Road Map to 1000

As always, this thread will layout an order in which you will get achievements, as well as advise you on tips/tricks and anything else noteworthy. I suggest you read the whole thing before beginning.

First of all, this game requires only one full playthrough. This is because the achievements for difficulty setting are stackable. In other words, beating the gane on Assassin difficulty gives you credit for beating it on Agent and Trainee as well. With this in mind you have two options, play the entire game on Assassin Difficulty OR use the easier way posted HERE. I personally did the trick and was very happy with how much easier it was.

Next you need to know what to look for on your playthrough. The only collectible item in the game are passports. There are either 0, 5 or 10 passports depending on the level. There is a nice passport guide posted HERE. Once you collect a passport on a campaign, you do not need to collect it again if you die, restart, etc. I suggest making sure you are sure you have all the passports for an area before moving on because if you miss one, you have to replay the level to retrieve the missed passport. There is an achievement for getting all the passports for each level, once it unlocks, you know you've gotten them all for that level.

On the Paris Chase Level (the only car driving one) you need to get the Civic Menace and Adenaline Junkie achievements. To do this follow the achievement guide posted HERE. You can check you progress on these while playing the level by pressing start --->achievements --> driving.

Also, this game has what I call "action button sequences" (just like Kung Fu Panda for example). Basically this means that at certain times (cut scenes, takedowns) the game will prompt you to press a certain button. Failure to do so will end the mission or fail the takedown or takedown defense. Just keep this in mind as you are watching cut scenes in the game.

Personally I would not worry about getting achievements like the accuracy ones or "kill 200 people this way" ones. I'll cover those next. However, as you do your playthrough try to concentrate on headshots. Also when in hand to hand combat simply hit :xbut: and :ybut: at the same time. Everyone, even bosses will have a difficult time getting a hit on you. After your playthrough you should have the following achievements:

-Dangerous Beginning

-Dangerous Beginning Passports

-Shipyard Infiltration

-Shipyard Infiltration Passports

-Assassinate Wombosi

-Assassinate Wombosi Passports

-Eliminate Divandelen

-Eliminate Divandelen Passports

-Escape the Embassy

-Escape the Embassy Passports

-Silence Rurik

-Silence Rurik Passports

-Castel Fight

-Paris Chase

-Adrenaline Junkie

-Civic Menace

-Disarm Renard

-Disarm Renard Passports

-Survive the Professor

-Survive the Professor Passports

-Treadstone Safehouse

-Treadstone Safehouse Passports

-Treadstone Trainee

-Treadstone Agent

-Treadstone Assassin

-Collateral Damage

-Lucky Shot!

-Laser Aim

-Homebody

-Frequent Flyer

-World Traveler

Although you will probably have more than the above achievements after your playthrough, the above are what you should have at a minimum at this point. If you have more then good on you.

Continued......

Edited by Method

Next we will work on mopping up the remaining achievements. Note that the diffculty for everything past this point should be trainee. These are in the order I suggest getting them. The format will be achievements followed by the strategy to get them.

-Need Glasses

-Manual Shooter

You're going to want to replay the "Disarm Renard" level. First off DO NOT USE a shooting takedown on this level, moving on, I chose this level because it has a lot of machine gun drops. Use either your pistol or a shotgun only and do you best to kill enemies with one shot in the head. After the battles, run around the rooms picking up every machine gun and shooting it till it's empty into a wall. This will plunge your accuracy down, especially if you're getting one shot kills. Simply play through the level using this strategy and not using a shooting takedown and you'll get the two achievements above easily.

*Another method for Need Glasses is to play Shipyard Infiltration. When at the end, get in front of the ammo crate and fire and reload until your accuracy falls below 10%.

