Why Many Players have a Rank of 1/Similar Problems

MissingNo.

so what they are saying is that my level stats are gone and I just need to move on because I am never getting them back or what?

No.. if you read the article it says the problem you are experiencing is that your console is taking too long to receive the data from their servers and gives up. Try logging on at odd times of the day.

Yeah, I'm mad, bro.

No.. if you read the article it says the problem you are experiencing is that your console is taking too long to receive the data from their servers and gives up. Try logging on at odd times of the day.

This. In other words it's only temporary.

You could alternatively either play the Campaign, exit the game, or, actually, do a Quick Match; sometimes, although the stat page won't load correctly, it will load at the beginning of the game session).

Sometimes it'll return your stats to normal during the middle of a game session.

Another thing to note; I still got Achievements, Pins, and Awards while at Rank 1. Even though it didn't confirm me nabbing any Pins or Awards it updated them onto my Stat page when it loaded correctly.

One more thing; if you have the SPECACT DLC, you can still use those. I've seen other players with no Rank using the guns and outfits.

Also, while other players Stats might work correctly, yours may not. This could be a huge disadvantage as they would be able to have things such as 4x Rifle Scopes where as you couldn't even throw down a Medkit.

Edited by MissingNo.

Usually It only effects me when I am viewing my stats from the stats menu, but I got on today and all of the sudden all my unlockables were gone when I was in a match, and it didn't seem like any of my kills were counting toward anything. Do these kills actually count or should I just not even bother?

This was happening to me while playing Bad Company 2 but while it was happening and using the Spetac kit I still unlocked the achievements for each gun, although now I just downloaded the Vietnam DLC I'm at rank 1 ( not sure if this is because Vietnam has it's own rank system and everyone starts at 1 when they play it??? ) but achievements are not unlocking like they did before, when the servers catch up and sort themselves will my kills count and any achievements I already got pop or am I wasting my time playing whenever the stats are at zero?

This issue plagued both me and my brother who have been playing BFBC2 for the majority of the weekend.

The EA forums are so fucking complicated to use, so much easier to use these ones here to find out this problem is affecting a lot of you guys too. We lost all our stats/unlockables early Saturday evening, and my brother got them back about 2 hrs later, whilst I had to wait a few more for mine to come back. Even last night we were noticing several people hadn't gotten their unlocks back. sux4them.

It was pretty funny playing with default loadouts, but I'd still appreciate it if DICE could just work out the kinks all at once.

Usually It only effects me when I am viewing my stats from the stats menu, but I got on today and all of the sudden all my unlockables were gone when I was in a match, and it didn't seem like any of my kills were counting toward anything. Do these kills actually count or should I just not even bother?

This finally happened to me as well. I was 12 kills away from the gold star with the SVD on vietnam for that stupid achievement and I had no rank, but I thought it would either pop anyway or give me the gold star once it was able to grab the stats back. Got probably 20 kills and no star.. after logging back in later and getting to view my stats page I didnt have it either.

So if you're going for something and your rank is at 0, wait until it appears to be correct. Otherwise you're just pissing in the wind.

Its pretty sad to say this on going issue is due to EA lack to keep their servers up to date. For such a diverse maker of games their servers are two thumbs down the rabbit hole because they stink, end of story. It wouldn't shock me either that battlefield 3 will have the same issues as well.

Alright.

I'm not sure whether or not the stuff that you do while playing without correct Stats will be updated.

All I know is that I still got Achievements while this was effecting me.

I also recieved my Pins and Awards when it did update correctly.

I didn't notice anything else but that's because I really didn't bother doing so.

Why does connecting to EA servers most of the time end in failure?

I don't just mean this game, but its a policy problem with EA themselves, a lot of this could easily be avoided/fixed if the GAME saved stats, rather then some server.

Just look at Red Dead Redemption or Red Faction Guerilla, since both games saved the stats on the console, you never had to fear about losing it.

For players in the EU it is fine until around 7pm/8pm GMT. Then the NA's from Cali etc come online and the servers cannot handle this. If you want to play then play before 6pm to be safe.

Well, I'm workin on days so I can't play before 10 or 11pm...

This issue is just a shame from a huge company as EA.

Well, I'm workin on days so I can't play before 10 or 11pm...

This issue is just a shame from a huge company as EA.

In deed it is. EA is all about taking your money and pocket it. as for their half baked servers its a real shame. In that being said battlefield 3 will be a bust. all Hype:uzi:

I think this whole thing sucks and has ruined one of the best multi-player games around. I've been playing it for about 9-12 months which for me is an achievement in itself as normally I get bored around 1-3 months of online action, but not with this one. The past few days i've not been able to get on and play properly, none of my stats have updated anywhere as I chase down the remaining 3 insignias.

I've started playing bbc1 now and I get the impression there's quite a few other like minded people resorting to that game as well...

Why is it that this seems to affect everyone differently? I've had issues with my rank, but that's about it. All my weapons are always there, equipment, etc. The only thing that's ever affected is my rank itself. Oh, and sometimes when my rank isn't displaying properly my already-purchased stuff in the Store shows up as having not been purchased, but the purchased content still works as normal. Weird.

My stats and weapons came back yesterday when I was playing. Haven't checked today. I agree that it is very annoying to lose them. I don't care so much about the stats as I've gotten all the pins/medals that are easy for me to get. I'm annoyed that my weapons are gone. There are certain guns/loadouts that I use on offense, defense, different maps, etc. Playing without them was very frustrating.

This is what is happening, and this is the steps they're taking towards a resolution: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/1387445-stats-system-performance-perspective.html

It's not a big deal issue since the game's release. How is this new? It's just the servers taking time to update.