Public Menace Method(s)

Manc_Man

An effective method is to use the big International series trucks and just plow thru sidewalks - unlike cars, the trucks keep going thru streetlamps, benches, what have you without slowing down. This racks up the Auto and City damage penalties at the same time, and you're more than likely to rack up Injury penalties in crowded areas as well. :woop:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went the fire truck method for this.

I wrecked probably 20 fire trucks and easily 100-200 cars (due to plowing into cars left and right with the fire truck), even went and destroyed about 10 Phantom Corsairs, had $2,000 in injuries, and $1,500 in city damage. I was so paranoid that by the time I got done playing the case (I chose the first traffic case since it's a very short, simple one) that I wasn't going to have enough damage, so I went WAAAY overboard.

$450,000 in total damage by the end of the case. :woop:

• 1 month later...
Facepalm

I can confirm its not. I did it myself.

Lie?! So i'm lying now?! lol

I can categorically confirm this is what ****I**** did, & it worked.... Think what you like!

As for this Thread, I'm out! ;)

Just because YOU got it after he said that does not mean its FACT, like others, he said it and i was 10k below.

So /facepalm right back at ya.

I dont think there is any real quickfire method on this, you have to spend time regardless.

I just decided to collect some of the hidden vehicles, i imagine some of the sporty ones are worth quite a bit. If you spend a while collecting and crashing en route to each vehicle location you are at least well on your way to the vehicle cheevo once you get the public meance one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
The Fastest Method found so far for Unlocking the "Public Menace" Achievement can be found in the Thread below:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=316908

Should take anyone around 5 minutes if you follow the Video Guide.

:)

Definitely gonna give that one a go as it will save so much time

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Can you also get this cheevo on a DLC case? (seeing as you don't need to ***** them)

That might work, but why worry about the 5 star rating? Once you earn the 5 stars, replaying it over and receiving less wont effect your score, or the achievement for getting 5 stars in every case, the 5 star rating will remain when you view it in the case file.

Basically what I’m saying is, your rating can only go up, never down.

People are making this out to be way harder than it is. It’s pretty simple really. Just drive around and once you get up to speed drive head on into another car. It will most likely total yours and the one you hit. When your car is totaled or gets to where it slows down just hop into another one. I spent maybe 5 minutes doing this, then went back to working the case. On my way from one place to the next I crashed a few times. By the time I was done I had over 80k in fines/damages.

• 1 month later...

Best way to check your damaged cars is through your stats, just add 48 to ur stats and you should be golden. Just fyi.

update: It only counts the cars you drive that you destroy, so just add 24 to your stats if you crash the other car too.

Plus, I've noticed that if you do it right you can crash 2 cars for every one car you drive for a total of three cars, you just have to make sure you get to top speed and the other car is moving straight on at you.

Edited by thecicissignguy

• 7 months later...

Just tried the second method and I was on my second fire truck when I guess it glitched out when the firetruck was destroyed and my partner was laying on the ground next to it. He would get up so I figured I'd give the truck a tap with another car but I accidentlly ran over my partner and killed him, thus failing the case. XD It was hilarious!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yesterday I did it in 45min, including doing the rest of the case at the homicide (i think) desk with the case "RED LIPSTICK MURDER".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsioBG4F-PI]Easiest & Fastest L.A. Noire Public Menace Achievement Trophy Walkthrough Guide Commentary Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

Had 120.000k of damage.

the car DOES NOT have to have the engine on fire. When it doesnt drive anymore itll grand u round 8k of dmg.