Damn you EA - damaged saved game file

Abstract Class

I loaded up my Simpsons saved game file today, so that I could work through previous levels to find the missing collectibles.

Or, to be correct, I should say that I tried to load my Simpsons saved game today, as the game reports my save as damaged. Browsing around on the net suggests that this is not unusual, but I have yet to find a fix :(

Seems that it's more likely to happen if you complete the main storyline and then try to load the game up at a later date, but has been known to happen on other occasions as well.

Bloody EA and their awful quality control.

If anyone finds/knows of a solution to this, I'd be grateful. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait and hope for a patch.

As far as I'm aware, there has been no fix to this.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=43990

thats a rant I put up a while back, same type of thing occured to me. It was pretty annoying to replay it all but I was able to go thru it fairly quickly because Having already played it made it that much easier.

Plus what may be a good idea is to copy the save file to a memory unit if you have one. This way you have a backup and don't have to restart from the begining again.

Just a suggestion.

Aside from this whole weird memory issue and the camera in the game, I really loved this game!! It made me enjoy Simpsons again.

I have this in another thread with the same problem

thats not an uncommon glitch, sometimes, the game freezes in the autosave, without you knowing, or lags, so even it says "saving" and the message disappears, wait 10 minutes before you turn it off to give the game a chance to catch up with the programming of all its features.

hope that helps,

:)

PS. best suggestion is use a memory card and before you quit, save it also on ur memory card. so u have 2 copies

well, thats a morality call and entirely up to you.

if you don't play thru it again, i can't say that i would blame you as I nearly decided to give up, too.

maybe shelf the game for a month then come back to it, you may have a different feel for the game at that time.

oh and you don't have a regular HD you save to? if you didnt, its a good investment that I recommend getting. you should be able to get a 20 gig off from Ebay I think now for about 40$USD

So, hope thats been helpful for you man! Sorry bout the save data loss, I know how you feel believe me!

Thanks guys, good to know that I am not alone in feeling this pain :)

I do have a hard drive, but save all my saved games and my profile to my memory card - A) so that they are portable and B) as it's less likely to fail than a HD.

Maybe I will shelf the game for a while as you suggest - right now I can't face playing it all again!

yea that really sucks when that happens.. i recently turned on crackdown the other day to find that my saved game was damaged and i only needed three more races to do for street racer elite and i had 496/500 green orbs its a terrible thing theres nothing you can do either i guess next time you can save to your HD first and keep another save on your memory card as a backup just in case, im thinking of doing that.

Damn! Wish I'd read this before starting. Lost 6 levels WITH ALL COLLECTABLES this week - my savefile just disappeared like a fart in the wind. Started to play again and just finished Medal of Homer. Will definitely be investing in a memory card soon. For me, this is the first game I've experienced this problem on.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes this Just happend to my girlfriend aswell she had completed the story and was going back through levels gettin the collectables she was 78% done. She is filthy that she has to go back through, as of now i am backing up the games i am playing so this disaster never happens again.

Wow, so apparently I'm not the only one that was served a steaming plate of injustice courtesy of EA.

I had put about 8 hours into the Simpson's game so far, beating all but the last two levels with full collectibles in every preceding level and almost all of the time trials. Furthermore, I was 15 (F-I-F-T-E-E-N) Duff bottle caps away from finding all collectibles in Springfield.

Imagine my surprise then when I go to load up my saved game last night and Kent Brockman nonchalantly tells me my saved game must be corrupted - and, would I like to start another game? No, Kent, screw you.

Maybe EA should perform some quality control on the utter crap they let their interns code. I can think of no sin greater in gaming than to put in hours of my life towards a goal, only to have it randomly corrupted due to lackluster programming. Needless to say, the game has already been stuffed in a Gamefly envelope and shipped back to its maker. Honestly, I doubt I'll ever play it again, and I'll probably never play another EA game that doesn't rhyme with McFadden.

15 caps left? I can only imagine how infuriating that must have been!

Unfortunately my copy wasn't a rental - my in-laws had given it to me as a Christmas present. I really enjoyed the game, just a shame it was let down by (as you say) appalling coding and QA.

I don't know if part of the saved file could be rescued - for all we know the file might just be truncated and still intact, but enough for the game to refuse to load the file. Hopefully EA will realise the problem and produce some kind of patch.

Annoying though, that by buying the game I have "encouraged" such shoddy material. The only way to make EA realise that we won't stand for rushed, buggy software is to vote with our wallets.

Haha, it very might well be the case that EA releases a patch that fixes damaged save game files. However, I believe it might be too late for me as I've already deleted the saved game in a whirlwind of unyielding fury - removing all tainted vestiges of the Simpson's game from my hard-drive. I'm the sort who likes to act first, burn bridges second, and think things through only as a last resort. :)

However, I wouldn't put any stock in the notion that EA will even acknowledge that a problem exists with this game, let alone patch it. I believe they've already run through the $12,000 they budgeted towards its development and wouldn't spend a Jefferson nickel more towards its maintenance. The thing that really bugs me is that I work as a programmer and would be downright horrified if such a bug was shipped in any code I wrote.

Damn you, Kent Brockman.

The thing that really bugs me is that I work as a programmer and would be downright horrified if such a bug was shipped in any code I wrote.

Ditto, I've done my years of software development and I'm now a consultant. I'd be mortified if something I'd put my name to had such a fundamental flaw.

We all make mistakes, but for QA not to have picked this bug up is inexcusable.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...