33% - Ledges/Rotating column thing, help!

I know when someone points this out to me I'm going to feel stupid (I can't believe this game is for 6-yr-olds, I'm struggling so much it's embarrassing).

I just entered the doctor ma-whatsit's lair, after using blue and yellow Romans lobbed at targets to open the gates. It's at 33%. The fat guy stands on a switch to make a ledge appear and the little guy goes climbing up the wall. Jump across three crumbly platforms to the opposite side.

Now what? I see a brick to my left that I can't budge, and some more ledges leading up. I go up the ledges and there's a place to jump across. I get as far as the column with the two platforms beneath, but I can't figure out what the hell to do once I've gotten onto the rotating pillar!

It's hard to explain, I really hope someone can help - I hate that it makes me start the whole process again when I inevitably fall off, it's such a slow trial-and-error process.

EDIT: After a lot of messing around and trying to jump onto those green and red boxes (faaail) I realised there was another ledge. If anyone else is stuck; once you're on the rotating column, wait for it to turn all the way anti-clockwise, then you can jump backwards onto a ledge.

God this game is frustrating.

Edited by Alexdelicious

• 1 month later...

This is exactly the part I've just reached, and I'm about to pull my hair out with my teeth. Even once you've worked out which way the game wants you to go, you still have to hope the horrible camera and sticky controls make you jump in the right direction to grab the ledges - and on top of that they add a time limit to how long you can climb for before falling to your death and starting over, right from the fight at the beginning.

This is some of the worst game design I've seen. It's astonishing that this is supposed to be for kids.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

There is a video on youtube that explains how to complete the game. It's for the PC but you get the idea.

The link for the section of the rotating columns is here:-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkV8jtej5k&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL]YouTube - asterix and obelix at the olympic games part 5[/ame]

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...