Roadmap & Achievement Guide

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you get the friend of trolls achievement on Roche's path ?

Because I read that the quest for the two trolls in chapter 2 is available only on Iorveth's path.

On Roche's path, Geralt and Vernon Roche meets the Troll of Vergen at the end of the Chapter, on the road for Vergen, after Geralt has dispatched the mist.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Troll_of_Vergen

Also rokkyrok:

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/HF/du/14CLiGJhbC9EAht1GyxTWTU1L2FjaC8wLzgwAAAAAOfn5-hBVwA=.jpg

15G Gladiator

Defeat all opponents in the Kaedweni arena.

Talk to Proximo near the fighting arena and win 4 easy rounds.

Simply talking to him won't do much, i.e. you can't start right away. I'd add this to clear things up:

Proximo is the one you should talk to about arenas. You won't be able to do a lot in here though until you complete the quest called The Butcher of Cidaris, which will trigger availability of the quest Ave Henselt, which features Geralt taking part in arena fights.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

So uhm, I did all of auches memories for the necromancer achievement and It didn't pop.. isn't this unmissable? :(

Huh, that's exactly what I wanted to ask anybody in here. Seems that it IS MISSABLE indeed.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/DL/SU/0YCLiGJhbC82Aht1GyxTWTU1L2FjaC8wLzhCAAAAAOfn5-67tBA=.jpg

50G Necromancer

Relive all of Auckes's memories in Dethmold's vision.

Story related.

Going for this achievement right now on my DARK run. Still unfuckingsure where to start. Can anyone confirm this and how he/she got it. Thanks.

Huh, that's exactly what I wanted to ask anybody in here. Seems that it IS MISSABLE indeed.

Going for this achievement right now on my DARK run. Still unfuckingsure where to start. Can anyone confirm this and how he/she got it. Thanks.

Well the thing that sucks is i think its glitched... because I did in fact do the visions, and pretty sure I did all of them... this really bites...

Well the thing that sucks is i think its glitched... because I did in fact do the visions, and pretty sure I did all of them... this really bites...

Well the only solution I've found so far is this and the guy still wrote at the down bottom

"HE THINKS, IT SHOULD UNLOCK...!" -.-

http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=443830#vch

Did you do all of this!? :confused:

Well the only solution I've found so far is this and the guy still wrote at the down bottom

"HE THINKS, IT SHOULD UNLOCK...!" -.-

http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=443830#vch

Did you do all of this!? :confused:

*sigh* Yeah I found out why I don't have it.. I didn't do the camp part.. and it didn't ask me to continue so I figured I was done sigh, hopefully I have a save near that...

*sigh* Yeah I found out why I don't have it.. I didn't do the camp part.. and it didn't ask me to continue so I figured I was done sigh, hopefully I have a save near that...

So can you enlighten me/us please. Is it missable or story-related!? And what exactly QUEST/NAME triggers this achievement!?

So can you enlighten me/us please. Is it missable or story-related!? And what exactly QUEST/NAME triggers this achievement!?

Ok I got it figured out. read carefully. MAJOR SPOILERS fyi so if you want don't come back to this post until it's obvious (and it will be) you should.

Feel free to add this to the achievement description OP (recommended really)

How to get Necromancer: It is story related, but it is easily missable as I'll mention.

After an assassination attempt on king henslet by 2 witchers, auches and w/e. Dethmold wants you to enter the memories of the one you kill to find out etc etc. In here one mistake (stepping on a trap, going the wrong way, dying) will throw you out and you have to go back in.

1st is just easy killing some harpies/bandits, pretty straightforward.

2nd is carefully follow the other guy and don't touch any traps, make sure to look at the ground the entire time. You will proceed to have some convo.

<SAVE HERE> you'll find out why.

3rd is your inside the war camp prevalent in ch2. Wait for the 2 guards to start moving, you can move up a tent and hide behind it, and keep following the guard that goes straight (or left you could say) he will turn around 2 times so be careful, line of sight breaks the mission, and I'm not sure if you can re-enter the memories after it breaks this time. once he goes to the fire go to the right and keep going and it should throw you into the next fragment.

4th is just walking straight as the other guy mumbles about some big stuff goin down.

5th is where you are in the kings encapment and fighting. It's pretty easy as your guys are really hax against regular stuff. Just do some rolling and pwn them from behind.

