Why did my Gears 2 rank reset on me? And my achievment glitched to..

INFERNOII

Yes I really haven't cheated or glitched anything. I wouldn't be on this website posting in forums to find people to help get multiplayer achievments with if I could cheat. Cheating is pointless and only complete dickholes cheat so no i dont cheat. Trust me I've tried emails and everything on epic and the gears site and no replies. Its total bullshit and as much as I really liked playing gears online just feel like carrying on is useless now :( If anyone here wants to team up though who has lost there rank add me and we can get back to the level we were at again :)

GT: Carelesschris69

\

well if thats the case and you didn't glitch, then phone MS and let them know. I know i didn't glitch and nothing has happened to me. I doubt they would just pick you for no reason, oh wait, i guess your brother did it when you weren't home. Damned glitchers.

So it seems you can get screwed either way rank wise. You play legit, and might get your rank reset. You glitch to lvl 100 and your gs gets reset. Wow Epic, good looking out. I don't condone the glitchers whatsoever and hope they all get reset, but Epic needs to fix this random rank reset shit because its ridiculous that they punish the glitchers but don't seem to give a crap if the game somehow resets your lvl if your playing legit. It almost seems like everyone is punished just for playing on-line.

Actually it says that the cheaters get there Gamerscores reset so i hope all the cheaters out there get what they deserve :D

No.

If this guy had glitched and been reset, wait a couple of weeks. If his gamerscore is 0, we know he glitched. If its still at what it is now, you know that he's legit. I know this has happened to legit people so don't blindly accuse people...

I'v never actually felt the need to register with this website but i use it quite often; so i guess i'm long time lurker and not so long time poster.

Anyhow, i can't believe all this rubbish i'm reading about people getting their data erased for glitching. All my Gears 2 data was erase after playing Insane on Co-Op with my bro (he was using his profile via memory card)

I had no played online even once but i had gotten to level 50 horde via friends playing on their profile using the same xbox. So no glitches. I wouldn't waste my time glitching anyway; i'm not a gamescore addict.

Well i posted some stuff on Epics offical forum about this problem and i tried emailing them just like the OP. I got nothing but several other users were reporting the same problem. This was no longer than 1 month after the release of the game and frankly i can't believe they haven't fixed it yet. Although they have not blanked the issue they certainly aren't making a song and dance about fixing it. If anything i think they are trying their best to sweep it under the rug.

I came here in the hope of finding out if the game was 'fixed' yet because i would like to try and complete it on Insane mode again (i'd have to unlock it first thanks to loosing my data) By the looks of it though it is only getting worse, affecting more and more people. For this reason i'm seriously disgusted at Epic for treating their customers this way.

I'v never actually felt the need to register with this website but i use it quite often; so i guess i'm long time lurker and not so long time poster.

Anyhow, i can't believe all this rubbish i'm reading about people getting their data erased for glitching. All my Gears 2 data was erase after playing Insane on Co-Op with my bro (he was using his profile via memory card)

I had no played online even once but i had gotten to level 50 horde via friends playing on their profile using the same xbox. So no glitches. I wouldn't waste my time glitching anyway; i'm not a gamescore addict.

Well i posted some stuff on Epics offical forum about this problem and i tried emailing them just like the OP. I got nothing but several other users were reporting the same problem. This was no longer than 1 month after the release of the game and frankly i can't believe they haven't fixed it yet. Although they have not blanked the issue they certainly aren't making a song and dance about fixing it. If anything i think they are trying their best to sweep it under the rug.