-Student of Surroundings

-Master of Environment

For these two achievements, start a replay on the "Dangerous Beginnings" level. After you defeat the first guy in an alley you'll get a checkpoint. Walk into the bar and you'll be forced to throw a guy's head into a jukebox (#1). After that a black guy with a hat on will attack you, fill up you adrenaline to the first third and draw him to the entrance of the actual bar (across from the jukebox) and do a takedown. You should slam his head into the bar entrance and break it (#2). Next a blonde white guy will fight you. Again fill your adrenaline to the first point on him and lure him to the corner (right of the jukebox) where two chairs are. Do the takedown and you'll throw him into the chairs (#3). Last a dark haired white guy will attack you. Fill up the adrenaline bar again and lure him to the middle of the bar (between the two stools). Do the takedown and you'll slam his head into the bar (#4). After taking down #4 immediately press start and reload the checkpoint. You'll start out in the alleyway outside the bar. Repeat this process until you have the Master of Environment achievement.

-Living Weapon

-30 Million Dollar Weapon

-One-Man Gang

-Wrecking Machine

For this one all you need to do is load up the "Escape the Embassy" level. In the beginning of the level, you're given a full adrenaline meter. As soon as you have control press the b button and take down all three men. Then press start and reload checkpoint. Do this until you have all 4 achievements listed above. After you do this, you will want to kill people in hand to hand without using a takedown.

-Good Shot Clustering

-Eye on the Target

-Deadeye

-Collateral Damage

-Massive Collateral Damage

For all five of these achievements load up the "Survive the Professor" level. In this level there are at least 9 explodable objects (barrels, tanks, and cars) as you make your way to the barn. Just be sure that you are carefully aiming in this level. If you think you may miss the professor while in the barn, shoot all the objects on the way there. This way if you miss once, you may not fall below 90% accuracy. To check you accuracy during the level simply press start --->achievements --> shooting. Repeat the level three times with an accuracy of at least 90% (should be 100% honestly) and you'll get Deadeye.

-Fancy Shooter

-Bullet Master

For these achievements load up a replay of the "Shipyard Infiltration" level. Then play to the middle of the level (remembering not to use hand-to-hand takedowns) until you get to the part where the game intrduces shooting takedowns. Do this then reload the checkpoint. Repeat this process over and over until you have 200 takedowns. I only had 37 at this point so at three per load it took a little time. Interestingly the pattern for the takedown was always :abut:, :bbut:, :xbut:.

-Hard Slog

One of the more annoying achievements in the game. This achievement can be done on almost any level. I did it on the first level since it's quick and you get to recharge your health halfway through the boss battle. Don't worry about the takedown you're forced to do in the bar, it doesn't count. Just don't do any others. If you accidently do a hand to hand takedown you have to restart the entire level. Simply reloading the checkpoint won't work.

-Brawler

-Pugilist

-Heavyweight

If you took my advice and stopped using hand to hand takedowns after getting the 30 Million Dollar Weapon achievement you should have somewhere around 80-100 knockouts. To get the remaining amount needed you can either replay levels and not use takedowns, or do what I did and go back to the embassy take out the first three dudes and reload the checkpoint. The Heavyweight achievement will take sometime to get, but it will come.

Congrats on your 1000/1000. Please post if you have faster methods, or have a way to improve the map. Thanks!

Edited by Method

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd chime in and say that you can also obtain explodable objects while doing Method's trick for Shooting takedowns on the "Shipyard Infiltration" level.

Every time you do the first shooting takedown, the final kill is obtained by shooting a car's gas tank. This kill counts as both a shooting takedown kill and an explodable object.

For the accuracy achievements, there is a little "trick" you can use if you are having trouble keeping your accuracy up (although Method's description works flawlessly). After the checkpoint where you boost up into the barn loft, you can shoot the two barrels in the loft (after the button pressing explosion). Shooting explodables will actually help your accuracy, so feel free to keep reloading this checkpoint over and over to shoot the barrels, and repeat. Doing this a bunch of times will dilute the effects that a missed shot on the professor would have.

Edited by Semp Pi

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
You can get Hard Slog on the first level, and it requires you to use the B button to do the contextual takedown in the bar. Your logic is a little flawed there.

My logic isn't flawed. To quote myself:

Don't worry about the takedown you're forced to do in the bar, it doesn't count. Just don't do any others. If you accidently do a hand to hand takedown you have to restart the entire level. Simply reloading the checkpoint won't work.

Is there a way to find out how many kills you have of each type (shooting, contextual, etc)?

Press Start---->achievements and them use the tab you want to check your stats.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...