Achievement Discussion

Krazie

I think youre confusing yourself. Return to Castle Wolfenstein was released in 2001 and had a SP component developed by grey matter(Now Treyarch, developer of CoD3/5), and a Multiplayer component developed by Nerve Software.

The multiplayer was a giant hit, so much so that they released a version for the xbox in 2003. It ended up being the most played game on XBL for quite some time, and got very positive reviews for its MP component. A version for the ps2 came out also, but only had single player because psn wasnt really that big back then.

Then in 2003, splash damage(Guys who worked on enemy territory: quake wars and are now working on brink with bethesda games) worked on a expansion pack for PC to RTCW, they named it Return To Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. This was meant to be a full retail release, but they could never finish the SP so it released for free as a MP only title.

RTCW AND RTCW:ET Both had multiplayer.

OK I stand corrected as I checked the MANUAL for RTCW I see there is MP there. Did play some on the PC but could never really get into the game because no one ever worked together as a team.

Shame there's so many MP cheevos on this, I wish more points were on offer for the SP. I mean completing the game on Uber is going to be tough and the reward for that is pretty shit.

Now I played RTCW and RTCW:ET on the PC 6 or so years ago and both SP and MP were excellent. But my concern is the sad reality of the MP situation for Wolfenstein is that the majority of FPS gamers are going to move to COD6 when that is out (not long after Wolfenstein release). Unless the MP is really kickass and can emulate the brilliance of RTCW:ET and can give COD a run for its money, the MP will just resort into a boosting session.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's gonna be 2 monthes max multiplaying this and then everyone will abandon Wolfenstain for MW2 and it will be hard to get any matches at all. Poor sad developers for thinking that they can actually compete with games like CoD, Halo and GoW with their multiplayer part of game. Why not to focus on different single player approach to give more replayability to it? They never learn from their and other developer mistakes.

Still i will take at least game's PC version to play single player campaign and maybe see a little bit of multiplayer.

As far as the multiplayer achievements go, can any of them be done on unranked/player matches?

I would only assume that the Rank 25 and Rank 50 achievements (if those are the numbers in the description) would need ranked matches.

I was wondering about the wording too. There's no mention of ranked matches in any of the mp achievement descriptions. Might turn out to be pretty easy to boost most of the more annoying/time consuming looking ones (revives, giving health packs, etc).

Was really looking forward to this game but I must say that these achievements put me off slightly. As mentioned earlier there is a great risk that the online community will be brief lived at best and then everything will turn into boosting sessions.

Will still get the game though but I really wish more developers would focus more on SP achievements. MP achievements can really ruin online play when the community is very limited and everyone wants to boost something.

these achievements suck. all multiplayer, and the few campaign ones are both crazy and give hardly any points. A difficult 1000 most likely. Beating the game gets you 10 points :(

But beating it under 12 hours gets you 30G. And trust me, beating it under 12 hours is VERY achievable. I clocked in at about 9 hours, and I spent the first couple hours looking everywhere for hidden stuff.

Conservationist is going to be a tough one though.

EDIT: Nevermind, Conservationist is actually incredibly easy. Once you have a Kar98 with a bayonet upgrade and you have the Mire power just go play through Dig Site (one of the shorter missionsin the game) again. every time you see enemies just slow down time using Mire and run around stabbing everyone.

*Officer's House is a shorter mission, but I went through it twice using the same strategy as above and the achievement didn't unlock*

Edited by FakePlasticTree

So it's gonna be 2 monthes max multiplaying this and then everyone will abandon Wolfenstain for MW2 and it will be hard to get any matches at all. Poor sad developers for thinking that they can actually compete with games like CoD, Halo and GoW with their multiplayer part of game. Why not to focus on different single player approach to give more replayability to it? They never learn from their and other developer mistakes.

Still i will take at least game's PC version to play single player campaign and maybe see a little bit of multiplayer.

because "multiplayer" makes a nice bulletpoint on the back of the game package. and developers think that people keep mp-games longer and don't resell them after they're throught with the campaign. :)

but there are exceptions: RFG and QoS multiplayer are rock-solid and crowded. (and feature less cheaters than CoD or GoW)

Has anyone found the hidden stuff? I'm struggling to find the last few tomes and a couple pieces of gold on various levels.

Also, there's an achievement for completing the midtown missions. What missions are these? I have talked to almost everyone and none of them offer missions for me.

Look on your map and go through each section and you will find a green question mark which is labeled in the legend on the right side of the map. Go to those people for the quest.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I am trying to get the two achievements of spending over an hour in Mire and over two hours in veil. I have been sitting in a Veil recharge constantly turning on Mire. It has been over an hour in game time (this is on top of all the other times I have used it) and neither have unlocked. Any tips?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
So is it possible to get the full 1000 points in this game or is the online still glitchy???

It's possible to get the full 1000 points. When you are boosting up to rank 50, whenever you're in a lobby, make sure you are the correct rank. Sometimes when you load up the game and go right into the lobby, your rank is at one but you just have to back out and go to the Leaderboards and everything will be fine. If you finish that game, though, then that will be your new rank.

It's possible to get the full 1000 points. When you are boosting up to rank 50, whenever you're in a lobby, make sure you are the correct rank. Sometimes when you load up the game and go right into the lobby, your rank is at one but you just have to back out and go to the Leaderboards and everything will be fine. If you finish that game, though, then that will be your new rank.

Not true. They fixed the rank reset problem.

• 3 years later...