Achievement Guide & Roadmap

acdougla17

So the BAP trophy achievements, for the Norris, Selke, etc.... does the difficulty have to remain on pro? I assume you can sim?

What is the quickest/easiest ways to go about getting something like the Norris if you don't care much about playing D? I just played two games, it took nearly an hour... a whole season for the one achievement will be some grind.

Edited by mgftp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the BAP trophy achievements, for the Norris, Selke, etc.... does the difficulty have to remain on pro? I assume you can sim?

What is the quickest/easiest ways to go about getting something like the Norris if you don't care much about playing D? I just played two games, it took nearly an hour... a whole season for the one achievement will be some grind.

I can confirm that difficulty can be on Rookie. What I did was simulate 4 games, then every 5th game I would sim the first 2 periods and play the 3rd. Finished the year with like 120 points and I won all the trophies except for the vezina and selke. I think it took me about 3 hours to make it through 1 season.

Put all the sliders in your favor, 4 minute periods, and just snipe wrist shots from all over.

Edited by acdougla17

What acdougla said pretty much. What I did is went on Rookie, and turned the sliders in my favor, simmed to ten minutes left in the third (4 Minute Periods) and I would take the puck and skate straight up the ice, hold it right then bring it left side (forehand) of the goalie and score. Would grab a minimum of 5 points, and each game took me 5 minutes, give or take a minute, depending on point total. I played around 50-60 games that way, cause I am looking to unlock boost slots as well.

If you set your mind to it, i bet you can finish a season in 2-3 hours easy, make sure you get the point a game average atleast though to garuntee a Norris.

One problem I am having now, is i chose a power forward for my offensive, and his card won't level up because i can't hit with him. He keeps collapsing when he tries to make a big hit. 85strength, 95 bodychecking, and 87 balance with a good 6"4 215lb frame you think would be able to hit, but I cant :(

I am playing all today, I will post back here what I find. I just put in for a trade, so hopefully Edmonton will realise my 7Goals a game average is really bad and get rid of me, lol.

I haven't managed to get traded yet, so any info on that? All I got from my coach was a comment on how a washing machine is worth more than me, and I recieved a demotion to the third line....

[quote=acdougla17;5262893

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2277/-zfWPQ==.jpgLead By Example 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

As captain or assistant captain, be named one of the 3 stars during EASHL match

Make sure you are one of the captains before an EASHL game starts. Now you just need to be one of the 3 stars. This is usually the 3 players who scored the most points during the game.

Last point of the night. It may or may not be worth knowing that Your GM has to appoint you captain/Assistant C. I know I am a fool, but I spent 10ish games repeatedly playing as the captain of the pregame lobby area wondering why on earth I couldn't get the achievement. It was only when my GM accidently stumbled across that option that we figured it out.

So I managed to get traded again, this time in the NHL and no achievement.

Then I started a new Be A Pro, got traded and the achievement unlocked.

To get traded, you need to play through 1 full season. Even if you have 100 points in 10 games, the coach will say you arent worth anything until the 1st season is over.

I can confirm that difficulty can be on Rookie. What I did was simulate 4 games, then every 5th game I would sim the first 2 periods and play the 3rd. Finished the year with like 120 points and I won all the trophies except for the vezina and selke. I think it took me about 3 hours to make it through 1 season.

Put all the sliders in your favor, 4 minute periods, and just snipe wrist shots from all over.

What acdougla said pretty much. What I did is went on Rookie, and turned the sliders in my favor, simmed to ten minutes left in the third (4 Minute Periods) and I would take the puck and skate straight up the ice, hold it right then bring it left side (forehand) of the goalie and score. Would grab a minimum of 5 points, and each game took me 5 minutes, give or take a minute, depending on point total. I played around 50-60 games that way, cause I am looking to unlock boost slots as well.

If you set your mind to it, i bet you can finish a season in 2-3 hours easy, make sure you get the point a game average atleast though to garuntee a Norris.

Thanks guys that helps a lot. I guess I will make up a new BAP since I am only two games in a set the difficulty to rookie and sim as much as I can while maintaining a good point total.

Will boost slot stuff unlock on rookie settings as well? I want to make sure I unlock all those as I go along.

