipes in a convenient pop-up dispenser

-ideal for TV & computer screens, keyboards, telephones & most electronic equipment housings

-removes smudges, dirt, dust, oil & fingerprints

-anti-static wipes won't scratch or leave lint or residue on surfaces."

I use them on my TVs, computer monitors, 360 controllers, computer mouse, Zune, cellphone etc etc...And have had no problems.

Old thread. :/

But this is what I use, they work great.