Bitching Thread

BIGbivvie

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only real issue with the game was that it was too damn short. All the other AC games have taken a while to beat.. this one was about 2 days. These are some of my favorite games but this one honestly was just "meh" to me. I am not sure if it was that it didn't feel very AC (not in Europe wearing a cowl the whole time) or what but I never got the "I am an assassin" feeling in the slightest.

My only real issue with the game was that it was too damn short. All the other AC games have taken a while to beat.. this one was about 2 days. These are some of my favorite games but this one honestly was just "meh" to me. I am not sure if it was that it didn't feel very AC (not in Europe wearing a cowl the whole time) or what but I never got the "I am an assassin" feeling in the slightest.

With all the side missions and the nature of the free roaming environment, I found AC III to be a good lengthed game ... much longer than Revelations was. As for the main storyline, it probably is a similar length as previous AC games. It definitely could have been longer and I wish the ending would have been more satisfying for both the Connor and Desmond storyline arcs. ... And yes, the game has less of an AC feel than previous entries in the series. That's not necessarily a bad thing as AC III needed to be something more than just another AC clone.

When I start a mission in one location (Frontier, Boston, etc) It tells me to go talk to "X" person. Where is he at? No fucking clue. Travel to other locations, one by one, to figure where he's at. This involves:

Fast traveling to nearest Harbor (Loading screen)

Selecting an option, since they didn't actually tell me where to go (Loading screen)

Nope, not it, go back to Harbor (Loading screen)

And so on and so on. And when you find the mother fucker, he's nowhere near any kind of fast travel system. Tell me, why the fuck can't I just god damn fast travel to the mother fucker straight from the get-go?

This is but one bitch of a million about this game.

I'm not sure what it is but I can see I'm not alone. I never got the feeling of being a true assassin in this game as I did with others. Maybe it's because Connor was a lot angrier and wasn't as tactile with his anger or maybe it's because guards could pretty much see you where ever you tried to hide!

Fighting guards was ridiculous as well. You'd clear a wave of guards, expecting to get away to the hay bale down the street but no! Kill two guards, another three appear! It was pain-staking!

That chase, huh?

Oh yeah! Nowhere in his files did it say he was an Olympic runner as well as being this bastard Templar!

I've only played the original AC and now I remember why, holy shit the controls are a mess, the sword and hand to hand combat is clumsy as shit. The shooting mechanic feels sloppy as well. I'm still in the "longest tutorial prologue" section as the haythan dude. The writing is great the game looks gorgeous but I've replayed so many friggin chapters because I didn't understand where or what i needed to do. Killing a guy before alerting the others did that and I still didn't get sync, kill a certain person before x y z happens I couldn't find the bastard. This is frustrating as hell because I want to enjoy the game but I feel like a kid riding a bike down hill trying to pedal with no control!

UPDATE/PATCH

Thanks Ubisoft for all these new slow load times. They are about triple what they used to be. You guys are awesome.

But what I really want to thank you for, is your kindness in your attempt to fix the broken achievement for completing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man. Oh wait, you only kind of fixed it. I'm still screwed for hours of scanning the Farmers because I may (if I am lucky) still have one more activity to scan. This wouldn't take so long to scan all the activities, except that you programmed Warren to plow the fields for 90% of the day. He even says "this is hard on my back". What do I do? I surely don't help the poor guy. I watch him and wait. How plowed can a field be?

The achievement is not fixed for "everyone", just certain people who gave up quickly. For those who really wanted the achievement, they are still screwed. The programmers must be stupid. Are you kidding me? Have you not thought of the people who might already have all activities scanned?

Just got to some mission where I have to kill 3 wolves after collecting all the map pieces and solving the riddle. These 3 wolves do a 1/3rd damage per hit and no matter how quickly you press the second button it fails and you get your face eaten. You can shoot one but never get the time to reload so you just die over and over, why can't I just stab the fucking wolf with my big ass sword, how does it even get that near me ffs. This wasn't even in my bitch list but had to rant about it because I am so angry right now

I found an easy way to get around that was to just hide in the pile of branches under one of the trees, wait for a wolf to pass (which they always seemed to do), pop out and assassinate. Then pop back in and wait for the next one. Killed them all without losing any health.

UPDATE/PATCH

Thanks Ubisoft for all these new slow load times. They are about triple what they used to be. You guys are awesome.

But what I really want to thank you for, is your kindness in your attempt to fix the broken achievement for completing the Encyclopedia of the Common Man. Oh wait, you only kind of fixed it. I'm still screwed for hours of scanning the Farmers because I may (if I am lucky) still have one more activity to scan. This wouldn't take so long to scan all the activities, except that you programmed Warren to plow the fields for 90% of the day. He even says "this is hard on my back". What do I do? I surely don't help the poor guy. I watch him and wait. How plowed can a field be?

The achievement is not fixed for "everyone", just certain people who gave up quickly. For those who really wanted the achievement, they are still screwed. The programmers must be stupid. Are you kidding me? Have you not thought of the people who might already have all activities scanned?

I second that, Scanned every frigging thing they did and now I'm out of luck with this one. Boo Ubisoft Boo

God I need to vent. The multiplayer ranges from fantastic to so annoying that you want to toss the game in the trash.

Is an absolute pisstake that those with shit internet still get an advantage... I smoke a laggy cunt to stop him from stunning me after he knifed me yet I still only get a contested kill WHEN HIS CHARACTER IS IMMOBILISED BY SMOKE (no he didn't have Animus Shield).

Later on... he's after me, he is so predictable so I smoke him to stun, once again it's totally irrelevant to him and he just kills me anyway.

People with trash connections shouldn't be allowed to play online games, full stop.

I can complain. But everyone has mentioned all my problems with this game.

Horse riding sucks. getting stuck on invisible stuff on the ground.

Free running feels like it down graded.

As does combat, pick pocketing, the menu system, and many of the side quests.

The full sync missions are hard.

Ohh and lets not forget enemies abilities to see across ships, through walls with their heads turned away.

Also love how everything pops up in the upper right corner. I miss most of everything said there.

Ohh yeah. And I disliked the ending. Even if I had a choice between the two both options would have sucked. Ehh

However, I loved hunting and skinning animals. Reminds me of how old I am. Back in my day we would play Organ Trail in school an I would never run out of food. I would always have the max amount pretty much. Yes. Hunting.

Edited by K one

not being able to get the Original Gamer achievement, because no matter what i can't win at Fanorona.

I was in the same boat as you, but just do what this guy says:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5393035&postcount=23

Man that Lee chase at the end was so frickin annoying. I seriously almost gave up on the game right there

I hope it's not much worse than the post-execution slow-motion chase in Sequence 8. It took long enough to get insta-kills down on guys without slowing down, but even without that it's impossible to catch the guy before he hurts the guards you have to protect. How did I get full sync? He randomly hurts the guard who doesn't count, then decides to keep running.

Or chasing Hickey through (Boston?) without shoving/tackling anyone. He runs the same route and it took at least two "laps" to finally catch him.

Connor is slow as shit, or the enemies are too fast. I chased a courier from the south end of NY to the north before he ran into enough people to slow him down. How does giving us equal speed make any sense?

Did the patch even come out?

My game has a glitch the won't give me the 11/11 underground entrances in New York.

I finished the game. That is all I am missing. My map has ALL 11 on it. My underground map has 10, because the South Market doesn't show up.

I have been in and out of every entrance.

Nothing.

TOO many bugs in this game for me to enjoy properly. Could have been a 9/10. But the bugs are bad, and the movement laggy. Plus the ending was crap. so 6/10.

This game is seriously starting to make me rage...

playing multiplayer, everything is going fine yet twice now the game has frozen my 360 (it is ONLY happening on this) which results in me 'leaving' a game and thus a score penalty.

Getting on average 20-30 Abstergo score a game... every freeze = -100. Fantastic.