This is where the DING should be, after you kill the last one.

6th, face Geralt, and get owned badly (I wasn't even able to hit him, Shield + swirling sword attack = lolwutpwned.)

Not written the greatest so feel free to rewrite that stuff.. xD

Ok I got it figured out. read carefully. MAJOR SPOILERS fyi so if you want don't come back to this post until it's obvious (and it will be) you should.

How to get Necromancer: It is story related, but it is easily missable as I'll mention.

After an assassination attempt on king henslet by 2 witchers, auches and w/e. Dethmold wants you to enter the memories of the one you kill to find out etc etc. In here one mistake (stepping on a trap, going the wrong way, dying) will throw you out and you have to go back in.

2nd is carefully follow the other guy and don't touch any traps, make sure to look at the ground the entire time. You will proceed to have some convo.

3rd is your inside the war camp prevalent in ch2. Wait for the 2 guards to start moving, you can move up a tent and hide behind it, and keep following the guard that goes straight (or left you could say) he will turn around 2 times so be careful, line of sight breaks the mission, and I'm not sure if you can re-enter the memories after it breaks this time. once he goes to the fire go to the right and keep going and it should throw you into the next fragment.

4th is just walking straight as the other guy mumbles about some big stuff goin down.

5th is where you are in the kings encapment and fighting. It's pretty easy as your guys are really hax against regular stuff. Just do some rolling and pwn them from behind.

6th, face Geralt, and get owned badly (I wasn't even able to hit him, Shield + swirling sword attack = lolwutpwned.)

Thank you, plenty times thank you! :)

For people not attempting dark: reload an Act 1 save after you have completed everything EXCEPT for the troll quest. This way if you ever decide to tackle Dark, you will have all of the rest of the achievements and then can race through ignoring almost everything that's not related to the main questline.

Edited by InfiniteRefrain

Little question. How many levels can I gain in act 3. At the start I'm level 28 and I'm stressing out about not being able to hit 35.

I'm also in the same situation, I've done ever side quest, im 28 at the beginning of 3, any advice people? Or will it be fine? :|

Does the chapter 1 troll have anything to do with troll slayer or is it only chapter 2 trolls?

Yes, you must kill the chapter 1 troll and than on roches quest line (im not sure about the elves quest line, prol the same i would guess) you kill the female troll and than her bf/husband just a little ways away. There is a random troll out in the plains/hilly/mountain area around the camp but he DOES NOT count.

You save these same 3 trolls for the other achieve.

It is possible to get Dragonheart while doing Roche path. You just have to walk away after the dragon hits the tree. It probably should be moved from Iorweth missables to general missables.

I don't think anybody mentioned this but if somebody did, sorry for repeating.

Go to the next mission objective, to the guy who gives you the reward for killing the Kayran. You will also get the diagram from him.

I don't think you can buy it. I got it from the merchant as part of my reward. You have to tell him to double the payment. Then use Axii on him to get him to agree.

You may want to add that some achievements take a few seconds to unlock. I upgraded my abilities once and the sense of magic achievement didnt pop straight away so re-loaded my save and tried again, after waiting a few seconds it eventually popped.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Troll_of_Vergen

Also rokkyrok:

Simply talking to him won't do much, i.e. you can't start right away. I'd add this to clear things up:

Proximo is the one you should talk to about arenas. You won't be able to do a lot in here though until you complete the quest called The Butcher of Cidaris, which will trigger availability of the quest Ave Henselt, which features Geralt taking part in arena fights.

will update tomorrow.

thanks all for your additions.

i wrote roadmap from memory and just wanted to keep it brief, guess i was too brief.

Thanks, I couldn't find them.

Anytime here to help! :)

To rokkyrok:

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/DL/SU/0YCLiGJhbC82Aht1GyxTWTU1L2FjaC8wLzhCAAAAAOfn5-67tBA=.jpg

50G Necromancer

Relive all of Auckes's memories in Dethmold's vision.

Story related.

Just a lil heads-up when/where the achievement is going to be triggered, you can take the other infos from the above posts (ChaosTheoryV2X).

Chapter II > Quests > THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS > HELP DETHMOLD IN HIS NECROMANTIC RITUAL

The guy MASTER MYRON, where to buy the potion formula GADWALL is right outside the tent (where Dethmold is inside), next to the entrance.

