43 39 19 n 75 27 42 w (spoilers within)

So as soon as I saw the numbers (i play with subtitles on) at the end of the last mission I knew they were latitude/longitude markers and looked them up. They just point to someplace in NY state. I just came across this article about how it could possibly link the next game (or the one they are announcing in May) to a battle in the American Revolution.

http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-assassins-creed-teased-via-da-vinci-disappearance-dlc-spoiler-alert/

American revolution has been the time period I have been hoping for since playing the second game and seeing where it was going, so I hope this could be true. Not sure about the architecture of the time period and how many large cities or high landmarks there are to climb, but the story would be great. So much history on the templars/free masons and the founding of the US.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as soon as I saw the numbers (i play with subtitles on) at the end of the last mission I knew they were latitude/longitude markers and looked them up. They just point to someplace in NY state. I just came across this article about how it could possibly link the next game (or the one they are announcing in May) to a battle in the American Revolution.

http://oxcgn.com/2011/03/09/next-assassins-creed-teased-via-da-vinci-disappearance-dlc-spoiler-alert/

American revolution has been the time period I have been hoping for since playing the second game and seeing where it was going, so I hope this could be true. Not sure about the architecture of the time period and how many large cities or high landmarks there are to climb, but the story would be great. So much history on the templars/free masons and the founding of the US.

Smart idea. I shouldve played with subtitles on.

And sounds interesting. I think it would be fun to play in that time. Any time would be fun to play for me in Assassins Creed. Even dinosaur age ;)

I think they also gave hints for a second dlc, because Ezio talks about dealing with Ceasare once and for all and that he needs a ship shortly after the numbers show up.

The Da Vinci Disappearance takes place in 1506 - the year before Ezio goes to Spain to kill Cesare in Sequence 9. That's why he talks about needing to charter a ship in the DLC.

On topic, I'm glad someone looked those co-ordinates up, I was interested to see where they pointed to! The location does seem to suggest that some portion of the next game would take place in America - but as the co-ordinates are intended for Desmond, it might suggest that he'll end up exploring around there in modern times? Probably not for the whole game though, maybe just a couple of sections where you play as Desmond, like in Brotherhood.

So we are assuming that it is a +43°39'19"N , +75°27'42"W

Considering that Leonardo didn't understand the numbers, he could have omitted the (-) from either side thinking of it as a hyphen. This leaves us with four possible locations...

I believe the N & W take the - or + out of the equation. It's the middle of New York State, near a town named Turin...as in the Shroud of Turin, one of the artifacts referred to in ACII and further explained in Project Legacy.

RelentlessFours is right, what it's setting up is that the Assassins are taking Desmond there while he's comatose. We'll explore another ancestor (when and where we don't know, but Leonardo talked about going to work for Louis XII of France), but Desmond will be trying to get to an artifact at the temple revealed in this DLC memory.

The shroud has the power to bring the dead back to life...don't buy a coffin for Lucy just yet.

I believe the N & W take the - or + out of the equation. It's the middle of New York State, near a town named Turin...as in the Shroud of Turin, one of the artifacts referred to in ACII and further explained in Project Legacy.

RelentlessFours is right, what it's setting up is that the Assassins are taking Desmond there while he's comatose. We'll explore another ancestor (when and where we don't know, but Leonardo talked about going to work for Louis XII of France), but Desmond will be trying to get to an artifact at the temple revealed in this DLC memory.

The shroud has the power to bring the dead back to life...don't buy a coffin for Lucy just yet.

does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).

does anyone know who William is? He was mentioned during the dialogue referring to Desmond and the new memories (i think in the beginning, might have been at the end when they are heading to the new temple location from the numbers).

There is an Assassin that Lucy and Shaun email through out the game named William M, might be the same guy

There is an Assassin that Lucy and Shaun email through out the game named William M, might be the same guy

That guy sound like a douche, even if he is on the Assassin Order.

Anyway, Great DLC campaign. Best 800 I've ever spend

probably there's going to be a ancestor in America because Desmond is American, right? well, the last one is Ezio, but his ancestors must have gone travelled to America because otherwise Desmond wouldn't be American. Maybe there's another temple?otherwise it just wouldn't make sense...

Hmm, American Revolution could be cool but as far as architecture goes, nothing in America around that time would work. We need a place with history. Personally, I would love to see the French Revolution era for the past segments (not sure about all the bad French accents that will accompany it, though, though) and America for the present sections could work, though Id imagine the Assassins are still somewhere in Europe

I also wrote down the coordinates and typed them into Google Earth. It is actually closer to Glenfield.

It being anywhere relatively close to a "Rome, NY" is just a coincidence. TONS of U.S. towns are named after major ancient cities. Rome GA, Sparta TN, Memphis TN (Memphis was the capital of Ancient Egypt btw), Venice FL. I think my point is proven with this.

Anyways, I am going to go ahead and say that the next game (AC3) will be played from the memory of another ancestor, period. **Spoiler** When they are talking they said that Desmond had entered a coma from not using the sedative earlier.

Most likely it will be during the American Revolution only because during a glyph you see George Washington holding a piece of eden.

If it were up to me, I would like to see it in Mexico, lots of Mayan, Aztec temples and also a location of the Spanish Inquisition. Evangelization of the region started in the mid-1520's. Since this DLC took place only around 15-20 years prior, Cesare Borgia (who was a Spaniard) was still alive and Ezio needed a ship to settle it once and for all. It already sounds fun hunting down Borgia in Mexico to protect the piece of eden that may be located in a Mesoamerica temple.

Ugh, why does everything always have to be in the US. Like 95% of all games are in the US. There is a larger world out there.

You're kidding right? Please name a list of games that take place in the US. Not even close to 95% of games take place there.

Think about every war game. Barely any take place in the US since the war isn't in the US!

You're kidding right? Please name a list of games that take place in the US. Not even close to 95% of games take place there.

Think about every war game. Barely any take place in the US since the war isn't in the US!

Resident Evil

Resident Evil 2

Resident Evil 3

Alone in the Dark

Grand Theft Auto 3, Sand Andreas, Chinatown wars, IV

Call of Duty: MW2

Left 4 Dead

Left 4 Dead 2

Alan Wake

Dead Rising

Dead Rising 2

Rainbow 6

Rainbow 6: Las vegas

Rainbow 6: Las Vegas 2

Fallout 1, 2, tactics, 3, New Vegas

Battlefield 2(PC)

Mafia

mafia II

The Godfather

The Godfather II

HAWX

Splatterhouse

SAW

SAW2

Red Dead Redemption

Any super hero game

Most hunting games

DTR: Retribution

Splinter Cell

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Splinter Cell:Conviction

Army of Two

Those are just what I have on the top of my head. Maybe I should rephrase. 95% of games may not be in the US, but they always involve Americans. Pretty much every war game has the US as main. I'm just tired of always playing as an American. That is what I liked about this series. For once the main character wasn't(Canadian).

Ok guys so everyone on this thread is wrong about the coordinates. In the DLC, the only letter that appears is "W". Everyone here assumed that the the first letter was "N", and the coordinates lead to a road in New York. This makes no sense. If you look at the codex page, there is no Piece of Eden located near those coordinates. If you type in "S" instead of "N" you get a location right off the coast of Chile in the South Pacific Ocean, where, in fact, there is a Piece of Eden, according to the Codex Wall in AC2.

Here is the link containing the locations of the 50 known pieces of Eden, according to the Codex Wall.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

Here is link to Google Maps with the coordinates 43 39 19 s 75 27 42 w

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=43+39+19+s+75+27+42+w&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Enjoy :) :) :) :)

The coordinates are for Desmond in the present and are quite specific rather than a general region. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's where the whole of AC3 will be set, just where Desmond is likely to travel to.

I would have thought it would be more likely Desmond will go to those coordinates but there will be someone in the past who will explain their meaning. (I'm hoping for Victorian London as that would be awesome)

Ok guys so everyone on this thread is wrong about the coordinates. In the DLC, the only letter that appears is "W". Everyone here assumed that the the first letter was "N", and the coordinates lead to a road in New York. This makes no sense. If you look at the codex page, there is no Piece of Eden located near those coordinates. If you type in "S" instead of "N" you get a location right off the coast of Chile in the South Pacific Ocean, where, in fact, there is a Piece of Eden, according to the Codex Wall in AC2.

Here is the link containing the locations of the 50 known pieces of Eden, according to the Codex Wall.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Pieces_of_Eden

Here is link to Google Maps with the coordinates 43 39 19 s 75 27 42 w

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&safe=off&q=43+39+19+s+75+27+42+w&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Enjoy :) :) :) :)

Your idea is plausible... or it would be, if Leonardo hadn't quite clearly stated the letter 'N' as part of the co-ordinates. Check this video of the ending sequence:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

Also, right at the end of the video, the two voices say something about a location for a temple, rather than a Piece of Eden. Besides, they probably wouldn't need these co-ordinates if they pointed to something already shown by the codex map.

New York was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the coordinates.

Those are just what I have on the top of my head. Maybe I should rephrase. 95% of games may not be in the US, but they always involve Americans. Pretty much every war game has the US as main. I'm just tired of always playing as an American. That is what I liked about this series. For once the main character wasn't(Canadian).

The main character is, in fact, American. In case you hadn't noticed, he's the guy that keeps going in to the Animus.

Besides, why's it such a big deal? Most of the games you mentioned have vastly different settings anyway.

So after reading all these posts I sort of went down a wormhole on the coordinates, and found something pretty cool I think. As some other have noted, south of the coordinates is Rome, New York. When I was looking at the coordinates and Rome on Bing Maps I also noticed that there was a Florence New York nearby. That's cool I thought. So I looked into it a little more using the distance calculator and low and behold the three points make an almost perfect Pythagorean triangle. Either a crazy coincidence or a very nice tie in to the DLC.

Here is the map with my notations. ENJOY!:)

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/tuckerdwz2025/acbtrianglenotations.jpg