Falling/stuck glitch fix. Works! Please sticky.

Lord Nikecon

First of all, I do not take credit for this fix, it was sent to me in a message from FELIX1771 who found it on the lionhead forums.

How to fix it: All you have to do is get someone to join your game, have them go to the load menu/sanc. Then they dashboard out, you stay in their load room and after it registers that they've left you get booted to the main room in the sanctuary, then fast travel out of there and you're good to keep going!

EDIT: I forgot to mention (not sure if it happens to everyone) whenever I hit start after that it always went to the pause menu, never the sanctuary, so I saved then reloaded and it worked fine after that.

It worked for me, and I was stuck falling under the castle. So thanks for sharing this FELIX1771.

Anyone who is stuck, send me a message and I'll help you out. I know how it feels to not be able to do anything.

Edited by Lord Nikecon

First of all, I do not take credit for this fix, it was sent to me in a message from FELIX1771 who found it on the lionhead forums.

How to fix it: All you have to do is get someone to join your game, have them go to the load menu/sanc. Then they dashboard out, you stay in their load room and after it registers that they've left you get booted to the main room in the sanctuary, then fast travel out of there and you're good to keep going!

It worked for me, and I was stuck falling under the castle. So thanks for sharing this FELIX1771.

Anyone who is stuck, send me a message and I'll help you out. I know how it feels to not be able to do anything.

thats really handy to know, one of the most troubling problems i had was opening loads of gifts went back into the world and it kept spamming the menu screen and my charc couldn't move, but in the sanct was fine, even tried fast travelling and it didn't work so i had to save and reload was fine after that but man was i freaked out, specially when i had someone elses legendarys for the achieves.

Has happened to me twice. Some wierd spasm when data comes or goes from your world. The entire Multi-player mechanic is glitched and laggy.
I'd say it's glitched. xD I can't join random games through the sanctuary. Says something about my network, so I checked, seemed fine. It worked a bunch of times before, just not lately. ._. Anyone else having that problem?

sadly this fix is not working for me, I remain glitched under the castle. im 3 achievements away from 1000 and not going to be happy if I need to restart...

Hm. :/ Did you want me to try and help you out?

nikecon - same with me mate since the update ive not been able to join a random game, i kep getting told ive got network problems.

Ah, well I'm glad it's not my network then. Hopefully they'll fix this soon. I wanted to get that we can be heroes achievement. ><

i had it afew times but i could still join games didn't totally rule me out some reason.

I wonder why it still works for you. O.o

..... where were you 5 days ago.... Lol i got stuck under sand and i had to start over T.T Was only 3 silver keys, gnomes, a 2 books away from all of the achievements. But im glad you found a way to fix it.

Lol well I didn't figure this fix out, someone messaged it to me and they found it on the lionhead forums, no idea who to thank lol. I know how you feel though. I got stuck under chillbreath caverns and none of the fixes I knew at that time worked. So I restarted. xD

just got hit by this glitch and the fix didn't work for me either.

it won't go to the sanctuary for the other person in my game. goes to the pause menu for them, too. :(

oh well. i prefer my good cahracter (who this happened to) but i guess i'll just use my brother's profile to transfer everything from her to my evil guy (since after that playthrough i transferred everything back to my girl for clothing/weapon achievement progress). until/unless this (hopefully) gets fixed/patched at least.

Neat find. Now if only they could fix the glitch keeping me from walking across the invisible platform in the Crossroads passing, one stupid gold key away from the achievement and it glitches out :mad:

I don't remember an invisible platform in there (or.. anywhere for that matter). And I just did it for the second time a couple of days ago.

Hm. :/ Did you want me to try and help you out?

Ah, well I'm glad it's not my network then. Hopefully they'll fix this soon. I wanted to get that we can be heroes achievement. ><

I wonder why it still works for you. O.o

Lol well I didn't figure this fix out, someone messaged it to me and they found it on the lionhead forums, no idea who to thank lol. I know how you feel though. I got stuck under chillbreath caverns and none of the fixes I knew at that time worked. So I restarted. xD

i honestly don't know, recently games ive joined, ive had no issues with any of the problems ive had in my games before. Just thankful my game didn't corrupt after spam opening gifts from someone for the achievement that would have been really bad.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this, but here is my problem: My friend is stuck under Castle Bowerstone. I joined his game, but we couldn't go to my sanctuary or his... Why is this not working. Ive done this many other ways and it still comes up unfixable for him.

Edited by Oceans4Ransom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I will reward anyone willing to join my game and help me with this exact problem.

If I understand right, you will need to have installed the same DLC I have, which includes both additional quest packs, the dog breed pack, and the free DLC. If you have additional content, you may have to temporarily uninstall it and create a new character with content matching only the above criteria.

Would be happy to give up to 2 million gold, rare gems, rare weapons ...

Just don't want to lose all my progress on this character. Please help. Thanks in advance.

LIVE ID is "metaspiral"

Edited by metaspiral