Dlc

Swyer87

No body knows anything (besides that Heists will be coming 'soon', but as the above poster stated: Heists will likely not have achievements since they are meant to be free DLC), if anyone did know anything about future DLC: you wouldn't need to ask if anyone has any information as there would be threads about it already. :p

As far as single player DLC is concerned, all we know that there will be some eventually. What exactly it will be, how much it will cost, when it will be released (other than 2014) and whatnot hasn't been said -- only that it's coming (which is a no-brainer, it's GTA). To be fair though, I imagine that the whole Online modded lobbies issue did divert a lot of the developers' focus away from DLC in order to get things fixed, so early 2014 as originally planned may not be feasible.

Doing a quick search though, there are rumors running around now that the DLC could be alien related. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about that though (but it is just a rumor). All I know is that I do NOT want stupid zombies in GTA! :p

To be fair though, I imagine that the whole Online modded lobbies issue did divert a lot of the developers' focus away from DLC in order to get things fixed, so early 2014 as originally planned may not be feasible.

I could understand this theory if R* were a 2 man indie development team, but I just can't see R* stopping a full departments progress on the DLC, just so that they can take a member or two and get them to fix a bit of code (when they should already have a department for doing that sort of thing).

I've no doubt R* will use it as part of an excuse for lateness of new content though.

All I know is that I do NOT want stupid zombies in GTA! :p

I can't wait for the zombies, though I do think they would have suited GTA:IV better then GTA:V. :p

I could understand this theory if R* were a 2 man indie development team, but I just can't see R* stopping a full departments progress on the DLC, just so that they can take a member or two and get them to fix a bit of code (when they should already have a department for doing that sort of thing).

I've no doubt R* will use it as part of an excuse for lateness of new content though.

Based on my experiences with Rockstar support, the amount of time it takes for them to fix issues, and the presumption they'd also be working on their next project(s), I'm not entirely convinced there are a whole lot of people working GTA post-launch. So an all-hands-on-deck issue like the modded lobbies could very easily delay progress on story DLC.

I'm not saying that's definitely the case, but it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility as you seem to think.

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering the same thing. I bought some MS points in anticipation of DLC with achievements.

I hope some single player DLC does come out, so it would encourage me to play SP more.

The heists for GTA V are starting to gain a status somewhat to similar to Half Life 3. No one even knows if it's even going to exist or not.

• 1 month later...