one of the most annoying games ever

DownByLaw

this has to be one of the most irritating and annoying games ever created. im playing on hardcore so that may be why. but the enemies take at least a full mag to kill but as your shooting them they are CONSTANTLY throwing grenades at you, and they never miss, they land right on your head, they throw more nades then the ammount of bullets they shoot at you. this game has terrible hit detection(kind of like kane and lynch) so as your attempting to shoot at the ai's, all you will ever hear is *BEEP BEEP BEEP* because grenades will be flying at you about every 5 seconds. the only guns that are strong enough to kill enemy's with half a mag only hold about 30 bullets, so you can hardly ever use them and you have to settle for the enemy machine gun or the ally machine gun wich are incredibly weak. also because i'm playing on hard, i am always behind cover(make shure you find cover that isnt dirt or it will be sunk within 5 seconds of hiding behind it) its like theres an invisible barrier that sticks out about a foot from each wall, making really annoying if your trying to pick off enemies, and last but not least, the rocket launcher enemies(the ones that bounce all over the place) these are annoying to fight. theres always about 15 ai's throwing nades at you while your trying to shoot this enemy that bounces every and shoots rockets at you

anyone having these same problems?

Although frustrating at moments, it is called "Hardcore" difficulty for a reason. It is very much possible to beat the game on hardcore, it just takes a lot of strategy. Maybe I can help.

Head shots are a must to save on ammo. The Raptor is your friend (even though it can only hold 40 rounds [30 + 10]) because of it's precision and that every other enemy you kill has one.

As for cover from grenades, try to raise the earth in between your enemy and you. If you raise it close to you, it will only get lowered by grenades or "Dragon's Breathe" turrets. Just keep moving. Only stop briefly to get a couple headshots on easy pickin' enemies. Be sure you have a wall or some kind of "spot" that is not dirt to be able to run behind to regen health.

The Hydra's (or flying dudes with rocket launchers as you described) are very difficult. Especially toward the begining of the game. Try to blast them with an explosive. A direct hit with the Black Widow or the Bangalore or the ST-4 will kill them (except the ST-4 is VERY difficult to do, so stick with the first 2).

Also, remember that there are spots where enemies just keep spawning until you physically reach a certain point. Just press forward and grenades are your friends.

If you are finding it too difficult to play on hardcore, then you should probably fall back a level of difficulty because the game only gets progressively harder.

Hope that helps! Just remind yourself when you are getting frustrated that it is a game that is supposed to be fun. The vortex grenades and other weapons are a blast to use (literally!).

After reading this post and the reviews on this game I will definitely not be getting Fracture.

If you are an achievement whore, don't buy the game. You will only get frustrated at it's difficulty (since you to beat it on hardcore in order to get a perfect score).

It really is a fun game, give it a rental if nothing else, or at least try it on another difficulty if you suck....

I like the game. I rented it through gamefly. So far its good. The achievements overall are easy to get. Playing it on normal has been easy so far for me. Hardcore is suppose to be a challenge. Try playing it on normal to know what to do in the game and then go back and play it on hardcore. Then you will probably enjoy it more.

I was really digging it up until like, mid-way through act 1.... Then I just realized what a gimmicky mash-up of Microsoft successes it is and the bump making powers take a back seat to a cruddy 3rd person shooter with no attempt at a cover system. LOL make your own... BUMPCOVER! I'm about half-way through act 2; I don't think I'm finishing it. If it had some co-op, I'd definitely be more inclined to play it as the game would be part of a small group, but compared to everything else I could be playing, screw this.

Multiplayer is as bad as I figured, I hadn't played on a good team in the handful of games I played and the scarcity of weapons on maps when your teammates feel the need to grab everything. The ice gun is better than anything else and the non-generic modes are on awful tiny maps. Every game of Break-in I played ended 1-0, with me hopping in the zone at the last second because everyone would lose the teams' points by the end.

and who the hell calls someone a jabroni after the year 2000? You had 8 years to learn how to spell that shit right. I would know, a dumb kid sat in front of me in 6th grade math who wore nothing but Rock shirts and call kids jabronis.