When starting a BAP picking an NHL team is it just luck of the draw if you get to play preseason in the NHL or get sent down directly? I have had both happen, with the same player type and position on the same team. I thought I could get called up pretty auickly but I am over 10 games in and nothing yet, leading the AHL in scoring and +/- as a Dman. Wondering if I should just start another and hope I can play NHL preseason to prove myself.

When starting a BAP picking an NHL team is it just luck of the draw if you get to play preseason in the NHL or get sent down directly? I have had both happen, with the same player type and position on the same team. I thought I could get called up pretty auickly but I am over 10 games in and nothing yet, leading the AHL in scoring and +/- as a Dman. Wondering if I should just start another and hope I can play NHL preseason to prove myself.

Try joining a team that has less Dmen. When you are selecting your team it shows you how many of that position they already have. If you do good in the preseason, you almost always start in the NHL (though I have been sent down to the AHL even while leading the NHL in scoring over halfway through the season).

Try joining a team that has less Dmen. When you are selecting your team it shows you how many of that position they already have. If you do good in the preseason, you almost always start in the NHL (though I have been sent down to the AHL even while leading the NHL in scoring over halfway through the season).

Yea that makes sense. I think its just very odd how I joined the same team and had two different scenarios..... oh well, give it till the end of December in the AHL and if I dont get called up I'll just start up a new one and make sure I can play some preseason that time around.

Yea that makes sense. I think its just very odd how I joined the same team and had two different scenarios..... oh well, give it till the end of December in the AHL and if I dont get called up I'll just start up a new one and make sure I can play some preseason that time around.

As D, pick a team you know has terrible D, you are way less likely to be sent down. Boost slots unlock on rookie, only one i know of requires pro. If you are changing the sliders you might as well go pro anyway.

Could you give a little more insight on the "Play through the Pain" achievement, because in this game you're unable to run into the boards unless you miss the hit on a person with the puck and be barely inches away from him.

I got a bit lucky with this, as it was an accident, but the way suggest with this game is get in front of my team mates (Defenseman') slap shot. With the slider's adjusted, I could easily throw a pass to the D and skate in front of it every time, it's just a matter of if it would injure or not.

Regarding Trading.

I won the stanley cup and every trophy except Selke... But They still won't trade me. I am still worth as much as a kitchen sink apparantely. Any card requirements or anything else to suggest?

Edited by DuCLuX

As D, pick a team you know has terrible D, you are way less likely to be sent down. Boost slots unlock on rookie, only one i know of requires pro. If you are changing the sliders you might as well go pro anyway.

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately I have much more fun playing for the team I root for and their D is deep. Oh well, it seems your player's rating comes into effect as much as or more than performance so worst comes to worst I will rank my guy up and just get it next season. I just got sent back to the AHL for a second time even though I lead the team in every stat only playing 1/3 of the games in the NHL since they refuse to keep me!

Speaking of that, for boost unlocks that say "complete a season of BAP blah blah playing at least 40 games".... do those games have to be in the NHL or will AHL games count towards that?

I got a bit lucky with this, as it was an accident, but the way suggest with this game is get in front of my team mates (Defenseman') slap shot. With the slider's adjusted, I could easily throw a pass to the D and skate in front of it every time, it's just a matter of if it would injure or not.

did you use a forward for this or a defender, because with my defender I can't seem to get across the ice in time be hit with a shot.

did you use a forward for this or a defender, because with my defender I can't seem to get across the ice in time be hit with a shot.

I used a forward. Skate right up to your partner and tap him the puck maybe? I dunno, I was in front of the net, threw it out to point and it came back and hit me. That's really all I had to do.

Speaking of that, for boost unlocks that say "complete a season of BAP blah blah playing at least 40 games".... do those games have to be in the NHL or will AHL games count towards that?

I am certain they must be NHL, as you cant wint a trophy (most of them are trophy) based on your games from the AHL anyway. The ones that aren't trophy related I believe still are NHL only, but I am not sure for this, as I haven't played AHL yet. Pays to favorite the shit team, lol.

Thanks for the awesome guide, has helped a lot all ready.

Question - is this achievement online only or can it be done single player?

