Koch Media buys Metro rights, thoughts?

Opiate42

So Metro has been bought up by Koch Media, who publish games under the name Deep Silver. They've published games like Dead Island and Catherine, among a handful of Kinect games and some forgettable TV tie-ins.

Thoughts on how this will play out for the release of Metro Last Light? Is Deep Silver a publisher who intrudes and alters the developers vision and will make drastic changes to the game so close to release? Or are they likely to simply let the game fly as 4A intended?

Personally other than the demo for Catherine I have never played anything they've published, so truly do not have a clue either way.

Wait and see time.

(RIP Vigil, never played Darksiders but sad to see a studio go down this way)

For the sake of expecting a worst case scenario, I hope they let the game be as well. When/if Metro 3 ever rolls around I hope they know enough to keep the awesome factor of the Metro series going (as long as Metro 2 is good :p).

And as for Vigil, it definitely sucks to see them go. DS1 was awesome, though I think they may have tried a bit too much with DS2, I definitely feel they would have evolved into a great RPG/Adventure game developer.

As long as the Limited Edition is still released and is unchanged from what we have seen so far, I'm still in for a day one purchase. The game has to be very far along in development by now, Koch would be fools to do something to interrupt that now. Even if they have to push the release date back a few weeks given the new ownership, however doubtful that may be, if a quality game is still delivered then I'm happy.

The only game Deep Silver has done that I have played is Dead Island and the bug, glitch infested game that it was. I drove an invisible car. Had a corrupt save after 40 hours of playing, got stuck IN a door, and other things.

Hopefully, like others have said they leave well enough alone and let the Dev polish it up and release it. If there is a 3rd Metro (which there probably will be) I'll have to look at it really close to see if I want to get it.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost bought by Ubisoft.

Winning bidder: Koch Media

Winning bid: $5,877,551

Back-up bidder: Ubisoft

Back-up bid: $5.175 million

I only know that Deep Silver published Dead Island which I only played while at a cousin's house for a few hours it was fun. I hope they leave Last Light alone leave it to 4A Games. Thank God it wasn't bought by EA!

It's now really close to the release month THQ set (March) and it doesn't appear it's going to be released in March but at least it now has a home and we don't have to worry about THQ's problems with this publisher.