This game is shit

bobmarley333

I liked this game. I think the only reason you could possibly have any trouble with this game is if you treat it like Halo or something and think that your health is going to regenerate immediately.

People don't want to take their time with games anymore. It's nuts. I know the action in this game can get chaotic, but what, are you going to say this sucks and then go pop in Ninja Gaiden or something?

This is definitely one of the better movie games. At least it actually stuck to the plot.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

I got this game through a game trading site.

It sucks out loud.

The controls suck. The level design and premise seem like it was written an hour before coding on a cocktail napkin. Even worse, the suit mechanics make no sense at all.

This game is the worst game i've ever played

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG there is way worse out there, Iron Man the game ain't the greatest but it isn't that bad. The camera and controls aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be (the controls take some getting used to), but being a Secret Level game it does have an undeniable feel of being mediocre (like why does Stark look like Stallone?? :confused: and the difficulty being mostly in the form of cartoony waves of missles that keep blasting u)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
OMG there is way worse out there, Iron Man the game ain't the greatest but it isn't that bad. The camera and controls aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be (the controls take some getting used to), but being a Secret Level game it does have an undeniable feel of being mediocre (like why does Stark look like Stallone?? :confused: and the difficulty being mostly in the form of cartoony waves of missles that keep blasting u)

This.

Game isn't that bad; you'll get used to it. But, the amount of missiles flying at you is ridiculous. It's as if every enemy in the game comes equipped with a launcher. I just picked it up again after three years to finish the final two difficulty achievements. Got them today for the 1kG

On to Iron Man 2!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Though many people agree with what the OP states, i do think it's worth while telling the readers why instead of repeating the same S-word over and over.

The cut-scenes are bold in this game, there are no textures in them and this makes you want to skip every cut-scene on the game which then removes the point of following the story line.

This game isn't ideal for kids because the controls are difficult to learn, kids games are all about fun and ease of use, this game doesn't contain those two aspects.

Though i've played so far through, it is fairly entertaining, but it is very repetative.

The levels are basic, the artwork is basic and all the scenery is an eye-sore.

These levels look like something from a Flight Simulator Package back in the late 90's.

You have 4 live within each level to complete, i started straight on Hard mode, and it only takes two missiles to lose a life, and all four can be gone within the first 5 minutes of play.

The levels bring you 'money' though not much use, to ugrade parts of your suit, but each level finished, a new part can be upgraded but it's retrictive.

The game play is average, but when trying to grab a helicopter or a jet it can be a very frustrating task to accomplish.

All in all, this game isn't waht anyone would expect to find considering such a brilliant film.

Unfortunatley i've also got the second game but unsure what it's like atm.

My advice, if you want this game for achievements, make sure you have other games to play too otherwise you may be tempted to go outside and play.

Hope this gives a better review of the game than some previous posts on here.

See my signature?

I love my Marvel superheroes. I see every movie on day one, and pre-order every game...even when previews hint at a lousy title. I've done the replay on an unlocked hard level (a cheap developer move to claim replay value, total BS) for Wolverine, Thor, even suffered through FF:RotSS twice.

And I have 375 on Iron Man. It was one of the worst gaming experiences I've ever had. Talk about the opposite of making you feel like the hero; every level is just a chaos of crap hitting you. The bonus objectives are unreasonable and zero fun. I still have the disc, along with Iron Man 2 (zero gamerscore; the demo conviced me it was just as bad)...someday I may end up home for a month with a broken leg or something.

When I first put in Iron Man, I thought it was a low end game. I also thought the difficulty was too high(even on easy) to make it enjoyable. Then I played Iron Man 2. That made me change my mind about the first one. Things could always be worse.

In my opinion, Iron Man isn't that bad. I unlocked my last achievement for beating it on Formidable after work on Friday(Oct 14) and I was surprised. I expected it to take me the whole weekend, and I wasn't looking forward to it at all. But the last 8 missions I had to do went pretty well. Once you know what to do, its just about doing it. I did 4 complete playthroughs of this game. Once on all difficulties and once more on easy mode just to have a saved game with all objectives completed. The second time I played it on easy was a breeze. If you've played Iron Man 2, then you know the controls can be much worse. I learned to deal with them and came out of the experience unscathed. I don't think its something to be proud of. I think its kind of normal. It really not that bad. Another 1000g earned. Iron Man 2 is worse game to put yourself through. I'm playing it now so I can honestly say the first Iron Man was better, and that's sad. But like I said, that's my opinion. To each their own.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
i think this game is actually really fun, only a little repetitive. the hard difficulty isnt even that tough till you get to the last few missions

agreed i enjoyed it alot wasn't close to being the best game i played but great still

• 6 months later...