Need Help on a Mission on Veteran? Post here.

Parkerktm

This is the Official Veteran Mission Help Thread for Call of Duty: World at War. This will help stop the numerous threads that have already been cluttering the forums regarding the Veteran Campaign and individual missions, so please post here if you are having trouble on Veteran.

Before posting, check the Achievement Guide which has tons of tips that could help answer your question.

If you still need help, please post the level and any identifying spot during the level so people know what you're talking about.

Edited by Parkerktm

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the vendetta level...I got the pistol after I killed the sniper. But then I used up half the ammo shooting my way out of the burning building. Is there another location for any more pistols that I can stock up on ammo for the gunslinger achievement?

On the vendetta level...I got the pistol after I killed the sniper. But then I used up half the ammo shooting my way out of the burning building. Is there another location for any more pistols that I can stock up on ammo for the gunslinger achievement?

If you go back to were you had to go down about 5 stairs and go to the right there will be 40 pistol bullets

any tips for the mission after "vendetta"? where the germans are in the forest? im stuck at the part with the MG nest under the bridge... damn grenades keep getting me, and the infinite respawns of enemies is annoying

I'm at the exact same spot. I grab the heavy mg and work my way up the right hand side so I can flank the guys under the bridge and take out the machine gun nest...then I work my way around to the left side to get into the trenches and I can't go farther. Either nades get me or some german jumps right next to one of my guys and just shoots me without the NPC doing anything....They SUCK!!!!

any tips for the mission after "vendetta"? where the germans are in the forest? im stuck at the part with the MG nest under the bridge... damn grenades keep getting me, and the infinite respawns of enemies is annoying

infinite respawns? is that true? i was under the assumption that enemies were finite in this game. and while i'm here i'm on mission 11, the one after black cats and the beginning is the hardest part i've played so far on veteran.

Okay Hard landing level.

I'm right at the end where I have to defend against the counterattack.

now theres 3 machine guns at the front of the base where I am and 3 triple 25 guns. (one ontop of the base and 2 towards the back of the base)

Every time I go into one of the triple25 guns I am smashed within 2 seconds of getting on it. I dont even have time to adjust the aim and im killed. Now theres another two triple25 guns towards the back but they arent in line with any of the enemies they are useless.

my question is how do i destroy the 3 tanks infront of me? i cant use the triple 25 guns and the machine guns dont seem to be doing anything to the tanks.

Okay Hard landing level.

now theres 3 machine guns at the front of the base where I am and 3 triple 25 guns. (one ontop of the base and 2 towards the back of the base)

Every time I go into one of the triple25 guns I am smashed within 2 seconds of getting on it. I dont even have time to adjust the aim and im killed. Now theres another two triple25 guns towards the back but they arent in line with any of the enemies they are useless.

my question is how do i destroy the 3 tanks infront of me? i cant use the triple 25 guns and the machine guns dont seem to be doing anything to the tanks.

Lay down and just kill the guys coming over the wall and wait for the airstrike. If you still have your flame thrower this is a lot easier to do. It'll take a couple of minutes, but eventually the bombers will come. When I did it all of the tanks were still "alive", so you don't have to take them out, just wait for air support.

Any suggestions on that damn sniper?

Lay down and just kill the guys coming over the wall and wait for the airstrike. If you still have your flame thrower this is a lot easier to do. It'll take a couple of minutes, but eventually the bombers will come. When I did it all of the tanks were still "alive", so you don't have to take them out, just wait for air support.

Hey I had just come back to edit my post to say exactly that. I was focused on trying to blow up the tanks when all i really needed to do was kill the troops. After a while the air support came and the level was over. Kind of annoyed because I worked hard to destroy 2 of the 4 tanks :p

Okay Hard landing level.

You can't destroy the 3 tanks. What I did was shoot people until I got hit, then prone, rinse and repeat and you should be able to pass the mission.

I can confirm this, just wait back on that good ol` flak cannon and shoot the guys coming up the stairs. No need to shoot the tanks.