Create the potion (1x Rebis/1xVermilion/1xCaelum/1xSol/1xAether), drink it and talk to Dethmold again to start the ritual.

!THE ACHIEVEMENT POPPED FOR ME AS SOON AS I KILLED THE ALL OF THE SOLDIERS IN THE 5th FRAGMENT!

If you die during that fight you will MISS OUT on this achievement.

Edited by JuSt BLaZe

For anyone playing on Dark Mode: I cannot find anywhere the Draugir Armor Fragment needed to craft the Oathbreaker Armor.

The only point in Chapter 2 where I could fight Draugirs was the very beginning of the chapter and just a couple of them. I didn't loot them so I think now I cannot complete the Oathbreaker set.

So be careful and remember to loot Draugir Armor Fragment immediately or you will not be able to obtain the Oathbreaker set.

For anyone playing on Dark Mode: I cannot find anywhere the Draugir Armor Fragment needed to craft the Oathbreaker Armor.

The only point in Chapter 2 where I could fight Draugirs was the very beginning of the chapter and just a couple of them. I didn't loot them so I think now I cannot complete the Oathbreaker set.

So be careful and remember to loot Draugir Armor Fragment immediately or you will not be able to obtain the Oathbreaker set.

I got it from fighting the big badass DRAUG boss in the mist. So you are good to go. Also I don't know why wasting time in crafting the Oathbreaker or what it is called.

I managed to advance in DARK mode without it.

I got it from fighting the big badass DRAUG boss in the mist. So you are good to go. Also I don't know why wasting time in crafting the Oathbreaker or what it is called.

I managed to advance in DARK mode without it.

Are you sure ?

Because the draug armor fragment and the draugir armor fragment share a similar name but are two completely different materials (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draugir_armor_fragment and http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draug_armor_fragment).

The one needed fot the oathbreaker armor is the draugir armor fragment.

If I'm not wrong, I think the draug should only drop the draug armor fragment.

Are you sure ?

Because the draug armor fragment and the draugir armor fragment share a similar name but are two completely different materials (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draugir_armor_fragment and http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Draug_armor_fragment).

The one needed fot the oathbreaker armor is the draugir armor fragment.

If I'm not wrong, I think the draug should only drop the draug armor fragment.

Ok my bad. You are right. I have the Draug armor. ;)

really handy guide so far.

intimidator,apprentice and gambler can all be got easily in the prologue. plenty of stuff to pick up for the ptions, the guards side quest in the town has an intimidate option and there's dice and arm wrestling in the camp and the fist fight in the cell is where my ach popped

15G Threesome

Kill three foes at once by performing a group finisher.

For this one, if I may suggest, please do mention that it can only be done on human/sentient enemies. Very minor info, but it could help others who are doing it on monsters, thinking it's a glitch that the finisher animation shows only 1 enemy.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I never took the time to read the other pages.

15G Threesome

Kill three foes at once by performing a group finisher.

For this one, if I may suggest, please do mention that it can only be done on human/sentient enemies. Very minor info, but it could help others who are doing it on monsters, thinking it's a glitch that the finisher animation shows only 1 enemy.

Sorry if this has been posted already, I never took the time to read the other pages.

Also this is really easy if you just pull out your sword in a city and have a bunch of guards swarm up ;).

@ TC For getting the 3 adrenaline ability achievements (the mutant/heliotrope/group finisher) It's much for practical to instead do the quest From a Bygone Era as you are able to fully respec, simply make a save before you talk to the Operator. This is just easier than holding onto points imo.

Anytime here to help! :)

To rokkyrok:

Just a lil heads-up when/where the achievement is going to be triggered, you can take the other infos from the above posts (ChaosTheoryV2X).

Chapter II > Quests > THE ASSASSINS OF KINGS > HELP DETHMOLD IN HIS NECROMANTIC RITUAL

The guy MASTER MYRON, where to buy the potion formula GADWALL is right outside the tent (where Dethmold is inside), next to the entrance.

Create the potion (1x Rebis/1xVermilion/1xCaelum/1xSol/1xAether), drink it and talk to Dethmold again to start the ritual.

!THE ACHIEVEMENT POPPED FOR ME AS SOON AS I KILLED THE ALL OF THE SOLDIERS IN THE 5th FRAGMENT!

If you die during that fight you will MISS OUT on this achievement.

Yep, i just drank it and finished the mission and it popped for me.