Then I just realized what a gimmicky mash-up of Microsoft successes it is and the bump making powers take a back seat to a cruddy 3rd person shooter with no attempt at a cover system. LOL make your own... BUMPCOVER!

Multiplayer is as bad as I figured, I hadn't played on a good team in the handful of games I played and the scarcity of weapons on maps when your teammates feel the need to grab everything. The ice gun is better than anything else.

well, for one, realize Microsoft doesn't care about the customer when it comes to games, they just want your money, but they do care about the 360...mostly...And on that make-your-own bump cover, yeah it gets annoying having to make it sometimes but you have to realize that the game features being able to change the terrain and you should expect that. There wouldn't be any point in giving the ability to change terrain if your not really going to need it in an open field, because of pre-made cover that they put in, since it does no damage shooting someone or near someone with the entrencher.

On multiplayer, yeah a lot of the people suck...like, a whole lot...i mean sometimes if i'm lucky i can get a whole room of them, lol. But for me it's good to feel dominant in a FFA. As far as your teammates grabbing everything, well you do the same thing provided you get there first. Plus just about every person on any fps, should learn to use every weapon especially for just this kind of thing, so that you know how best to use your current weapon 'till you get a new one. One last random question almost nothing at all to do with an answer, but what is break-in exactly? i haven't tried it but i have heard many times it ends very quick. Oh and what is a "jabroni"?

i expected more from this title playing on hardcore and it is very frustrating, guns shoot slow, aiming is difficult and slow , enemys blend with the background and grenades galore are over the top. i give up at the end of act 1 as im just not enjoying it and i might come back l8r but for now back in the box.
its not that hard on hardcore, i personally found it really easy!

just got my sis to pick this game up for me while she was on one of her shoppin sprees.....still waitin on her returnin so i ain't tried the full game yet lol but i thought the demo was pretty sweet....may need some help from you guys for online if ppl suck as much as i've read they do lol

I think it is so dam funny and completely idiotic to listen to people bitch and complain about how a game is to hard when their playing it on HARCORE! It's unreal. If your not good enough at the game then you should play it on NORMAL! I'm in the middle of Act 2 right now on Hardcore and i'm loving this game. Yes, it is very challenging during certain parts but thats what makes it fun.

I also don't get all of the bad review's of this game. I really don't. I like this game a lot. The graphics are really good. Not the best by any means but still really good. The cut scenes on my TV don't look blury like I read in one review. What I like most about this game is that it has a bunch of new and fun weapons that I haven't seen before plus the Terrain Deformation is flat out awesome! I am having a blast with this game and if you play the game on the right difficulty for you, then you will too.

Ok now that ive played it ive gotta say its the worst fucking game ive ever played... I wasnt even going to finish it but now that i know that boss glitch i might as well...

Worst game ever??? Must be to hard for you too. Why don't you go play Viva Pinata or something. Thats probably more your skill level. Ha Ha :woop:

its not that hard on hardcore, i personally found it really easy!

I cant agree more Dethklok, I'm about half way though Act 2 on Hardcore, and its really nothing but a breeze, I don't know why any of you are complaining... I mean you run it to part where you get stuck for 15-20mins but nothing more. maybe the ones complaining are the ones who played Avatar and got a quick 1000G and expect all games to be as easy.

skill lvl of this game has nothing to do with bad game design i finished cod 2 on veteran no problem, cod 4 on veteran no problem and ninja gaiden 2 on the hardest setting & GOW on veteran so if u want to talk about hard have u done them? i play all my games on the hardest difficulty this game is just frustrating not hard.

Edited by Suki

Ok I dont know if its that I just did 250 matches in a row or what, but I could choke that online voice-over B***h straight out. I dont think I can listen to her say "The name of the match is:" another 1250 times. I mean come on, can I get a mute button for her ass? Other then that its a pretty decent game, besides a few minor issues.