Gotta Drive 'em All issues

j1-2damax

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been answered before!!!

There was initially 45 cars in the game.... Then codemasters lost the license for the 2 ferraris that were supposed to be on the game, some time back a patch (update), was released to fix this, making it 43 cars total!

You will need "live" to update and when done either test drive all the cars (if you havent done so already), or just do 1 or 2 more quick test drives! It should pop up!

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'm in the same boat here. I originally got all my achievements offline cuz my puter was broken. The only ones I didn't get besides the online ones were "full rep, gotta drive em all, and high mileage." Now I'm back online, live did an update and it still says 43/45. Since it updated, I went back and test drove all 47 that I own again. I recorded one official lap time with every car in that mode and then "finished test drive." All of them have at least 1 mile recorded on them. I sold and rebought the 7 cars that I originally bought "used" and retested them again with 1 official lap. I also did a 1 lap Le Mans race with the Porsche 911 and STILL no achievement.

Do I have to go into "Race Day" and record an official lap with each car in a race?

Who would I contact to get this achievement fixed...Microsoft or Codemasters?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The reason it says you have driven 43/45 is because when they were creating this game, they had 45 total cars. When it came time to release the game though, Ferarri decided to back out and pulled their 2 cars from Codemasters. CM then had to make a new patch to fix this problem, which this patch is out. You just need to let the game update and it will install the patch. I don't know if the most recent patch screws this up by making it say 43/45 again, but I already had the achievement, and sent the game back, so I can't tell you myself.

Here's the response I got from Codemasters:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

Both Codemasters and Microsoft have verified that all of the achievements in the game work correctly so, if you are having difficulty, it will not be due to a problem with the game itself.

We would recommend that you check the following:

1) Make sure that no cheats are enabled in the game. The use of cheats will prevent achievements from being unlocked.

2) Double check that are playing in the correct game mode for the achievement. If a specific game mode is required, then you must use this mode to acheive the goal.

3) Make sure that the autosave is enabled if the game uses one.

If you continue to have problems, we would recommend that you do a search on the internet for assistance with the game. The following website normally has good information:

www.gamefaqs.com

Alternatively visit our forums at www.codemasters.com - as other users will probably be able to assist you.

So no luck on helping us from that end. Typical...

Here's the response I got from Codemasters:

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

Both Codemasters and Microsoft have verified that all of the achievements in the game work correctly so, if you are having difficulty, it will not be due to a problem with the game itself.

1) Make sure that no cheats are enabled in the game. The use of cheats will prevent achievements from being unlocked.

2) Double check that are playing in the correct game mode for the achievement. If a specific game mode is required, then you must use this mode to acheive the goal.

If you continue to have problems, we would recommend that you do a search on the internet for assistance with the game. The following website normally has good information:

www.gamefaqs.com

Alternatively visit our forums at www.codemasters.com - as other users will probably be able to assist you.

So no luck on helping us from that end. Typical...

Did they even read the email because that sounds like a general automated response to me.

Games devs dont wanna know about problems,all they care about is getting games out,with or without bugs.

Just tried this now also, I know I have driven every car, gone through the list in the achievement guide and ticked off each one as I completed a lap in it.

That email does seem like an automated response. Im sure they will fix this in time, well at least I hope they do, its a heavyweight car game IMO.

Here's the rest of my emails to them:

Me: I have visited both gamefaqs.com and browsed through your GRID forums and found nothing about the Gotta Drive Em All achievement problem. However, I have read through many posts on xbox360achievements.org and found that the reason my progress on that achievement says 43/45 is because supposedly there were 2 Ferrari's that you were going to include in the game but didn't get the licenses for them in time, so they were taken out. I also read on your GRID forums that there was a patch a few months back that fixed some things and also included getting an experience point for driving a clean race in ranked multiplayer matches. I have gotten the clean point numerous times so I'm under the impression that I have the update. Does the game have to say 43/43 cars driven in order for the achievement to unlock or does it need to say 45/45? Is there anyway to check to make sure that I have the update other than knowing that I'm getting the clean race experience point? Thank you for your time.

CM Response: Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

Your game will ask to install an update (if available) when you are connected to XBox life.

If you are able to play online, the game is up to date.

Hope this helps.

Me: So, is the "Gotta Drive Em All" achievement supposed to be out of 45 cars driven or 43 cars driven?

CM Response: Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

It will be 43/43, the issue has been resolved in the patch.

Hope this helps.

I'm thinking about sending them another email saying, "well the issue hasn't been resolved in the current patch so maybe you need to update again." Then again, the issue could've been resolved in the 8-Ball pack, but nobody's responded to my post in here where I asked if anyone had the problem fixed after they purchased the DLC.