HUT Playoff Winner 40http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Win any Hockey Ultimate Team monthly playoff tournament

After qualifying for the HUT playoffs, you will need to win 4 playoff games in a row to win the playoffs. If this is anything like NHL 12, then DNF wins will NOT count towards your 4 victories, however when searching for a playoff game, you had the ability to match up against people that were searching for regular matches.

Thanks for the awesome guide, has helped a lot all ready.

Question - is this achievement online only or can it be done single player?

HUT Playoff Winner 40http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Win any Hockey Ultimate Team monthly playoff tournament

After qualifying for the HUT playoffs, you will need to win 4 playoff games in a row to win the playoffs. If this is anything like NHL 12, then DNF wins will NOT count towards your 4 victories, however when searching for a playoff game, you had the ability to match up against people that were searching for regular matches.

If its the same as NHL 11 & 12, then this is an online achievement and I expect that it is.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2277/5-9xaXg=.jpgPuck Puck Goose Egg 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Win the Vezina Trophy in Be A Pro with a Created Pro

The Vezina Trophy is awarded to the best goalie during the regular season. You will want to have the most wins, highest save %, and lowest GAA to be guaranteed this trophy. This one could be annoying if you don’t enjoy playing as goalie. To start off we are going to edit the rosters. Put all the Legends on the team of your choice (let's use Detroit for example). Now you are going to take all the goalies from your team (Detroit) and swap them out for goalies from the DEL league with 40 or 50 overalls (DO NOT SWAP WITH PLAYERS FROM THE FREE AGENTS). You are going to do the same thing with the goalies from the AHL affiliate (Grand Rapid Griffins). This makes it so you are the "best" goalie in your teams system and you shouldn't get randomly sent down to the AHL.

Now start Be A Pro as a goalie on the team we just modified. In the preseason, play the first period of the first 2 games. This should make you set for the role as starter in the regular season. Once you make it to the regular season, make sure you SAVE THE GAME

My rule while going for this, was to NEVER allow more than 2 goals in a game. So for the first game of the season, start the game and play for about 5 minutes and then quit. The game will autosim the rest of it and if your team won and the other team scored 2 goals or less, then SAVE THE GAME. Now you should be able to sim the next 2-3 games without playing at all. Just do 1 game at a time and if the other team scored more than 2 goals, reload your last save. Make sure you are saving after every successful game. If you haven't played in the past 3 games or so, the coach will tell you he is not giving you as many starts. THIS IS BAD so you are going to need to reload your last save and play that game. The good news is that you don't need play the whole game, just hang around for 5-10 minutes and then quit. Keep doing this process of simulating 1 game at a time and only saving when you have good stats. I would recommend alternating save slots encase you need to fallback on an older one. As long as you have the best GAA and SV%, you should win the Vezina. But you should also shoot for the most wins. This can be a long process but at least you don't have to actually play as goalie.

My stats when I won it.

70GP / 62 Wins / 1 Loss / 1OTL

1.26GAA / 94.91 Sv% / 8 Shutouts

5 goalies had more shutouts than me (Carey Price had 12) but with all the other stats I was able to win the Vezina.

How do you edit the rosters?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2277/5-1QYM0=.jpgAre You Kidding Me? 15http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Hit the post 3 times in 1 game in Be A Pro with a Created Pro

This is a slightly lucky achievement but its not too bad. Make sure the Shot Accuracy slider isn't all the way up (but all other sliders are in your favor). You should be able to easily get 50 shots on net with only 4 minute periods, and you are bound to hit the post multiple times. Just try to take long range shots from just inside the blue line and aim for the corners.

Thought this acheivement was glitched, had to hit the post 4 times.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/2277/5-kSc6c=.jpgPlay Through the Pain 10http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Score a goal while injured in Be A Pro with a Created Pro

Make sure you turn up the injury slider before going for this. Start up a game and continuously run into the boards at full speed. It shouldn’t take long before you injure yourself. As long as it’s not too serious, keep on playing and score a goal. It’s ok if you don’t score during the current game as most likely the injury will carry over to the next game. You could also try simulating until your player gets injured.

Tried playing games and scoring with a playable injury but still no achievement. Does this have to be in the game you get the injury?