Subscriber Spotlight - December 2012

Method

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/guides/0-subspotlight.jpg

This month's subscriber is from an exotic land called Maine. He is a huge fan of Bethesda and has watched the movie Moon Child as least a hundred times! Some of you may know him for his great graphics work but he is a serious gamer first. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Gackt...

Welcome to the spotlight! Introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Hello everyone! My name is Jesse, I am 30 years old and live in Maine, USA. Gaming is pretty much what I do with all of my time. I am a very quiet person, those of you who have played on live with me know this I am sure...lol. Bit short of an intro, but that's all I got.

What first brought you to x360a, and then what made you stick around and subscribe?

I came here looking for achievement lists for new/upcoming games, I met some pretty great people and liked the site so much I decided to stick around for a while. I subscribed because the amount of information, achievement help, guides, and overall helpful community seemed like something worth giving back to.

How did you come up with your gamertag?

Gackt... I may be slightly obsessed with the man. He is just the perfect human being :p

Is the 360 your only current console? What others have sharpened your gaming skills over the years?

I started gaming on the Atari back when I was around 5 or 6. I have a nice collection of consoles. Atari 2600, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Sega Genesis, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, TubroGrafx 16, Neo Geo, Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Original Xbox, Dreamcast, Gameboy, Gameboy advanced, and my 360.

Super Nintendo has been my favorite of them all, I still play it quite a bit to this day.

What is your gaming setup?

Samsung 46" 1080p LED HDTV, I haven't bought a surround sound system yet...been happy with my Turtle Beach EarForce x12's and x1's for quite a while. I am using a 360 Elite (black, no skins) I was using a 73inch Mitsubishi HDTV but...there is such a thing as too big as I found out after buying it lol.

When you're picking the next game to grace your console, do you go for game play or achievements first?

Used to be achievements first, I was very addicted to them for a while. Gameplay first for me now, but I still quite enjoy achievements.

Everyone has a 360 game they can't get enough of, what’s yours?

Dark Souls. Such a unique and great style of game that I really hope to see more of in the future. Tough...but not cheap like a lot of "hard" games these days.

And the game that makes you scream?

Call of Duty. I am pretty decent at the multiplayer, I enjoy it...but for some reason I can never get a team who is willing to use teamwork. That's right, complain when I can't stop 5 guys from taking our flag when I'm defending by myself while you're all off playing for kills instead of going for the objectives...it eventually starts to annoy me, lol.

What achievement(s) are you most proud of?

Seriously.. from Gears of War 1. I played that game every day when it came out, it was such a great multiplayer game and I enjoyed every hour it took to get to 10,000 ranked kills. There are plenty of other achievements that were tough in other games but I don't remember having as much fun as I did with Gears. I however have not liked the rest of the series like I did with the first game.

We all know gaming goes on till the early morning. What do you eat and drink to keep the reflexes sharp all night?

I used to drink a ton of Redbull, or Monster...but that caught up with me and now...pretty much mostly water or the occasional Powerade. As for food, pizza rolls, frozen pizza, pretty much anything pizza. :D

You've played through a lot of games during that time. Out of all of the games you played, which was your favorite?

Syndicate. I'm a sucker for anything with a Cyberpunk theme and for the first time ever I got to be number 1 on a leaderboard for a while. I got to play with a few of my favorite x360a members and we kept our Syndicate number 1 until we all moved on from that game. I wish it had been received better and got some DLC though.

Well, there has to be a few games that you didn't like. Which ones were the worst?

Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout 3. I have an eternal hate for Bethesda for turning Fallout into an Elder Scrolls clone. Fallout 1 & 2 are my favorite rpg's of all time. I also don't like Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Bioshock, and Halo. They are not bad games, just not for me.

Everyone has their games that they just struggle with. Which games did your head in?

Fighting games. I love them, but I am awful at them.

Not every game with quick points is easy to complete. Are there any games that you are giving up on?

Bubble Bobble. I used to love playing that in the arcade years and years ago. One of my favorite older games but I am not very good at it. I'll keep playing it but I have given up on trying to get any more achievements for it.

What was the last thing you purchased on the arcade? Was it worth it?

Mark of the Ninja and Guardians of Middle Earth. Mark of the Ninja is definitely worth getting, excellent game. Guardians of Middle Earth is pretty awesome...I like MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) games and hope to see more of them.

Which game(s) are you most eagerly awaiting?

Aliens: Colonial Marines and Watch Dogs. Would love to see what some developers are working on for the next gen systems though.

If you were Admin of the site for a day, what would you do?!

Ban everyone who posts in any of the forums for Bethesda games. :p

Any closing remarks?

Thanks to everyone who make this site such a great place. I love the staff and the community here.

Edited by Method

What the hell?

People hating on Bethesda? I just don't know what's going on in the world anymore, I mean, next people will be hating on Call of Duty, or EA, or having your best friend sleeping with your girlfriend behind your back........then I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO!!!!

Ah ha ha. Congrats anyway though - even if you do have diabolical taste.