Your first M-rated game you played.

TVthePunisher

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when a friend of mine (who is a few years older than me) bought Resident Evil 2 and I refused to watch him play it because I was so terrified when I saw it.

I had no problem playing the first 2, but when it came to Nemesis I shit myself! Haha. I dunno why, but something about him scared me. It's like I was in the game and I was terrified of him killing me.. Though I suppose it could have had something to do with the fact that I was only about 10 or something :rolleyes: lol

I honestly don't remember what my first M-rated game was once they actually introduced the system.

However, I do remember the first game I played that would have been an M-rated (or higher) game had the system existed:

The original Leisure Suit Larry. I played it on the Apple IIe when I was no more then 5 years old. You had to answer a bunch of questions to "prove" your age before the game would load up. They were basically pop-culture/political questions about the 60s and 70s.

Edited by bigbear.

Duke nukem 3D at school. The first one i owned was probably GTA 3. My childhood was very protected. I remember once i called a game store to buy soldier of fortune. I was underaged so they told me to ask my mom to give permission. She didn't come to the phone while i threw a tantrum and told em ill call you back :p Then i called later with a sad voice and said "ill take Dead or alive 2" :)

Sometimes i wonder if they still remember me at that store. Its still running and i buy most of my games from there.

My first mature game I played was arcade/snes mortal kombat in 1992 when I was 9 but esrb and rating pending wasn't invented until a year later so technically, mortal kombat 2 for snes was my first mature game. My mom know about violence and bloody games and let me and my brothers play any mature games for snes back in early 1990's. It's pretty much common sense to know what's reality and fantasy in general from my mom's persceptive so she trusted us that we know what we were doing and grow up fine as dandy.