Any Transport Pilot tips?

jordan1979

This is my last 'obstacle' ever in BF3. I was never a good pilot, I can just about pull basic moves. When I fly the chopper... I'm like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 4 trying to fly. And I play solo. Currently getting shot down a lot etc...

Edited by jordan1979

^^What they said. You can also quickly practice flying on an empty server. Once you feel comfortable, plug a mic in, and just talk to your squad. It seems like people are nice enough to help out. Atleast this is what I did (Minus the practice =P)

When I first read this, I was wondering why in the world you would want tips on flying the Transport Chopper. After realizing that you are trying to knock out the achievement, it made sense to me. You could always have someone else fly over to the Flag and land nearby. While they grab the flag, you can switch to the pilot seat. All you have to do is take off with the Flag Carrier in the chopper and you will get the achievement.

Step 1) Set Chopper controls to Legacy.

Step 2) Practice co-op mission Fire From The Sky

Step 3) Step onto the battlefield.

Step 4) ?????

Step 5) Profit.

Haha, I don't even remember what mine are on. I set them the day I got BF3 (like I had with BC2) and never looked back.

what is legacy rich?

Control scheme for choppers? Please don't tell me you're using default!?

Yeah I've never changed anything I use default everything, well besides having aim assist off. What's the difference?

Well, you use the sticks instead of the triggers for the throttle. In my case, the right stick up to increase the throttle, down to decrease and right trigger to fire rockets/heatseekers, RB for countermeasures and... I don't remember the rest, lol.

Well, you use the sticks instead of the triggers for the throttle. In my case, the right stick up to increase the throttle, down to decrease and right trigger to fire rockets/heatseekers, RB for countermeasures and... I don't remember the rest, lol.

So does the left stick control pitch, yaw, and everything? Fuck that lol

I am a horrible pilot. So getting this achievement the proper way was not an option for me and my buddy. This is what I did:

The easiest way I found to obtained this is have a buddy rush over and pick up the flag and bring back, while you are sitting in the pilots seat, staying stationary at your base. Now you must be a pilot to obtain the achievement.

Have your buddy run to and get into the helicopter as a passenger and BAM! achievement unlock.

A very good map to do this on is on the "Farm" map (sorry cannot remember the maps name at the moment). Its a very open map, with dirt bikes and helicopters spawning on both sides of the spawn. So either spawn works great with this method.

Hopefully this works out for those who cant fly.

lol, really? But, but... it's 50% more better! LOL.

Yep but my excuse is that I am getting older and I resist change like water off a ducks back. Me and my friend Steve put in a lot of work on Fire in the Sky back when it first came out and I did not know any better to use different controls. I JUST figured out for myself that you can use the D-Pad to change between weapons in vehicles instead of Y and now it has me all screwed up. If I changed my controls now I probably would fly even less than I do.

what I would like to try and do is, have the pilot enter the chopper, stay in spawn, mean while someone captures the flag. Brings it to the spawn and board the Heli. The pilot raises a bit and then the flag carrier gets out. Would that still count?

Yes but the pilot does not even have to move, you just need to be in the pilots seat and have the flag in the Helicopter.

Last achievement I needed. I hadn't really tried for it before, but I finally got it earlier today. Ran over to the enemy base, saw a team mate grab the flag... he got killed and dropped it, so I picked it up and revived him... right before dying. Somehow, he killed the three guys chasing us, picked up the flag, and I spawned in the Viper. He managed to stay alive until I met him half way across the map, and landed right in front of him. Lucky for me, he got the hint, and jumped in the gunner seat. Achievement unlocked. :woop:

All in all, it was a pretty epic end to a relatively close CTF game. Managed to fly him back to base with the enemy attack chopper locking onto us the whole way.

I earned it last night without the flag being inside my copter. I took off and was flying towards the position of the flag carrier where he died. I was halfway to the flag and 2 guys spawn on my copter and it unlocked. I am confused, but I am not bitching. ;)

This kinda happened to me. I joined a match mid game and saw that the viper was free so spawned in it and set off towards enemy flag, i got about half way there and a squad mate spawned in the gunner seat and achievement popped! No idea why.

My buddy and I did this on Hardcore. We chose a low population server and both went in as assault. I grabbed the chopper and he grabbed a bike and went and got the flag. We met up and he jumped in the chopper and I got the achievement. We then flew near our base and i jumped out, shot him, picked up the flag, and revived him. He jumped into the chopper and then i jumped in and he go the achievement. :Bounce:

This achievement glitched for me, I just got into a helicopter shot the flag because enemies were around it.. and it popped up to my surprise that I checked what the achievement was while my helicopter plummeted to the ground.

and no it wasn't slow to pop up from a time before, I've never picked up a flag carrier?