What else will Dynasty Warriors do?

This is probably not very relevant, but I really wanna know.

With the way Lego just revamps its own system to cover many different licensings (they've done Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Batman, Rock Band, Harry Potter, and now Pirates), and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam is about the same thing; the Dynasty Warriors engine is just reskinned with Gundam-- what else should KOEI do? What other license would work great with the DW gameplay like Gundam did?

I think Dragonball Z would probably make a good DW game, what do you guys think?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Theres one with the Rome theme... "Warriors: Legend of Troy" and the Samurai themed one "Samurai Warriors"

They dont have the Dynasty Warrior name but all made by KOEI

As well as the Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage that came out this year as well. Buy we all knew that already, right?

Theres one with the Rome theme... "Warriors: Legend of Troy"

Right... Legends of TROY has a ROME-theme. ~_~ Actually, it's one of the best entries in the series that I've tried. The combat-system is much more complex and skillful than the usual button-mashing, and the upgrade-system does a nice job of letting you advance from 'Puny Mortal' to 'Divinely-Imbued Killing-Machine'.

Actually, it DOES have some connection to Rome, since the story (spoiler-warnings for a 3000-years old tale) ends with Aeneas escaping the burning Troy with his family, setting off across the ocean to found what will eventually become the Roman Empire, as predicted by Cassandra...

That aside, don't forget the inestimable Warriors Orochi series, mixing Dynasty with Samurai and throwing in a bunch of mythology to boot. Great fun.

But as to the actual subject of, 'what will they think of next'... it's probably not gonna happen, but a Star Wars game using the DW engine would be ACE! Jedi and Sith are perfect for the role of 'Solo Death-Machine cutting through legions of enemies', and we've got Clone-Troopers, Stormtroopers, Battle-Droids, and Rebel Redshirts for disposable mooks...

"Fist Of The North Star: Ken's Rage" is a fantastic variation on the standard Dynasty Warriors model.

Ken's moves are rhythmic and methodical and when you get the hang of it what appears to be a clumsy button basher is actually a very rewarding and entertaining game to play.

Az

• 2 months later...

They just announced "One Piece: Pirate Warriors"

I personally don't plan on checking this one out since I'm not a fan of the series, but if you really wanted to know what KOEI's doing next, there it is. KOEI Warriors did a little article about it if you want info.

• 2 months later...
Ultimate liscensed Dynasty Warriors game: Power Rangers. Even if we only get to play as the Red Ranger from each season, it would be the best PR game ever. And next year is the 20th anniversary....

You know what. You are so RIGHT! :Bounce:

But would you have zord sections and human sections? I guess it'll be like having a classic DW section and then a DW:Gundam section.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, rather than another game I think they should try an anime series instead. As much as I love the games you only get to learn things through a narrator filling you in on events between stages and short cinematic videos. Something like the Sengoku Basara anime would be great for Dynasty Warriors (in my opinion at least).

But other than that, maybe something kind of like the Marvel VS Capcom theme. Either with the Three Kingdoms along with the warriors of the Other category, or again combine Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors since they're just so awesome together.

• 2 months later...

There was another based off Saint Seiya/Knights of the Zodiac. Was there any word on if its already out? :confused:

Other than that, "who else can they partner with for making a warriors game?" is more so the concern for me. Can hardly figure other ideas on

franchises unless they partner with other companies.

Actually, rather than another game I think they should try an anime series instead. As much as I love the games you only get to learn things through a narrator filling you in on events between stages and short cinematic videos. Something like the Sengoku Basara anime would be great for Dynasty Warriors (in my opinion at least).

But other than that, maybe something kind of like the Marvel VS Capcom theme. Either with the Three Kingdoms along with the warriors of the Other category, or again combine Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors since they're just so awesome together.

1.Sengoku Basara already has a game franchise licensed by Capcom.

2.Warriors Orochi did that already.

Although the Marvel vs Capcom theme is interesting, I worry about its end result.:(

1.Sengoku Basara already has a game franchise licensed by Capcom.

2.Warriors Orochi did that already.

Although the Marvel vs Capcom theme is interesting, I worry about its end result.:(

What does the first one have to do with with it? I was saying it'd be cool to make an anime for Dynasty Warriors like they made an anime for the Sengoku Basara games.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually There is one piece pirate Warriors Ps3 exclusive (for now) the gameplay is awesome and it fits, and there is a new Fist of the north star ken's rage 2 so those are going to be new titles before the DW7 empires, and DW8