Easy rare box method after tu2

dkykong

If it helps people further, I dd this with the prize box glitch where if you follow this guide, get your first rare box but instead of restarting the section, go to options, storage location, click B to return back without picking a location, click b again so you continue and then you restart section. What that does is that you get ur rare box again and the previous one sticks. I got the tripwire method working where I only need one more ribbon per section so was getting a rare box every minute.

Note, cleared the cache as well.

Thanks for getting me deranked 2 level 6. :mad: made me lose all my skins and friggin medals!!!!

Edited by Darkrenegade25

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did the trick no problem. Cleared my cache, moved my player data to my memory card and also removed the card, started game and declined update, and grinded ribbons/kills/levels. I also used the trick to choose your storage location and make the boxes go faster (even had a point where every time I chose my Storage Location, it gave me an Epic prize box :p)

After I got plenty of boxes, I just signed back into live at the main menu, which told me to update the console. After I did that, I still had my level and progress, as well as like 50 prize boxes. Now I have every possible skin in the game, so I'm ready to do that damn Golden Artifacts achievement. If I can figure out how to get it to work, then it can't be complicated. Not sure what you did wrong Renegade, as I wasn't there when you did the steps.

Thanks for getting me deranked 2 level 6. :mad: made me lose all my skins and friggin medals!!!!

Your problem and your problem only pal. You should have used USB/Flash drive, every DAMN time you do something like this. Also, didn't restarting the game help? Because first of all after doing this I went to dashboard and connected to internet there, not right in the game after doing it - that may be the problem somehow.

Works an absolute treat! I'm not clearing my cache because I'm busy finishing up some GoW2 achievements but getting 50 kills via the Tripwire boosting method on Act 4-2 (or 3?) then going back online, opening prizeboxes, disconnecting and repeating works a charm.

Thanks OP, awesome solution. :D

Good find dude, i'm pretty high level now so i might use this method to get the necessary armour and weapon skins that i'm missing, i got really tired of getting shitty 500 or 1000 xp boxes, i get more when i play a shite game of multiplayer. Also check out some gameplay from the new maps and the new breakthrough game mode.....

• 3 weeks later...
If it helps people further, I dd this with the prize box glitch where if you follow this guide, get your first rare box but instead of restarting the section, go to options, storage location, click B to return back without picking a location, click b again so you continue and then you restart section. What that does is that you get ur rare box again and the previous one sticks. I got the tripwire method working where I only need one more ribbon per section so was getting a rare box every minute.

Note, cleared the cache as well.

Thank you and thanks to dkykong as well! I did this and managed to get gold gnasher which I really needed.

• 1 month later...