I`m assuming you mean the sniper in the building that shoots faster then Lucky Luke? In that case set a pot of coffee, bake some cookies and hope you get lucky. Took me around 10 tries to get it, and that was on hardened.

Edited by Knaas360
Explanation for sniper added

Okay Hard landing level.

I disobeyed a direct order of "Man those Triple25's Miller!!!" "Screw you Sarge...I'll be right back!!!"

I then left and backtracked to where I had picked up the bazooka. Traded in the flame thrower for the bazooka and engaged the tanks with the peek and shoot method. You can take out the first tank and damage a 2nd tank. Then you have to run back, replenish your ammo, and come back to finish off the 2nd tank. You should have enough ammo to finish off the 3rd tank. If not make a 3rd trip and then wait for air strike. I spent 15 minutes just dying within 10 seconds of each reload. 1st time using bazooka method I was done. Good Luck!!!

Now my question, I'm stuck on "burn em up" for almost 2 hours now. I'm trying to get through the last cave to the third mortar location. I tried everything :

1. tried having my teammates kill them, but they got killed even before they fired their gun

2. used smoke grenade, and burn them with the flamethrower.. almost worked, but they always threw 3-5 frags everytime I do this. I tried running away and hide again, but they'll respawn again when I do so.

3. tried to kill them with all 4 frags that i have, but they just wouldn't die.

so... any idea on how to pass through this cave?

Now my question, I'm stuck on "burn em up" for almost 2 hours now. I'm trying to get through the last cave to the third mortar location. I tried everything :

1. tried having my teammates kill them, but they got killed even before they fired their gun

2. used smoke grenade, and burn them with the flamethrower.. almost worked, but they always threw 3-5 frags everytime I do this. I tried running away and hide again, but they'll respawn again when I do so.

3. tried to kill them with all 4 frags that i have, but they just wouldn't die.

so... any idea on how to pass through this cave?

Crouch down just before the room in the cave, pick the enemies of with your bold action. Then when you think it`s kinda clear chuck your nades (for cover) and then walk forward and spam the right side of the room with the flamethrower.

This will trigger more enemies but will also trigger your squad to move forward towards the exit of the cave.

DONT, just run out of the cave but carefully pick enemies off before exiting (there is no checkpoint untill you actually seize the last mortar).

^Good luck and I hope it makes sense.

Crouch down just before the room in the cave, pick the enemies of with your bold action. Then when you think it`s kinda clear chuck your nades (for cover) and then walk forward and spam the right side of the room with the flamethrower.

This will trigger more enemies but will also trigger your squad to move forward towards the exit of the cave.

DONT, just run out of the cave but carefully pick enemies off before exiting (there is no checkpoint untill you actually seize the last mortar).

Thanks, I made it through right after I made my post. I realized that Roebuck can't get killed, so I somehow managed to pushed him halfway towards the enemy and let him pick them one by one, and I ran like a madman with the flamethrower. thanks for the suggestion tho. somebody might able to use it.

that part is such a pain in the ass... i hate it. i tried doing that for like 3 hours and i'm still stuck there. the AI is ridiculous and i can't stand the infinite respawns. flamethrower works, but theres 5 guys and you get raped when you turn that corner in the cave. i also found out that the guys above the hole in the roof WILL shoot you

that part is such a pain in the ass... i hate it. i tried doing that for like 3 hours and i'm still stuck there. the AI is ridiculous and i can't stand the infinite respawns. flamethrower works, but theres 5 guys and you get raped when you turn that corner in the cave. i also found out that the guys above the hole in the roof WILL shoot you

I found that those guys were more of a problem with grenades, but I usually like to send a nice fireball up there anyway.

I was just about to post about this. Been stuck there for a couple hours. The AI wont kill any enemies, they just look at them. It's utter BS how they did the AI in this game. Gonna try this way when I calm down. So close to breaking this game into tiny pieces, crapping in the LE case, and sending it to Treyarch.

BTW: My Canteen is covered in some residue on the cap and back that wont come off. I've tried cleaning it with everything short of a brillow pad. Extra $20 for this garbage...