I came here in the hope of finding out if the game was 'fixed' yet because i would like to try and complete it on Insane mode again (i'd have to unlock it first thanks to loosing my data) By the looks of it though it is only getting worse, affecting more and more people. For this reason i'm seriously disgusted at Epic for treating their customers this way.

what is it that got erased for you? is it the achievements you already unlocked or are you talking about the game stuff like kills

Isn't it microsoft that were the ones that did this and not Epic? I'm not sure how it works with this stuff

My achievements stayed unlocked but any progress towards those that were not unlocked was lost. Seriously 2.0 for example i lost around 10,000 kills. Also i lost all my unlockable items even though i still have the achievement for getting all of them. As for what i was doing when it happend i'm a little unclear. My brother was playing on Memory Card and he signed in, we played and turned it off for the night. The next day we try to do the same and it let me continue on the chapter we had got to on Insane but all my data was gone. Epic say it is down to people "quiting" or turning the console off while it is loading/saving. Problem is, at least before the online patch, most people quit out of loading menus because of the ridiculous amount of time it took to find a match for it only to be a laggy piece of shit. Like i said though, when this happend i'd not been online and i never heard of a glitch to unlock ranks - as far as i was aware the game didn't even have a ranking system. I believe the problem lay in linking up other peoples profiles in a match - i have heard that many experience deletion when playing co-op on the same computer. Related links: http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=674455&page=2 and http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=633678 No point in talking to Epic. Got their ears packed with mud and their eyes closed.

Edited by ListlessDonkey

• 1 year later...

you all think u have it bad...

try being level 90 and getting your rank reset..... :(

It happened to my friend twice and he said go on the public forum on the gears website and contact a employee.

im trying it right now and it better work or im done. thank god reach comes out in less then 2 days..

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So my rank 100 is gone so i cant get the memorial achievement...1 of only 3 im missing...I hate my life...

Weird. I haven't played gears 2 since September. Only 1 horde achievement left which was the memorial one. Get on tonight and I'm back to level 1. Luckily I already have my lvl 100 achievement. It didn't reset my kills, only 3600 anyway, but all the waves in the war journal are back to zero. All my collectables are still there. Sucks cause I only needed wave 21-40, I should have just finished that up back then. Shouldn't take too long to get back to lvl 40 anyhow but sucks that I have to.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeah, happened a year ago during the last 12 days of gearsmas, it was tickers only horde and I had left my box on overnight idle boosting on one level (don't remember which, it had lasers). So I went to exit because it had only gotten to wave 4 (last ticker was just standing in the middle arg!) and it froze up at the loading screen. I freaked out and didn't know what to do. But then when I went to load it back up, it wouldn't even load the title screen, it just made my screen black. Haven't done anything since...Oh, and had 1650 games, 50k kills for Seriously 2.0, and was level 88.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have resently got back to 50 and got battle hardened gear when i should be 100+. I thaught it was because i baught the all fronts and deleted the others. But the reason i think i got reset was that i lost my internet and played the campagn offline for the seriously2 count, it was when i got back on line that i saw my rank dropped to lvl 1. I WAS PISSED as I like gears 1,2&3. But now gears 3 is to goto 2,000 plus i'm not so sure i want to play for it just incase i get reset on that too and to top it off i can't even install gears 2 to my hard drive. so as far as gears 3 I havn't got the season pass and I WILL NOT GET IT EVEN FOR A PRICE DROP> EPIC CAN STICK IT *************** DONT SHINE. I'M going for WARHAMMER FOR MY FIRST 2,000 game.

EDIT: My brother convinced me to get the season pass for 2400msp so i could play private matches with our friends but I will not be going for seriously 1 2 or 3, or re-rank.

EPIC can count themselves lucky I got it, but don't think for a minute that I will support a Gears completion. WARHAMMER is my choice of 2k completion.

Edited by DigitALxBullets

• 2 weeks later...

I loaded up the game today to get a few of the online cheevs. Figured it'd be pretty dead that I could easily get the wingman, guardian and meat flag cheevs only to see I have gone from level 82 to level 1 for no apparent reason what so ever.

I played for bout 4 hours and got to level 20. Not really sure why as I have no desire to get to level 100 now that I got reset, but I guess it's cos I have nothing better to do

• 1 month later...

I still need the annex achievement, and was thinking about going back to it until i read all this. The last time i played it was when the 25x xp ws on and horde was all tickers and i didnt glitch my lvl100 but i did the koth boosting.Would this class as cheating because if it does then i think ill leave gears 2 at 1650 and sack seriously 2.0 and annex so at least i still have all the weapons and medals in gears 3 and all the achievements in gears 2

• 1 year later...