I just finished sending them another email and here's what that says:

"I'm under the impression that there were 2 patches you did to the game. Many of the members of xbox360achievements.org have said the problem was fixed in the first patch. However, the second patch that you did uncorrected the problem with that achievement again because there are members of that site who all have their game saying they've driven "43/45 cars," me being one of them. So people who just recently purchased or started playing your game will not be able to unlock all of it's achievements. Does the 8-Ball pack fix this problem again because I don't want to pay another $10 on DLC for a game that doesn't have all of it's components working. Thank you for your time."

A couple of weeks ago the achievement screen on my game said 39/43 cars driven. Since then I have bought the 8 Ball Pack and also I think there was a general Xbox Live update for the game too. I have now driven all 43 cars yet the achievement now says 43/45 cars driven. So the purchase of the 8 Ball Pack certainly doesn't help solve this glitch. I'm pretty sure the general patch for the game which uploaded on my system about 2 weeks ago has caused the problem. Hoping for a fix on this as it is a pain!

Well they are starting to pee me. I've sent e-mails this so far.

Dear Sir/Madame,

I'm sure this has been brought to your attention. Lots of us are getting frustrated about one achievement in this game. "Got to drive them all". Now I wish I never downloaded your update for this via Xbox live as this seems to be the problem for everyone who did this. I have 43/45 cars drove and there is no more cars to drive. People who did not update the game when asked via Xbox live got the achievement. People who did update the game can not get the achievement including myself. I would like to know when and if this will be solved. I like the game and do not want to trade this in if it will be fixed. I thought achievement problems only happened to crap EA Sports stuff not Codemasters.

They Reply:

Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:35 PM

To:

Subject: Reply from Codemasters ref:

Both Codemasters and Microsoft have verified that all of the achievements in the game work correctly after installing the update.

http://www.gamefaqs.com

Alternatively visit our forums at http://www.codemasters.com - as other users will probably be able to assist you.

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

Kind regards

Rob

Codemasters Customer Services

I send them back:

Hi this is the same response a friend got from yourselves as well. There are no cheats enabled. Auto save is on and all aspects of the game are completed even the one you have to do to drive a certain car that is not listed.

I have been on all the websites and your own forums and they say this to be the same problem. They even suggest two cars are missing from witch ferrei pulled out of the game.

I have included part of a forum with questions which i would like you guys to read and not send me these automated responses as they just do not help the matter.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=98100

And guess what this is the e-mail they sent me back

Having followed up your enquiry we confirm that we will be issuing a fix for this issue, which was originally fixed in the first update, in due course. We do not have an exact release date yet I'm afraid.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

If you need further assistance, please reply to this email and INCLUDE THIS LINE IN YOUR REPLY:-

Or include the entire text of this email.

Kind regards

Rob

Has this email helped? Let us know at http://www.codemasters.com/support/customer_feedback_uk.htm

Your feedback is important to us – particularly if it can help other customers - and we welcome any comments that you might have. NOTE that this form cannot be used to obtain further assistance.

Join CodeM free: http://www.codemasters.com/codemprogram/joinup.php

Want to work on the next generation of Codemasters games and help set the standard? Check out the jobs list here: http://www.thenewbreed.info

Yep, I was just about to post the same thing...the response I got from my final email to them. It's exactly what they said to Thomas:

"Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Grid.

Having followed up your enquiry we confirm that we will be issuing a fix for this issue, which was originally fixed in the first update, in due course. We do not have an exact release date yet I'm afraid.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused."

So, there's a bit of success, but not the kind that we were looking for. Unless, of course, they send out a patch within the next week or two. However, I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

Edited by Hardware

I got something a little different but the same idea.

Unfortunately this achievement is currently bugged.

The patch is being worked on and should be released shortly.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Jorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I contacted support last night on seeing the 43/45 to ask if they were still supporting the game and planned to fix the issue.

The "Gotta Drive 'em all" achievement is currently not achievable in the game, unfortunately. We are currently investigating what can be done in terms of a further title update to resolve this problem.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

Doesn't sound like it'll be fixed any time soon, but at least they are "investigating" it.

Doesn't sound like it'll be fixed any time soon, but at least they are "investigating" it.

There can't be a lot of investigating needing done if they've fixed it before. They've probably just moved on. I have a feeling GRID wasn't as big a hit as they were expecting (no thanks to the price of it stubbornly refusing to do down until recently) and they've stopped bothering with it.

I have the same problem here..

So if i got it right, at the loading screen, (and when your lucky) the achievement information about drive em all must say XX/43 to make it work?

because here it says unlocked 41/45.

I know about ferarri and a fix, but when on your screen 41/45 stands, the glitch is still 'active' ?