Please God NO!

Carmona

• 1 month later...

I'll be checking out sniper elite v2 first. i love the original. i did play ghost warrior 1 and enjoyed it for the most part. only question is, have they fixed the problems? most game developers learn from their mistakes but some never seem to. I hope the game does well, but only time will tell

• 1 month later...

I hope they don't put any bits where your not given a sniper again, I want the game to be better than the last with Mabye co op instead of multiplayer, because the achivments where impossible but apart from that I think I might be looking forward to it, not enough stealthy games around these days

• 3 weeks later...

I'm playing through the first game now (offline with no update so the Seeker bug/glitch doesn't affect me). They're easy enough single player achievements, which is why I'm playing it. Definitely not going for any multiplayer ones. I don't want to have it rented from Gamefly forever...

I don't know what it is, but I hate games that take place in the jungle, and this game is nothing but. But I guess that's a suitable environment for snipers.

While it's an okay game, there are a lot of bugs. You're right about enemies being able to see and shoot you from 400 meters way. I had a hell of a time at the beginning of level 3, Dangerous Grounds, the one where you have to sneak undetected to the lighthouse. I'd be prone in the foliage and some fucker 100 meters away would see me and raise the alarm. I must have replayed the first part of that level 15 times. It sucked. I was ready to say fuck it to the game.

The gameplay isn't bad, but there's nothing innovative about it. Seems like they took Sniper Elite, put it in a modern setting and left out some things. I did like the "concentration mode", however unrealistic it is.

I'm waiting for the achievements to decide whether I'm going to play this or not. If they're similar to the first game, I may rent it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I actually enjoyed the 1st game, there are a lot worse games out there than this one. Having played other generic shooters with flaws, I didn't mind Sniper at all.

Can't compare to big name series like COD/BF buy try low budget shooters like Section 8, Fracture, Timeshift, ShellShock2, Frontlines, Bulletstorm etc and you'll see that Sniper is a decent game.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually enjoyed the 1st game, there are a lot worse games out there than this one. Having played other generic shooters with flaws, I didn't mind Sniper at all.

Can't compare to big name series like COD/BF buy try low budget shooters like Section 8, Fracture, Timeshift, ShellShock2, Frontlines, Bulletstorm etc and you'll see that Sniper is a decent game.

I agree. The first game wasn't bad at all. Definately going to pick this up.

• 1 month later...

I am one of the few that enjoied the first game, i have played it twice..

I know that for "casual COD gamers" this one is really hard, but i liked it for the difficulty level.. I hope they can fix some little problems (COD and others have really big bugs, glitches and more but no one say nothing about because it's normal in these games but not normal in a new one..)

One more thing, when Sniper Ghost Warrior had come out the reviewer gave to it 2/10, few months later (when about 1 million people bought the game..) they pulled out a 7/10..

I am waiting for it (same price of the first: 39,99€..)

Edited by Gem87

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I remember reading a review about the first game and one of the pros about the game is that there will never be a sequel. I read that after I knew about the sequel, so I lol'd.

I've been tempted to try out the first one, but reviews like that, and the constant complaint about bad AI don't help.

I'm pretty sure there has been some kind of update or patch for it as I played it on hard mode after around year later it was released.

I had no problem and no superior AI. I was surprised how easy it was on hard when I wanted to destroy the game completely on normal xD

i personally really like the 1st one, the campaign anyways.

i don't think an mp part of the game should have been added though.

the complaint i've heard from most of my friends on why they didn't like the 1st one was because of the bullet drop and cross wind mad. i guess the game was too hard for them with those added into the difficulty, lol?

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't played any sniper games on here yet, may just start with Sniper V2 then try this out.

Sniper V2 is set in WWII with limited choice of weapons from that era, Sniper Ghost warrior is in some fictional South American country with no choice, just whatever you're given as far as I remember. Same concept with bullet drop and wind but they're very different games apart from Sniper Rifles ;)

Honestly Sniper V2 is how you make a sniper game.

I haven't played any sniper games on here yet, may just start with Sniper V2 then try this out.

Sniper V2 is set in WWII with limited choice of weapons from that era, Sniper Ghost warrior is in some fictional South American country with no choice, just whatever you're given as far as I remember. Same concept with bullet drop and wind but they're very different games apart from Sniper Rifles ;)

I've only played the demo of Sniper Elite V2 and liked it much better than the whole first Ghost Warrior game. AI was complete bullshit. I have since bought it but haven't sat down to play it yet.

I do like the fact that there are urban environments in this one, not just the friggin' jungle. If I wanted to play a Sniper game in the jungle, I'd watch the movie Sniper, which isn't any better than the first game. I *hate* jungle levels in games.

As for this game, "you can polish a turd, but it's still a piece of shit". I'll pick this up on the cheap next year when it's under $10, but it may just be next year when this finally comes out...

Edited by bLaKgRaVy