Ur-Dragon Offline Help.

Rise

So this guy, is apparently a 'joke' offline, however i'm a level 64 Mystic Knight + Lv 64 Warrior Pawn and i'm still struggling to kill it on Offline :/

- Does anyone have any tips/pawns that will be incredibly useful.

- Anyone know whether these equipments seem Ok for the battle.

- Does it regen its health if it flees the battle.

My current strategy

I've been currently using myself to climb and attack the 'weak points' of the dragon itself, as well as using Great Cannon from afar and Abyssal Anguish to extend my reach, Flame enchantment to all pawns and myself also, I can get it down to approximately below the half way point. then it simply flees and continues to frustrate me further.

More detailed information below.

Me: (MK)

Dragons Presence (Dragonforged)

Dragons Faith (Dragonforged)

Melorian Helm (Dragonforged)

Dragonleather vest + Chimeric half plate (Dragonforged both)

Steel Gauntlets (dragonforged)

Full chain hosen and chimeric sabatons (dragonforged both)

Paladin's Mantle dragonforged + Exuberant Earring

Pawn: (Warrior)

Cyclops Sigil

Melorian armour, arm and helmet.

Dragonleather vest.

Grisly Greaves (2 star) + full chain hosen

Adventurers cloak (3 star) + Ogre Bone.

Overall Stats

Me:

Str: 1074

Mk: 262

Str: 544

Mk: 891

Defenses: 579

Magic Def: 360

Pawn:

Str: 1210

Mk: 186

Str: 462

Mk: 186

Def: 528

Magic Def: 232

He only regains health if you die. If you are just wanting the kill I'd suggest magic archer or another ranged class. Magic archer makes him a breeze due to the auto-locking. He gets quite hectic towards the end with all the flailing around. I get tired of having to re-climb him as a melee class personally.

It also helps to bring ranged pawns if you bring any at all. The pawns are quite useless in that fight IMO.

Thanks for the responses guys, believe it or not my pawns did incredibly well, they all did an excepitional amount of damage with the only issue being the holy furor attack, but in all i finally ended its life and gained a hell of alot of dragon scales, near enough 50 of each. and got myself some wakestones etc and a beautiful Volant White staff :D

Easiest setup in my personal experience is to use Ranger with the following Augments:

Vehemence (Increases strength 10%)

Bloodlust (Increases strength by 70% at nighttime)

Autonomy (Increases strength by 70% when playing alone, no pawns)

Clout (Increases strength by 20%)

Trajectory (Arrows fly farther)

Buy the bow "Savage Fang" from one of the merchants in Everfall and the Chilling Daggers for both Magic and Strength damage.

Make sure before going to face him that you are alone and it is night time. The InnKeeper is right there next to both entrances.

Once down there, you need to simply climb on him to reach his "Hearts" and Hundred Kisses them to death. With your bow (use Tenfold Flurry), you will be able to reach his wings and if you struggle with damage, you can buy explosive arrows.

I am level 113 right now and have over 3000+ Strength and Magic on my Daggers and 3700 Strength on my Bow. I can kill him in about 5-7 minutes offline depending on how well he cooperates with me moving on him/shooting him. Regardless, with this setup at your level you should have around 1500-2000 strength when facing him which will make it a million times easier to fight.

ALSO!!!! Take a Pilgrims Charm with you. The Pilgrims Charm DOUBLES your Experience and Coin drop. If you fight Ur Dragon alone, he will give you 290,000 experience plus using the Pilgrims Charm ... 580,000. You will level 5-6 times before hitting the 90's.

You also will get the best daggers from him eventually and they come Holy infused which makes it even better facing him :)

Pawns do help. My pawn has full knowledge of all the dragons and can take down legs on her own by now. In fact if I see her spamming 100 kisses I don't even help her with whatever limb she's busy with.

She just cant seem to stick to the thing. As soon as she climbs he always shakes her off.

Killing him offline with a Ranger is a piece of cake. For the most part.

I usually run to the platform on the left as you exit the main entrance. When he lands I Tenfold Fury his left wing, leg and top of tail. This is usually when he drops. I then work on him from that same left leg > left claw > tail top > tail middle > left hip > belly > left underwing > left shoulder > left arm > left claw > chest > neck > head > right claw (pawn) > right arm > right shoulder > right underwing > right hip > right leg > right claw (pawn).

He stays down the entire time mostly. All I use is stamina pots.

Sometimes he will fly off and sit way up high for minutes on end. I just leave the camber when he does that.

PS : I'm pretty sure dragons are immune to fire.

Edited by Rayne ZA

ok quick question

i'm trying to do him offline, my character is a mystic knight about level 60 and my main pawn is a sorcerer! not a great set up i admit. I have him down to 2 pips and a bit of health after several battles, is it worth me trying to finish him off as i am - seeing as hes gotten irrate and being a pain to get to now or level up as a mystic archer? i'm not sure where to go? i started with the mystic archer but i do next to nothing damage wise on regular foes (currently only rank 2! though have great daggers and bow) so do i grind on getting the mystic arhers vocation level up by grinding chambers in everfall or push on with my mystic knight vocation? i think i can do it with the knight it'll just be awkward as hell :uzi: