FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

For those who were wondering, player potentials are merely a guideline to what players can reach e.g. Hugo Lloris said to max at 91, yet I bought him at 91 and has gone up to 92 within 10 games, and a few other of my players such as Memphis Depay, Zhano Ananidze are at 86, which is already past their expected 85 potential, and they are 22 and 25 respectively, meaning they still have ample time to grow even more. One thing I've noticed on how to check when a player is still growing well is to check your squad report and see how their individual stats are progressing. In a case where only 4 or 5 stats are increasing it means that player is reaching his max, but when all the stats are increasing it means that player is still in the process of growing.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can I get an offer from a big club in manager mode?

I like working my way from the bottom but I only get offers from other small teams.

I wish EA brings back the manager prestige thing.

I started a manager career with fleetwood town awhile ago and only after getting them from npower league two to championship level did I start getting higher job offers. So the lower league you are and low team, the lower job offers you will get in the beginning. I'm at my 6th season now and still no job from either barca or madrid. Just hang in there.

I've finished my 5th season as Brisbane Roar and won the premier league for a second time after being promoted from npower league 2. I lost to Dortmund in the champions league semi finals, but already reached the knockout stages of this season's champion league. Over the last two seasons in the premier league I managed to buy top quality players such as Gareth Bale (90), Lucas from Sau Paulo (89), Hugo Lloris (92). But it seems the better players you buy the more difficult the opposition becomes..

last time i played carreer with the spurs i bought Aubemeyang for his original worth that time ( 12 million) and i scored like 40 times with him and barcelona did a bid on aubemeyang and that was 15mil so i was in a trolly mood so i putted 35million as a counter bid and they accepted that... that really maked me laughing.

^^ Just curious -- Brisbane Roar are in the A-League (Australia). So, how were they in League 2? Are you playing with custom leagues?

Yip, just swapped Brisbane Roar with York City, seeing that brisbane is also a relatively weak team that fitted nicely with the rest of league two. Only difference is that brisbane strats with a 1.6mil transfer bugdet, but its still very low.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, just a small update of my career with Ajax which I recently picked up again. Going to show which players have grown great/beyond their potential

Tomas Kalas - 88 CB

This guy is, in one word, insane. Nearly godlike. He is now 23 years old and the best defender in the world in terms of both overall and stats. He now has 86 Pace and 98 Strength, leaving almost every attacker in the world with no chance whatsoever.

Bought for: €4.5 million from Vitesse

Value: €29.5 million

Highest offer: €50.5 million from PSG (rejected)

People, for the last time; buy him in every career! He is a monster!

Karim Rekik - 79 CB

While his defensive stats aren't as great as Kalas', in physical terms he's incredible as well. 21 years old, 84 Pace and 95 Strength. Basically, I have a central defence of pacey tanks

Bought for: €2 million from Manchester City

Value: €8 million

Highest offer: €18 million by Barcelona (rejected)

Niklas Barkroth - 79 ST

While rated ''only'' 79, he's a beast. He has 96 Pace and 93 Dribbling. His Finishing is ''only'' 82, but he does have 90 Shot Power and 88 Curve.

Bought for: €400k from IFK Goteborg

Value: €14.5 million

Highest offer: €16 million by Tottenham (rejected)

Marcos Junior - 83 CF

23 years old, 97 Pace, 90 Dribbling and 89 Finishing. It's a shame he's got only 69 Stamina, otherwise he'd be playing 90 minute matches all year.

Bought for: €4.5 million from Fluminense

Value: €15 million

Highest offer: €18 million by Bayern Munich (rejected)

Lucas Piazon - 85 LW

Piazon decided to be 85 overall by the time he was 22. 92 Pace and 86 Dribbling. His potential is supposed to be 85, but I can still see him grow.

Bought for: €1.5 million from Chelsea

Value: €40 million

Highest offer: €45 million by PSG (rejected)

Viktor Fischer - 82 LW

22 years old, 84 Pace, 85 Dribbling and a potential of 87. He's gonna be competition for Lucas Piazon.

Bought for: Already had him

Value: €21.5 million

Highest offer: None

Biagio Pagani - 84 ST

A computer generated player who is just like Kalas: insane beyond words. He is 20 years old, Has 96 Pace, 80 Dribbling and 88 Finishing. Plus, he's 184 cm long giving him some strength for challenges as well.

Bought for: €10 million

Value: €42.5 million

Highest offer: €50.5 million from Barcelona (rejected)

Alejandro Jimenez Tejada - 80 CM

Central midfielder of 20 years old who is on his way to become my starting playmaker. 90 Pace, 83 Dribbling and 83 Passing. With 179 cm he also isn't even that small.

Bought for: €28.000 (scouted player)

Value: €20.5 million

Highest offer: None

At this moment, I have 4 players in my club who do not have ''high-potential'' status anymore. I am really looking forward to see all my players grow further and eventually have a 5* team build up with young, high-potential players.

Also, to prove the financial succes of this career, my transfer budget as it is right now;

Transfer Budget: €151 million

Wage budget: €640k

And over €150 million of transfer value in my club.

So guys, you know what to do next time in career:drunk

DENIZ AYCICEK

22 YEARS OLD - CAM - 58 OVR

HANNOVER 96

Why buy him you're thinking...POTENTIAL. I have no idea how but after buying Aycicek for £200k his OVR has rocketed to a point where he is now 87 OVR after only TWO seasons. He is now worth £28.5 million and here are his top stats:

95 Short Pass

93 Dribbling

92 Ball Control

91 Shot Power

90 Vision

88 Reactions

88 Att. Position

86 Long Pass

83 Long Shots

+Throw in 5* weak foot and you have a BEAST! :woop:

DENIZ AYCICEK

22 YEARS OLD - CAM - 58 OVR

HANNOVER 96

Why buy him you're thinking...POTENTIAL. I have no idea how but after buying Aycicek for £200k his OVR has rocketed to a point where he is now 87 OVR after only TWO seasons. He is now worth £28.5 million and here are his top stats:

95 Short Pass

93 Dribbling

92 Ball Control

91 Shot Power

90 Vision

88 Reactions

88 Att. Position

86 Long Pass

83 Long Shots

+Throw in 5* weak foot and you have a BEAST! :woop:

true story BUT do not purchase him during your first season, even if you play him every game he WILL NOT grow that much, he seems to be one of these "Glitch" players that have an insane rating after 1-2 seasons

I came across another one of those "weird" players in my 5th season. For the life of me, I can't remember his name though. =/ I'll have to check tonight and post it, but I know he plays in La Liga, he's 26 (so, he's probably 21 currently), I think he plays for Athletic Bilbao (??) and he's now rated the 3rd highest player in the game with an overall of 92. (Behind Messi & Lloris)

true story BUT do not purchase him during your first season, even if you play him every game he WILL NOT grow that much, he seems to be one of these "Glitch" players that have an insane rating after 1-2 seasons

Damn it! I heard about his incredible stat rises and bought him in my first season at Fleetwood Town. He was useless and hit is early, low cap and never got past it.

Still, my front line of Neymar (92) and Hume (fictional striker) (also 92) make up for it.

Just started a career with tranmere rovers and only have a transfer budget of 300k. Got any suggestions for players i should get? :)

A quick read through the thread, especially Boomerang Cat's output will serve you right.

Buy Deniz Aycicek in the 2nd season and not the first as well...

i got shrewsbury town into the prem this is my team

lindergaard 79

christie 67 (he speedster and only 19)

manga 82

vlaar 79

??? forgot

jon taylor 71

nzonzi 82

adam johnson 82

weiser 71 loanee

icardi 75 loanee

maggio 72 signed from free agents

i have a lot of young scouted players

gavin blyth 73

lasse andreasen 72

think im in my forth season now and i was searching for young talent and malaga had this 19yr old striker called torres belen? he was rated 92 its pretty insane how good he is. i also found a defender called da silva fernandez cant remember where from but hes went up to 93 after a season or so.

Oh shit. :blunt I started a new career and bought him in the first season. He has gone up to 68 after 1 season though so is it still possible for him to get that high potential or am I screwed? Hope it isn't the latter...

Probably something I should've posted when I actually started, but I am in a Bristol City career mode, in my fourth season. This is something where I haven't played any games, just simming.

1st Season: 11th in Championship

2nd Season: 2nd in Championship (Promoted)

3rd Season: A respectable 12th in the Premier League

My Team is: (Name - Rating (Increase from start) - Value (when signed))

GK: Tom Heaton - 78 (68) - £3m (From the start)

RB: Brendan Moloney - 74 (62) - £1.4m (From the start)

CB: Craig Dawson - 75 (68) - £1.8m (Start of 4th season)

CB: Tim Ream - 77 (70) - £2.2m (January, 2nd season)

LB: Greg Cunningham - 76 (68) - £2.2m (From the start)

RM: Paul Anderson - 77 (66) - £2.7m (From the start)

CM: Liam Kelly - 80 (68) - £5.5m (From the start)

CM: Michael Jacobs - 77 (63) - £3m (Start of 3rd season)

LM: Callum McManaman - 74 (68) - £2.1m (Start of 4th season)

ST: Maxamillian Beister - 76 (73) - £3.8m (Start of 4th season)

ST: Steven Davies - 79 (69) - £4.6m (From the Start)

SUBS

David Nugent - 72 (72) - £1.3m (Start of 3rd season)

Will Hughes - 74 (60) - £4.6m (January, 3rd season) ONLY 20 Y/O

Ashley Westwood - 73 (65) - £1.1m (Start of 3rd season)

Elliott Bennett - 73 (69) - £1.4m (Start of 4th season)

Oliver Norwood - 71 (65) - £1m (Start of 4th season)

Adrian Mariappa - 75 (73) - £1.6m (Start of 3rd season)

Gabriel Agbonlahor - 74 (74) - £2.3m (Start of 3rd season)

As you can see, a lot of the players have grown a lot, looking forward to seeing the future rating of Will Hughes

The numbers in brackets are the ratings at the start of the 1st season, went through all the teams and looked for them.

I am going to start a new career with a different team, just need to pick a team, but will still carry this one on :)

Oh shit. :blunt I started a new career and bought him in the first season. He has gone up to 68 after 1 season though so is it still possible for him to get that high potential or am I screwed? Hope it isn't the latter...

Nope, he's stuck like that. Happened to me as well :-(

Nope, he's stuck like that. Happened to me as well :-(

:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.....ooooooo...oo!!!

It takes a lot of work, but now that I have read this forum and worked the system long enough, I just added El Shaaraway and James Rodriguez and Szczęsny to my club that already had Neymar and Adryan.

Only frustration now, of course, is that I obviously can't be promoted nor play in the Champions League. But having become a 5-star team means that I no longer have issues convincing top Euro players to come over. Until that time, I found that bringing the best underrated Brazilians and Mexicans up to the US was the best way to build (Lucas, Cassio, Espericueta, Neymar, Adryan, etc.)

End of January update for me (Bristol City, 4th season)

Transfers:

In: Scott Allan - 2.5m WBA

Samuel Umtiti - 1.4m + Ben Mee - Lyon

Andreas Weimann - 1.4 + Gabby Agbonlahor - Aston Villa

Out: Ashley Westwood - 750k - Aston Villa

Joe Bryan - 650k - Leeds

Paul Anderson - 3.9m - Manchester City

Current team is: (Name - rating (increase from start of season) - value)

GK: Tom Heaton - 79(+1) - 3m

RB: Brendan Moloney - 76(+2) - 2.2m

CB: Craig Dawson - 76(+1) - 2.5m

CB: Tim Ream - 79(+2) - 3.2m

LB: Greg Cunningham - 78(+2) - 3.2m

RM: Liam Kelly - 81(+1) - 5.5m

CM: Will Hughes - 76(+3) - 6.5m

CM: Scott Allan - 77(+1) - 3.3m

LM: Michael Jacobs - 79(+2) - 4.3m

ST: Maximillian Beister - 78(+2) - 4.6m

ST: Steven Davies - 81(+2) - 6.5m

Subs:

Oliver Norwood - 73(+2) - 1.3m

Adrian Mariappa - 75(0) - 1.5m

Jordan Ibe - 66(+3) - Loan

Samuel Umtiti - 74(0) - 3.4m

Andreas Weimann - 76(+1) - 3.8m

Callum McManaman - 76(+3) - 2.7m

Elliott Bennett - 73(0) - 1.4m

Heaton, Davies, Jacobs and Dawson have all been called into the England squad as well :)

Nearing the end of the season so will have that ready soon, most likely

Something I really enjoy doing is bringing one team from another league and putting them into the Npower League 2 and working my way up to the premier league and ultimately champions league. However, simming games is easy compared to actually playing each and every game, considering in league 2 there are 46 league games, and roughly 10 more cup games which includes Capital one, FA Cup and the J Paint Trophy, and sometimes the play-offs as well. So in one season I can potentially play 60+ games, which takes up days to do.

Anyway, I started a career with FC Sion, and since playing on world class I found it very difficult with a low rated team and struggled a lot early on, but the inconsistancy in league 2 teams helped me to sneak to a narrowly won league title, and my second season started just as dry, with fans treatening me and telling me I need improvements at the back with some added suggestions... which I also didn't understand, because they tell you to buy Vertongen, which cost 8m, and yet they know i only have a 2m transfer bugdet?

My biggest problem i noted was that my teams keeper was somehow glitched. And you would probly think it's world class and I don't know how to defend, but if you could see what my keeper does, you say to yourself: "it's almost like playing Hitman Fifa, every time the ball goes to the keeper I pop him in the head and he falls like a sack of potatoes", because that's honestly what happens every time someone shoots or heads the ball to the keeper. He looks like a citten being freightened and desperately tries to punch the ball whilst falling backwards.

So how do I know that it's a glitch? Well im a fan of awesome kits, and FC Sion has on of those awesome kits, except my keeper. For home he has a plain purple, and by purple I mean ugly pink shirt, but the away kit or his second kit is yellow with all the sponsors and stuff. But starting my secong season i noticed his yellow shirt no longer had the sponsors and the stuffs, so... yip, that's my conclusion. After 4 keepers in as little as 2 seasons ( Jack Butland, Nicola Leali, David Ospina and some other dude) I realised my game was hacked by Hitman:eek: