Medals

Seems to be the common concenses. And I prefer it this way, since if you could get most the medals on easy, I would be disappointed, cause it would take away the challenge of the medals.

Its not that I have a problem with it beening a challenge. It's just that I already have to go throught the whole campaign like a minium of 4 times, once more is going to annoying.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that I have a problem with it beening a challenge. It's just that I already have to go throught the whole campaign like a minium of 4 times, once more is going to annoying.

ya i was reading the gamefaqs guide and decided not to rent this because if i want most of the medals it's gonna be done over multiple play throughs of the game which i probably can't handle going though again

I'm pretty sure that in order to get an S rank all you need to do is destroy all the non-target enemies for the objective. I did this in one mission and then completed the mission with about 2 minutes left, and still achieved S rank so I don't think time has that much to do with it. Every time I successfully do this I get an S rank. I'm currently playing on expert with S rank on all but mission 1, 6? and 13, only because I did not figure this out until after mission 6, and I didn't bother without the Nosferatu for 13.

what about the finish camp using only the machine gun? can you even kill ground targets with machine gun? or whats the catch

Yes you can kill ground targets with the machine gun. If you are real good with your controls you can even kill them with your m-gun before your targeting reticle shows up. but for the ground targets the easiest way to dispose of them is with the allied attack. And then you just mop up the rest

so do i need to start an entire new game to do these with M gun only? or can i replay the easy camp with the same file or what? thanks for the help

None of the Medals can be achieved on easy, they all have to be done on normal and above. It has never been confirmed whether or not you can just replay missions in a completed campaign or not for the medals, however one would think this would not work, but then again, who knows.

You CAN get medals on easy as i am playing through easy and i got the Killing 300 planes Medal. Not sure what others i'll keep you posted. Can you track your # of kills i want to know for the ach it seems to me as quickly as i got the one medal that i would surley be at 1,000 by now. btw anyone wants to play the co-op xbl missions can add me i want to try it but no one on my friends list has the game.

So I'am going for my use only gun medal, again, and breezing through it until I have to fight that dam big airship. I have it down to where I only have to destroy the cockpit. For the life of me I can't hit it. You can only hit it appears from coming in from the front. My gun aiming marker can't get anymore on it, but nothing, no damage. Then you add in the fact i'am getting hammered by sams the whole time, I'am starting to get extremely pissed at this thing. Any advice.

My gun aiming marker can't get anymore on it, but nothing, no damage. Then you add in the fact i'am getting hammered by sams the whole time, I'am starting to get extremely pissed at this thing. Any advice.

To solve the sam problem use your allied attack. Your allies should take the guns out on the ship. For the cockpit problem try shooting right before you have to turn away to avoid hitting the ship. Sometimes it doesn't matter if the guns cross hair comes up. Your guns can still hit from a longer distance just not that accurate.

I had a question. So for the quick silver medal do you have to start a new game or can you do sp continue? My time right now is like 4 hrs... haha i was slow. Will it count the time since the you started the sp continue or does it add to you first campaign time?

You can do it on SP new mission, but you have to play the whole campaign... You can't just redo operations to speed up your time.

So I'am going for my use only gun medal, again, and breezing through it until I have to fight that dam big airship. I have it down to where I only have to destroy the cockpit. For the life of me I can't hit it. You can only hit it appears from coming in from the front. My gun aiming marker can't get anymore on it, but nothing, no damage. Then you add in the fact i'am getting hammered by sams the whole time, I'am starting to get extremely pissed at this thing. Any advice.

I saw someone post on another forum, that the way you take down the big gun ship using only machine gun, is to come at it downward. From the front still, but more like a dive bomb techniquire.... apparently this was confirmd by multiple people as well, I'll be trying this as soon as I get back from my parade for veterans day... BTW, From one to you all Happy Veterans Day:uzi:

I saw someone post on another forum, that the way you take down the big gun ship using only machine gun, is to come at it downward. From the front still, but more like a dive bomb techniquire.... apparently this was confirmd by multiple people as well, I'll be trying this as soon as I get back from my parade for veterans day... BTW, From one to you all Happy Veterans Day:uzi:

If you can line yourself up right like you are luke skywalker at the deathstar you can take it out in one pass by flying the same level as the aiagon and doing a chicken run at it. I tried doing the dive bomb thing but it would not work for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone got a list of the medals that can be done on easy?

I just went through on easy and took no damage (crashing and restarting from checkpoint if hit) Yet no achievement.

I also used one aircraft and no medal what gives........

Do they have to be done on normal up?

I'm going through the game on normal now. Seems like the only ones you can get on easy are the kills and runway landings. I played through with only a multirole, and I never got that medal. So my guess is Normal and up. Will post back when I'm done unless someone does it first.

Edit: Yep. Gotta get the plane medals, bullets only and no damage on normal or higher. Just confirmed this. Obviously all the rest on this setting or higher as well.

PS- The best and easiest way to get no damage and bullets only is two different runs. Way easier. Another thing to note is that you cannot simply land your aircraft on a runway or fly back to base or carrier as this just adds the damage up well over 100% quite quickly. The best thing to do is make sure not to use missiles or have no damage, depending on the medal you're looking for, and collect a checkpoint. Then if you accidentally fire off a missile or take damage, just smash your plane into the ground and it reloads from your last checkpoint. Do not attempt these medals on easy as they will not unlock. Only ones you can collect on easy are all the operation medals, and the machine gun (10, 50, 200) and the total kills (300, 1500, 3000) medals.

PSS- The reason I say to do seperate runs for MG only and no damage, is because when you're taking no damage, it's easier to fire missiles than command your one single wingman to kill almost everything for you, and a lot of the time you can't access squadron attack (air/ground support). And getting MG only is easier alone because you can take all the damage you want, land at a runway, then get back into the fight. Much simpler.

• 4 weeks later...

I just need 5 medals more, 2 completions with specific airplanes, Gold marksman, Sharpshooter and Legendary Ace.

However i do have some questions one of the medals.

Sharpshooter: Any tips on the guy on the guy in mission 13 i think he might be the most trouble part i not sure i ever had him in gunner range.

Edit: Thanks for Acrid for his last post, answered most of my questions, don't know i didn't see it at first.

I just need 5 medals more, 2 completions with specific airplanes, Gold marksman, Sharpshooter and Legendary Ace.

Sharpshooter: Any tips on the guy on the guy in mission 13 i think he might be the most trouble part i not sure i ever had him in gunner range.

Edit: Thanks for Acrid for his last post, answered most of my questions, don't know i didn't see it at first.

Use allied support, the medal is determined weather or not you have fired a missle, not your allies.

Thanks, i was confused, because requesting you allies to attack an enemy could have counted as fired missile. I know it's a little far out, but i don't want to waste to much time playing through the campaign mode again.

Just hope it dosen't take to long on mission 13.

Here to help :) I'm working on a huge FAQ for this game right now which'll include some of the other threads info just to get it all tidy :)

• 3 weeks later...